on u know what,, like it got clawed up by a cat,
Cats claw?
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Cats claw?
Any one having luck with the cats claw? Supposed to reset tolerance overnight? There are plenty of potentiators,,tumeric, pepper, curcumin, they all hurt my gallbladder, ,and tumeric can cause kidney stones,,,which are considered a form of kidney disease ,,and they advise you to be cautious with tumeric if you have kidney disease, Cats claw has lots of health benefits, ,besides resetting tolerance. (I know it's not a potentiator) I think some folks are getting great 1st burns, but the rest of doses throughout the day, ? I may buy the extract and try again, ,I ordered extract, ,I got capsules,,not liquid, but bark,, inside capsules,, I assume extract would be liquid,,,,,it was rough
on u know what,, like it got clawed up by a cat,
and I didn't notice a difference, ,,probably cause it's not strong enough, ,I wonder if extract would cause same discomfort?? It says take twice a day,,I don't see how you could incorporate that in daily routine? Also, curious if the extract comes in liquid form,,?
on u know what,, like it got clawed up by a cat,
Last edited by Oletimer on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Cats claw?
I have NOW Cat's Claw Extract and take it an hour after my last dose at bedtime. It seems to make my burns better for about half the day. I haven't started reducing my doses yet but plan on it. Anyway, I like how it's working enough to have ordered a couple extra bottles.
https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Supplements- ... B0013OXCJI
https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Supplements- ... B0013OXCJI
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Cats claw?
I think you bought them out,
,are they liquid inside or powder? I can't read the print on ingredients, ,
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Cats claw?
Powder.Oletimer wrote:I think you bought them out,![]()
,are they liquid inside or powder? I can't read the print on ingredients, ,
I got my first bottle on Amazon then they ran out shortly thereafter. Bought my second two from Vitacost. I'm glad to see they're back on Amazon because the price is much better.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Cats claw?
Thanks for the info HH ! I might give it another try,,could have been something I ate the night before that caused discomfort, ? I don't remember honestly, , but it's a possibility
The health benefits alone are worth giving it another try,,,, 
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Cats claw?
It might be helping my arthritis pain as well. Time will tell.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Cats claw?
I also use the cats claw extract by NOW supplements, I take mine after my last dose around 3 p.m. or so, my first dose in the morning seems to be more effective than it had been before. I also take it with circumin/Bioperine capsules as well as cats claw. I also take the comfort max (PEA) which seems to help with nerve pain.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Cats claw?
I dropped my dose by 1/4 this morning and it's working just as good as it's been at a higher dose.
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Cats claw?
Cat's Claw has given me the best "bang for the buck" so far when it comes to managing tolerance with supplements. My typical dose is usually about 4.5gs. With Cats Claw, 3.5g-4gs. Any more than that with Cats Claw the night before can result in wobbles depending on the strength of the leaf.
I cycle Cats Claw taking it every two days. I may move that to every other day and just drop the other stuff I've been trying (PEA, DLPA, Fish Oil, Ashwagandha, etc.).
I cycle Cats Claw taking it every two days. I may move that to every other day and just drop the other stuff I've been trying (PEA, DLPA, Fish Oil, Ashwagandha, etc.).
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Cats claw?
You guys, my burns have been good all day even at a reduced dose. I'm amazed at how well cats Claw is working for me.
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Cats claw?
That's amazing, ,how many hits,,oops,,doses do you take a day? ? Do you dose every 6 hrs?,some people take 8 gr doses, ,then stack,,maybe why they noticed it 1st dose only?

- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Cats claw?
A gram or a little more 5x/day. Around there.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Cats claw?
Oletimer wrote:That's amazing, ,how many hits,,oops,,doses do you take a day? ? Do you dose every 6 hrs?,some people take 8 gr doses, ,then stack,,maybe why they noticed it 1st dose only?![]()
I don't get why people stack doses, anytime I've done that I end up feeling my doses less and less, that's how people end up saying "I can only feel my doses for 1-2 hours?" ...well no shit?
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: Cats claw?
I have it! I just haven't been properly using it. Sometimes I would take it after a dose, but I only did this a couple of times--I KNEW I wasn't taking it correctly in the kratom sense.
On its own, it's a great supplement. Be careful if you have Lupus or an autoimmune disease...apparently the immune system boost from Cat's Claw is too much when you have an immune system so hypervigilant that it attacks its own organs. If anyone wants any information on this, just message me.
I will be using the Cat's Claw for kratom, since my disease isn't autoimmune. My partner has Lupus though, and she'll be sticking to kratom. She takes capsules with Tumeric, Magnesium, and Apple Cider Vinegar. I think the potentiator magnesium can constipate. Apple Cider Vinegar is great and if you can take a shot or two of the stuff without puking on the floor, it will enhance the kratom greatly. Capsules are fine, but I think chugging the Braggs is more useful.
Back to cat's claw--I will use it to try and reset my system, or however you guys put it. Will reread this thread and leave a note on the fridge. I did hear a while ago from an herbalist that CC is a perfect compliment to kratom.
On its own, it's a great supplement. Be careful if you have Lupus or an autoimmune disease...apparently the immune system boost from Cat's Claw is too much when you have an immune system so hypervigilant that it attacks its own organs. If anyone wants any information on this, just message me.
I will be using the Cat's Claw for kratom, since my disease isn't autoimmune. My partner has Lupus though, and she'll be sticking to kratom. She takes capsules with Tumeric, Magnesium, and Apple Cider Vinegar. I think the potentiator magnesium can constipate. Apple Cider Vinegar is great and if you can take a shot or two of the stuff without puking on the floor, it will enhance the kratom greatly. Capsules are fine, but I think chugging the Braggs is more useful.
Back to cat's claw--I will use it to try and reset my system, or however you guys put it. Will reread this thread and leave a note on the fridge. I did hear a while ago from an herbalist that CC is a perfect compliment to kratom.
The Red Queen
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: Cats claw?
ps: general consensus is that we are to take cat's claw before bed, wake up and have better burns?
I have 1,000 mg Cat's Claw from Source Naturals. It says take 1-2 daily to strengthen the immune system. I'm guessing those of you with extract have a stronger version, but I can take 2000 mg at...whatever time is best.
I have 1,000 mg Cat's Claw from Source Naturals. It says take 1-2 daily to strengthen the immune system. I'm guessing those of you with extract have a stronger version, but I can take 2000 mg at...whatever time is best.
The Red Queen
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Cats claw?
I was taking it every day for about a week and a half and now I'm going to cycle off for a few days. I didn't take it last night and I'm still getting excellent results this morning.
-
Cuttlefish
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:26 pm
Re: Cats claw?
I’ve heard that only that Asian cats claw has the desired opiate tolerance effect. I got a bottle of NOW extract off amazon which says it is from South America, and supposedly the wrong type. Not lots of info I’ve found about this. Can anyone shed some light? I may have noticed a bit of tolerance drop, but nothing amazing, but I’ve started taking 1 day off a week as well recently. The claw def gives me vivid dreams however. I’m 9-12 gpd
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Cats claw?
I've got the same one you have, the now extract from Amazon and it seems to be working for me.
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Cats claw?
I started using Cat's Claw, too. I also tried the PEA (ComfortMax) but have to either cut the pills or take the night dose a few hours earlier. It messed up my sleep. I was planning on cycling that one anyway, just stopped after 2 days instead of 3 because I started during the work week. I think the Cat's Claw may be helping my arthritis. I went out dancing last night after being down since the last time I went exactly 2 weeks ago. I had major back pain, probably muscular that kept me testing the Zero Gravity feature on my new Sleep Number bed!
I also grabbed some more Bioperine which I used to use to boost acual opiods. I need to do more research on cycling the Cat's Claw.
* javagurl62