Blending strains
-
Seanjuan84
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 am
Blending strains
Is there a list of types to use to make other types? I would like to make a good green kali but don’t know what types to use to create kali. Would it be Borneo blended with indo or something like that? I have about 50 blends, and have created a few good and bad ones LoL. Just looking for help! Any recipes for blends are greatly appreciated!
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Blending strains
Hummm,,I'm not sure what you mean. Recipes? Are you using fresh leaves? I am curious what kind of responses you get to this question, ,I'm totally confused, ,good luck!
-
Seanjuan84
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 am
Re: Blending strains
Maeng da is an example of a blend. I would like to know what types are used to make other types. I heard Borneo, indo, or Jong Kong can be used as a base then other types blended in to it to “make” a different strain. I’m trying to see if anyone has a list of good blends
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Blending strains
I'm pretty sure what you're asking for is a "trade secret." Maybe gumby can chime in somewhat, but I doubt anyone is going to give you exactly the proportions you are looking for. That being said, good luck all the same on your quest.Seanjuan84 wrote:Maeng da is an example of a blend. I would like to know what types are used to make other types. I heard Borneo, indo, or Jong Kong can be used as a base then other types blended in to it to “make” a different strain. I’m trying to see if anyone has a list of good blends
-
Seanjuan84
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 am
Re: Blending strains
Thanks guys. I guess I’ll keep blending the stuff I bought already until I get the right feel from it
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Blending strains
I have been trying to figure out the blending secret myself, I'll have streaks where I'm spot on and weeks where everything seems to clash and make me feel horrible.
Best radio I have found (for a 4g dose) is 2.7-3gs of mid or faster strain, and 1.3-1g of slower. Seems to work way better than 50/50 for me.
Best radio I have found (for a 4g dose) is 2.7-3gs of mid or faster strain, and 1.3-1g of slower. Seems to work way better than 50/50 for me.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Blending strains
I usually just take a little spoon of this and then a little spoon of that when I want to mix. Usually I just do them separately.
Edit : years ago I saw a chart that was EXACTLY what you are looking for, but I've been looking for a half hour at least and can't find hide or hair of it anywhere. It was like this : Yellow Vietnam : 30% White 20% Red and 50% green (arbitrary ratios, but that was the format) Nowadays? Nowhere to be found. Sorry.
Edit : years ago I saw a chart that was EXACTLY what you are looking for, but I've been looking for a half hour at least and can't find hide or hair of it anywhere. It was like this : Yellow Vietnam : 30% White 20% Red and 50% green (arbitrary ratios, but that was the format) Nowadays? Nowhere to be found. Sorry.
- su9861
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:08 pm
- Location: Pittsburgh Pa
- Contact:
Re: Blending strains
Thanks guys. I guess I’ll keep blending the stuff I bought already until I get the right feel from it\
Start a notebook / recipe cards When you find the correct mix....or not so.
I always mix my reds with reds that seems to be "more" than of any one strain by itself?
I also like my PINK' red & white best of both a mega green if you will
T here were tons of posts on reddit about mixing. good luck
Start a notebook / recipe cards When you find the correct mix....or not so.
I always mix my reds with reds that seems to be "more" than of any one strain by itself?
I also like my PINK' red & white best of both a mega green if you will
T here were tons of posts on reddit about mixing. good luck
-
Seanjuan84
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 am
Re: Blending strains
I saw someone post something similar to that! I hope you find that chart! I'm searching for that LoL! All the ratios
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Blending strains
Yeah I saw that on reddit to.
It was like all Borneo based I believe.
It was like all Borneo based I believe.
-
Seanjuan84
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 am
Re: Blending strains
Does anyone remember the thread name or have a link? I’m searching for it and don’t want to give up LoLKurtisCards wrote:Yeah I saw that on reddit to.
It was like all Borneo based I believe.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Blending strains
Seanjuan84 wrote:Does anyone remember the topic or have a link? I’m searching for it and don’t want to give up LoLKurtisCards wrote:Yeah I saw that on reddit to.
It was like all Borneo based I believe.
Last time I saw it, it was on r/kratom korner
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Blending strains
I posted on r/kratomkorner asking for a copy if anyone still has one, we'll see what happens....
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Blending strains
mivanqua wrote:I posted on r/kratomkorner asking for a copy if anyone still has one, we'll see what happens....
Found it Mivanqua, check your post, I don't know how to link it.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Blending strains
Could this be the post you're looking for:
https://www.reddit.com/r/KratomKorner/c ... ked_which/
"Virtually all of this is complete bullshit. One vendor may do this, one vendor or source may do that, but it's the wild fucking west out there and there are no rules. That's why I only order kratom where I know it comes from, and without the bullshit names or mixing or drying or other BS."
"This is some bullshit chart made by one vendor. There is absolutely no validity to strains. Indo suppliers do not separate leaves by vein color. They just dry the same harvest lots to different lengths to achieve different powder color. Over 90% of the leaves are red vein and that is what most batches predominantly consist of. Different batches of kratom will provide a different experience, that is just natural variation in nature. No such thing as strains. It’s a ploy for suppliers to sell inferior quality as red and white. The best kratom is bright green. Look at pics of a whole red vein leaf. It’s mostly green. When ground up, it would make a green powder. The fact that kratom powder is sometimes red should raise questions if you are smart and use logic. This is just brown leaf people. Not saying different batches don’t have different results but there is no real control over how to get those effects at the moment. The age of leaf and drying practices influence effects, not the “strain” or vein color. Most kratom sold as red vein will produce the same effects as white and green vein. Kratom is generally sedative in large amounts and stimulating in small. High amounts of mitra will sedate you."
The other comments under this post are worth reading too.
Also:
"The [drying] process doesn’t make more 7-Hydroxymitragynine. The longer the sun = less effective. The lower the dose of 7-hmg, the more stimulating it is. The strain of Mitragynine is always the same. Red. So when people say it’s a different strain it’s not a different biological variation of the plant. All that’s different is the strength of the plant from the curing process. There are over 40 types of alkaloids identified in kratom so far. Not much is known yet about all of them. Most of the active ones we feel from dosing kratom effect the μ-opioid receptor. The weaker the dose, the more stimulation. We need to get away from white, green, yellow, etc. it really doesn’t mean anything"
TL;DR
It can be summed up by this:
"These "guides" are worthless ..if someone labeled a red vein as a green ..you would never know."
https://www.reddit.com/r/KratomKorner/c ... ked_which/
"Virtually all of this is complete bullshit. One vendor may do this, one vendor or source may do that, but it's the wild fucking west out there and there are no rules. That's why I only order kratom where I know it comes from, and without the bullshit names or mixing or drying or other BS."
"This is some bullshit chart made by one vendor. There is absolutely no validity to strains. Indo suppliers do not separate leaves by vein color. They just dry the same harvest lots to different lengths to achieve different powder color. Over 90% of the leaves are red vein and that is what most batches predominantly consist of. Different batches of kratom will provide a different experience, that is just natural variation in nature. No such thing as strains. It’s a ploy for suppliers to sell inferior quality as red and white. The best kratom is bright green. Look at pics of a whole red vein leaf. It’s mostly green. When ground up, it would make a green powder. The fact that kratom powder is sometimes red should raise questions if you are smart and use logic. This is just brown leaf people. Not saying different batches don’t have different results but there is no real control over how to get those effects at the moment. The age of leaf and drying practices influence effects, not the “strain” or vein color. Most kratom sold as red vein will produce the same effects as white and green vein. Kratom is generally sedative in large amounts and stimulating in small. High amounts of mitra will sedate you."
The other comments under this post are worth reading too.
Also:
"The [drying] process doesn’t make more 7-Hydroxymitragynine. The longer the sun = less effective. The lower the dose of 7-hmg, the more stimulating it is. The strain of Mitragynine is always the same. Red. So when people say it’s a different strain it’s not a different biological variation of the plant. All that’s different is the strength of the plant from the curing process. There are over 40 types of alkaloids identified in kratom so far. Not much is known yet about all of them. Most of the active ones we feel from dosing kratom effect the μ-opioid receptor. The weaker the dose, the more stimulation. We need to get away from white, green, yellow, etc. it really doesn’t mean anything"
TL;DR
It can be summed up by this:
"These "guides" are worthless ..if someone labeled a red vein as a green ..you would never know."
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Blending strains
u/Mitragyna411 stated in the the conversation that he bought out a popular kratom vendor, does anyone know who said vendor was? 
-
Seanjuan84
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 am
Re: Blending strains
Thank you all!
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Blending strains
Regardless of the chart, you can look at the daily burn thread and the most of the people here actually DO blend their own stuff, I know I have stuff I only use to blend but by itself is pretty much useless, happy blending!!Seanjuan84 wrote:Thank you all!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Blending strains
I believe majority of "strains" are actually already blends made by the supplier/distributor, with few exceptions. So you're mostly blending blends with blends. It's better to think of them of as "brands" and not individual strains. This is from info I've gleaned from reddit/mm posts by people that have visited/imported from Indonesia. Correct me if I'm wrong, those in the know.
-
demafrost
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm
Re: Blending strains
Bumping this to ask a question.
I have several baggies of old kratom strains that aren't enough for a scoop but the strains were good enough to hold onto instead of just throwing away the scraps.
If I just mixed like 10 of these strains in a bag together, would that be a waste or kratom or is there a chance that it could actually turn out pretty good?
I have several baggies of old kratom strains that aren't enough for a scoop but the strains were good enough to hold onto instead of just throwing away the scraps.
If I just mixed like 10 of these strains in a bag together, would that be a waste or kratom or is there a chance that it could actually turn out pretty good?
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Blending strains
I have a bag, likely about twenty grams by now (used to be ~40 grams) that is a mix of the dregs of all of my green strains. DG, KOG, HS, et. al. and it is SMOKING!
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Blending strains
You're right. Ask most the indonesians, they're usually upfront about it. Ask for their original strains and 99% will tell you a red and green original strain. If you end up ordering, the green will certainly be green (usually what they call super) and their original red will be a bent. They'll use a chart like the one below to make the mainstream strains. Again, this is not all, but most.beathappening wrote:I believe majority of "strains" are actually already blends made by the supplier/distributor, with few exceptions. So you're mostly blending blends with blends. It's better to think of them of as "brands" and not individual strains. This is from info I've gleaned from reddit/mm posts by people that have visited/imported from Indonesia. Correct me if I'm wrong, those in the know.

-
BlueRedOcean
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 pm
Re: Blending strains
I never knew that white strains have so much red in them.fusedflora wrote:You're right. Ask most the indonesians, they're usually upfront about it. Ask for their original strains and 99% will tell you a red and green original strain. If you end up ordering, the green will certainly be green (usually what they call super) and their original red will be a bent. They'll use a chart like the one below to make the mainstream strains. Again, this is not all, but most.beathappening wrote:I believe majority of "strains" are actually already blends made by the supplier/distributor, with few exceptions. So you're mostly blending blends with blends. It's better to think of them of as "brands" and not individual strains. This is from info I've gleaned from reddit/mm posts by people that have visited/imported from Indonesia. Correct me if I'm wrong, those in the know.
It does explain white white indo, Thai, borneo, bali can be pretty good at pain relief and warmth like a red!
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Blending strains
Exactly right.. 1 easy way to figure out all the BS - just say NO to "strains and veins". There are no strains, only colors. And there are no separated leaf veins... only drying techniques that make a color. White? what is white - Only a bleaching method of hot indoor drying that produces a lighter color powder.beathappening wrote:This is some bullshit chart made by one vendor. There is absolutely no validity to strains. Indo suppliers do not separate leaves by vein color. They just dry the same harvest lots to different lengths to achieve different powder color. Over 90% of the leaves are red vein ...
Blends? YES - but its more about blending a cheaper plantation source leaf, with a higher quality wild harvest ... They're not selling 100% pure Top canopy leaves from 80 foot trees. That's the strongest kratom - costs more time & labor to harvest = more costly leaf is always "blended" with cheaper leaf.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Blending strains
I totally agree with this---. The best kratom is bright green. --- No matter what color they call it, ,bright, lime bright green seems to be the most effective, the few exceptions are slight tanned bents,,among a few others,,and again that's my personal preference, ,everyone has different opinions on exactly what they look for,,one person's fire may be anothers meh. Either way, ,blending is full of never ending possibilities ,personalized to each person's preference, I use to love reds dark brown, ,after adapting to reds that were green in color, ,it was a nice game changer !