Human consumption??

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
khu23
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:19 pm

Human consumption??

Post by khu23 »

Hi all. I have a few questions that I am hoping that can be answered here. What are the requirements for a company to label their Kratom for consumption? I know they have to be in compliance with testing and all of that, but what are the actual steps to get there?
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Human consumption??

Post by e_poison »

I thought this was going to be a cannibalism thread for a minute, and was about to nope the hell out. :lol:

As far as your question, I don’t think kratom can be labeled as for human consumption at this time (at least not in the US). I do know there are some efforts being made in that direction with studies and testing, but we’re just not there yet. Regulation is a whole other monster - some are for it, some are against it. There are pros and cons in both camps.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
fusedflora
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Human consumption??

Post by fusedflora »

e_poison wrote:I thought this was going to be a cannibalism thread for a minute, and was about to nope the hell out. :lol:

As far as your question, I don’t think kratom can be labeled as for human consumption at this time (at least not in the US). I do know there are some efforts being made in that direction with studies and testing, but we’re just not there yet. Regulation is a whole other monster - some are for it, some are against it. There are pros and cons in both camps.
It can't as long until FDA labels it as such. GMP vendors usually can tho.
Last edited by fusedflora on Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lambeezy
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Human consumption??

Post by Lambeezy »

e_poison wrote:I thought this was going to be a cannibalism thread for a minute, and was about to nope the hell out. :lol:

As far as your question, I don’t think kratom can be labeled as for human consumption at this time (at least not in the US). I do know there are some efforts being made in that direction with studies and testing, but we’re just not there yet. Regulation is a whole other monster - some are for it, some are against it. There are pros and cons in both camps.
I got some white domination from herbaldom a couple months ago and it was labeled for human consumption at 2g a dose
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Human consumption??

Post by pray4peace4 »

No, I've never tried that. I'd think we'd be really chewy. Plus I'd miss my friends.
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3358
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: Human consumption??

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

White domination? Are these skinhead kratomists?
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Human consumption??

Post by mivanqua »

IndelibleDotInk wrote:White domination? Are these skinhead kratomists?
Uh...they're the Kratomista Blancas. I'd watch it, they don't like being called "kratomists" or "keatonists" and have killed for much less. FYI.
Post Reply