Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available (now free shipping)

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available (now free shipping)

Post by labdog03 »

Hey guys, I REALLY would like to get some of these RIFAT clones spread around the Country. So offering them for $30.00 and I'll pay shipping. If you ever thought about having your very own Kratom Tree...NOW IS THE TIME. This my LAST batch of cuttings till next Spring! I don't mind having a bunch of trees around my house, but had hoped to get others to try their hand at growing, so we can see how it does in different areas. Remember, it is a BEAUTIFUL plant, and really adds to the landscape. Also makes a lovely house plant, for a couple years anyway, if you prune them a little.

NEW BATCH of CLONES, ready to go as of August 2018. $30.00. (FREE shipping). PM me if interested and we can work things out... or EMAIL: [email protected]

Feel free to move this post if it needs to be someplace else.
Last edited by labdog03 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
whiffypants
Banned
Posts: 1418
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by whiffypants »

Whoa, very cool. We don't have -any- sunny space/exposures or I'd be getting one from you myself! God knows we have the heat and humidity, at least most of the year.

For those who don't know, Rifat is one of two live strains of kratom tree that you can buy. Here's an old Reddit post about it, and Claude Rifat was the guy who introduced kratom to the West, if memory serves: that strain is named after him.

As for moving this post... I'm leaving it where it is because no one ever talks about growing the trees and it's a very cool discussion to start, IMO. But yeah, future offers should go in the Kratom Vendor Listings area. Thanks, Labdog, and well done on growing your own!
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by labdog03 »

labdog03 wrote:Have 3 nicely rooted cuttings left, ready to go. They are already "sun hardened" and ready to just pot and GROW! $30.00. I am starting a few more this weekend, so will have more in a couple weeks.

PM me if interested and we can figure out shipping.

Feel free to move this post if it needs to be someplace else.
Just wanted to add some pics of my "Mother" Rifat...She LOVES this time of year...HOT and HUMID :)

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by e_poison »

Nice looking tree! It would blend in nicely with any home type of home garden or yard.

How long did it take to grow that big? And can you harvest it yet?
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by labdog03 »

Hey Poison, it's only 2 1/2 years old...I have harvested each year just to check things out...It's getting there...I took some leaf a few weeks ago and it has pretty good pain relief, but not a lot of mood lift yet. I will try again in the Fall. I have heard so many different things...In my mind, I feel like it will take 3 to 5 years for the alkaloids to get stronger, but I have no proof of that...It's just my best guess based on general fruit tree production...That's all I have to go on...Usually takes a few years to make fruit, so why not alkaloids...but, like I said, it does have some alks, just not where I want them to be yet.

But it is a lovely tree anyway...makes a wonderful addition to the landscape. Everyone asks me what it is just because it's beautiful. Little do they know the REAL beauty she hides inside, haha.
User avatar
BlendsAreMyFriends
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:27 pm
Location: Downstate New York

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by BlendsAreMyFriends »

I wish I could. But it gets well below freezing here in the winter.
Johnsonsbotanicals
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by Johnsonsbotanicals »

Is this for one cutting or three for 30. How do you package to ship? Wife and I own a kratom company and a succulent business selling many delicate live plants. Just would like to see how you package to for shipping and would be interested for sure as we have wanted a kratom tree for a couple years n just now have somewhere we can leave it out most the year n have lights n such for it in winter.
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by labdog03 »

Johnsonsbotanicals wrote:Is this for one cutting or three for 30. How do you package to ship? Wife and I own a kratom company and a succulent business selling many delicate live plants. Just would like to see how you package to for shipping and would be interested for sure as we have wanted a kratom tree for a couple years n just now have somewhere we can leave it out most the year n have lights n such for it in winter.
I am asking $30 EACH...from what I have found it's cheaper than most selling them...Unfortunately, I have sold this batch...I have a new bunch in process that will be ready (I hope) in about 3 weeks...Kratom seems to take it's own sweet time to root, but 3 weeks seems to be when most were ready to ship.

I have been shipping in the cups I rooted them in...just wrapping them in wet paper towels and plastic wrap and tape (lots of tape, haha). I have had some in smaller "rooting cells" that I just wrap the root balls in wet towels, plastic wrap and a baggie. I prefer to ship in a box for protecting the stem and leaves, but I have seen others ship in flat mailers (like the cardboard or padded mailers common for shipping leaf powder). I will post again once I have more ready and you can hit me up if you are still interested. I may have some of the smaller ones for $25 each then. I'll know more in a couple weeks. Thanks for asking.

Andy
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by labdog03 »

UPDATE. I have started another 25 or so cuttings this past weekend. Should have a few more clones ready in @ 3 weeks. Ya'll keep me in mind. They grow so well this time of year. The hotter (and more humid) the better it seems. The Mother tree is growing literally INCES every week...You can almost "hear" it growing, haha. The top of my tree, where it was broken over the Winter, has grown a crazy FOUR FEET this grow season. It is now a respectable NINE Feet Three Inches tall!!...Not bad for a 2-2 1/2 year old tree!...NOW is a good time to get a "baby" established before Winter gets here.
l5s1bgon
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:04 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by l5s1bgon »

Hey labdog03 please put me down for one. Happy to send payment early to secure one if you like. Thanks for doing this!
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by labdog03 »

l5s1bgon wrote:Hey labdog03 please put me down for one. Happy to send payment early to secure one if you like. Thanks for doing this!

Got you on the list...no need to pre-pay, I got ya covered...just be patient, as it seems Kratom cuttings take their own sweet time to root!?...likely be, give or take, @ 3 weeks. Thanks for the interest though!
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by labdog03 »

l5s1bgon wrote:Hey labdog03 please put me down for one. Happy to send payment early to secure one if you like. Thanks for doing this!

New clones ready to ship starting this weekend...I pm'd you.
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available

Post by labdog03 »

UPDATE: New batch of cuttings ready starting this weekend...PM me or leave note here and I'm get back to you. Price drop to $25 plus shipping.


labdog03 wrote:Have 3 nicely rooted cuttings left, ready to go. They are already "sun hardened" and ready to just pot and GROW! $30.00. I am starting a few more this weekend, so will have more in a couple weeks.

PM me if interested and we can figure out shipping.

Feel free to move this post if it needs to be someplace else.
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available (now free shipping)

Post by labdog03 »

Last chance to get your VERY OWN KRATOM TREE, and at a very fair price, includes shipping. ($30.00)! When these are gone, will be next Spring till I have more. Who knows what the status or our leaf may be by then? Every Kratom enthusiast should have their own tree. And they make GORGEOUS landscape or house plants! email me @: [email protected]
whiffypants
Banned
Posts: 1418
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available (now free shipping)

Post by whiffypants »

Hey Labdog, you said the two magic words: "house plant".

So tell me about the "house plant" aspect of these lovelies. If I have a window that gets some direct morning sun but much more indirect light, or a window that gets some direct afternoon sun but far more indirect light, is that enough for these little beauties? Or will they wither and die on me...?

Also, how would you care for them in general (watering, feeding/fertilizing, trimming, etc)?

I know you probably don't have any left, but if you think one would survive my conditions I'll ABSOLUTELY grab one from ya in the spring. In fact that might be better, so it would be going into summer when it got here (more light) and not winter.

Looking forward to hearing more about this, definitely. Thanks! :D
User avatar
labdog03
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:46 pm

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available (now free shipping)

Post by labdog03 »

whiffypants wrote:Hey Labdog, you said the two magic words: "house plant".

So tell me about the "house plant" aspect of these lovelies. If I have a window that gets some direct morning sun but much more indirect light, or a window that gets some direct afternoon sun but far more indirect light, is that enough for these little beauties? Or will they wither and die on me...?

Also, how would you care for them in general (watering, feeding/fertilizing, trimming, etc)?

I know you probably don't have any left, but if you think one would survive my conditions I'll ABSOLUTELY grab one from ya in the spring. In fact that might be better, so it would be going into summer when it got here (more light) and not winter.

Looking forward to hearing more about this, definitely. Thanks! :D
Sure you can have it for a House Plant...A nice sunny window or even just a lot of indirect sun is fine. I think they are used to shade since in the Jungle they have the heavy canopy to deal with, so they don't need a ton of direct sun. Of course they do grow faster with more light, but maybe not a bad thing if it's inside, so it doesn't get too big too fast. Just needs enough light to keep it from getting too "long and lanky"...You can even supplement with an LED grow light...they are cheap now days and you can get single bulbs you can hang right over them without being too obtrusive. I did that with mine when I first got it (got it in October), so it was inside a lot in it's first months of life...then you would just have to see how it grows, and prune it accordingly so it doesn't get too tall or wide. Bonsai trees used to be full size at one time, haha. You feed and water pretty much like any other house plant...It looks really nice inside too...
whiffypants
Banned
Posts: 1418
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available (now free shipping)

Post by whiffypants »

Awesome! I could -definitely- do that. I'll be emailing you. Thanks!!! :D
Kali
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:35 am

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available (now free shipping)

Post by Kali »

PM me
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available (now free shipping)

Post by brave777 »

Labdog, so any of your have any red vein on leaf, looking at pics seems none have red veins. My small baby rifat has 80% Red veins popping out. I put it in a 5 gal bucket. Thhat way i can bring it inside during winter. I need help too, what to add to make leafs more green?
Kratom user since 2014!
javagurl62
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Rifat Rooted Cuttings Available (now free shipping)

Post by javagurl62 »

I can attest to the fact that he packs them up really good. I was going to post a picture of my ‘baby’ but I don’t have any software that will allow me to shrink the file size. I’ll try to remember to take one when I get home. I have the perfect set up. I have a garden with a fountain in the middle inside my front door. The plants sit on lava rocks so they can drain. I just moved mine out of the packing into one of those starter pots that plants from Lowe’s and Home Depot come in. They usually have lots of good sized drainage holes on the bottom. That’s not something I’d want on my window sill but it’s fine sitting on those lava rocks. It’s hotter than hell here in Texas right now but save for early morning and night, pretty dry. I suspect I’ll be keeping it inside until next summer. I’ll monitor its size to determine when I can move it outside. We do get freezes here but they are pretty rare. My citrus trees survived on good one last year.
* javagurl62
Post Reply