K-OG and Reds
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
K-OG and Reds
Hi ya'll
I know that many of you love K-OG's leaf, and I've been looking to expand my collections of Red 'strain'. I have a lot of pain from arthritis and have come to depend on a few favorite vendors whose reds work (for me) pretty quickly.
After reading the recommendations, I spent quite a bit at K-OG . To be fair, buying a 100g bag is not very economical, even though they don't sell by the ounce. I probably shouldn't have purchased 4 different kinds. I got Red Dragon, Bentuangie, Red JongKong, and Red Borneo. I have tried three of them. They didn't work as quickly so I'm wondering if they are just bad.
Am I just being impatient? I hear the words "fast" and "slow." I guess I'm looking for feedback from folks who have used K-OG's reds for pain and their experiences with it. I don't want to let kratom just sit in a box, unused, because I am too inexperienced.
Thanks
I know that many of you love K-OG's leaf, and I've been looking to expand my collections of Red 'strain'. I have a lot of pain from arthritis and have come to depend on a few favorite vendors whose reds work (for me) pretty quickly.
After reading the recommendations, I spent quite a bit at K-OG . To be fair, buying a 100g bag is not very economical, even though they don't sell by the ounce. I probably shouldn't have purchased 4 different kinds. I got Red Dragon, Bentuangie, Red JongKong, and Red Borneo. I have tried three of them. They didn't work as quickly so I'm wondering if they are just bad.
Am I just being impatient? I hear the words "fast" and "slow." I guess I'm looking for feedback from folks who have used K-OG's reds for pain and their experiences with it. I don't want to let kratom just sit in a box, unused, because I am too inexperienced.
Thanks
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
Sorry. I should add "they didn't work quickly, so I followed with a more dependable vendor." I guess I'm wondering if I just got a couple of bad batches, and if anyone else felt like reds from K-OG were a bad decision.
-
FireK
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 833
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am
Re: K-OG and Reds
Not bad decision but they are known more for their greens and whites from my experience, I do enjoy the red aceh, red indo, red Thailand, and a few others but look into the greens and see if your experience improves
- KBull
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
I’m a green and white guy and they have amazing strains for those. That’s more what they are known for. I’m sure they have awesome reds. I’ve never tried them from KOG. Email them and they will give you honest recommendations for what’s their best red. Aside from that I think Sosa has awesome reds
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: K-OG and Reds
I'll second SOSA for reds.
-
Kaidensmom
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
The reds that you got are actually the same ones that don't work well for me from k-og. The ones that work best (for me) are red aceh, red tenaga, red bota, red vietnam, and... I know there's one more, but I cant think of what it is at the moment.
It's also worth noting that his white vietnam and gold melawi both have red in them and work really well for pain. Also, super elephant is a green that feels like a red, and so is green melawi.
It's also worth noting that his white vietnam and gold melawi both have red in them and work really well for pain. Also, super elephant is a green that feels like a red, and so is green melawi.
-
Kaidensmom
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
Red Thailand! That's the one I was missing! Red malaysian is good, as well.
-
K-Dawg
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
- Location: TX
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
FireK wrote:Not bad decision but they are known more for their greens and whites from my experience, I do enjoy the red aceh, red indo, red Thailand, and a few others but look into the greens and see if your experience improves
I'm so grateful for the replies. Thank you!
I have tried a few greens. Unfortunately, I don't seem to do well with them. They make me very nervous; I deal with some pretty deep anxiety too. I always find reviews for greens so puzzling because people often describe them as "relaxing."
One of my favorite vendors sells a popular Red Maeng Da. An hour after I took it, lol: "energized" barely describes it. I know that Kats mixes a white into their Red Maeng Da. I think my vendor does too.
K-OG did send a free sample: a green. I think that I will try blending a bit of that or the Red MD with the K-OG Reds. I read a lot here about blending and mixing, but haven't really reached the place where I'm experimenting yet.
Maybe it's time to begin
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
Kaidensmom wrote:The reds that you got are actually the same ones that don't work well for me from k-og. The ones that work best (for me) are red aceh, red tenaga, red bota, red vietnam, and... I know there's one more, but I cant think of what it is at the moment.
It's also worth noting that his white vietnam and gold melawi both have red in them and work really well for pain. Also, super elephant is a green that feels like a red, and so is green melawi.
This is really helpful information, thank you. K-OG is so highly rated I would hate to give up on them just because my first choices were careless. I would give them another try choosing one or two of your recommendations.
Have a happy, pain-free Holiday
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
I REALLY like SOSA too. In fact, I just ordered their 9 strain Sample Pack because I would like to buy a kilo split after I settle on a favorite.herbalhippie wrote:I'll second SOSA for reds.
I ordered all Reds (obviously): Red Bali (second time), Red Horn, Baik Bali, Red Vein Borneo, Red Sumatra, Red Indo, Super Red Thai, Red Vietnam, Red Hulu. Already have their Red Malay. It's a great sample deal; so if anyone is curious about any of these, I'd be happy to share my experience.
I can always count on you, herbalhippie. I have been reading you here long before I joined MM
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
Thank you, K-Dawg. I gave the Red Borneo another try tonight since evenings aren't so rushed. I added a few other reds from other vendors to the RB and gave it a bit longer this time. The results aren't outstanding but maybe OK for sleeping. Potent or not, there's no denying that K-OG's leaf is exceptionally fresh and smooth.K-Dawg wrote:His Red Aceh and Dark Elephant are in the top of my rotations
I have always wanted to try an Elephant! I'm wiling to give this vendor another shot. I felt weird about creating this Post, but the recommendations I'm getting are from experienced kratom lovers, and now I'm glad I did it. And really grateful too. Thank You
-
Luk3
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:46 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
I noticed when trying kog leaf for the first time it took me at least 3 uses to get a feel for it. I almost gave up, but I am glad I didn’t! They have awesome varieties and are a regular part of my rotation now.
Red bota, red Indo, and premium red elephant are all good, as is green melawi.
Keep trying, they may surprise you..
Red bota, red Indo, and premium red elephant are all good, as is green melawi.
Keep trying, they may surprise you..
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
Thank you Luk3,
From what I'm learning here, I think I can "tweak" the recipe, lol. I'll get some use out of this leaf somehow
From what I'm learning here, I think I can "tweak" the recipe, lol. I'll get some use out of this leaf somehow
-
BurntEnds
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 241
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 am
Re: K-OG and Reds
I actually really like the Red Dragon from KOG but when I first got it I thought it was a dud. I kept trying and have found it needs to be blended with a green for it to shine. It slows down whatever I add it to and provides a tremendous amount of pain relief. On it's own however I get very little from it.
You might try blending some of the green sample you got with one of your reds. I usually use 1 part red to 2-3 parts green however you might flip that around if greens cause anxiety for you.
You might try blending some of the green sample you got with one of your reds. I usually use 1 part red to 2-3 parts green however you might flip that around if greens cause anxiety for you.
-
jabro70
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am
Re: K-OG and Reds
I am the same way with KOG leaf. A random burn with KOG’s leaf will often fall a little short of my expectations, but if I take the same batch a couple days in a row, it will start blowing me away. I usually just go on a “KOG rotation” when I want to enjoy some of those strains.Luk3 wrote:I noticed when trying kog leaf for the first time it took me at least 3 uses to get a feel for it. I almost gave up, but I am glad I didn’t! They have awesome varieties and are a regular part of my rotation now.
Red bota, red Indo, and premium red elephant are all good, as is green melawi.
Keep trying, they may surprise you..
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
I am the same way with KOG leaf. A random burn with KOG’s leaf will often fall a little short of my expectations, but if I take the same batch a couple days in a row, it will start blowing me away. I usually just go on a “KOG rotation” when I want to enjoy some of those strains.[/quotejabro70 wrote:Luk3 wrote:I noticed when trying kog leaf for the first time it took me at least 3 uses to get a feel for it. I almost gave up, but I am glad I didn’t! They have awesome varieties and are a regular part of my rotation now.
Red bota, red Indo, and premium red elephant are all good, as is green melawi.
Keep trying, they may surprise you..
Thank you jabro70!
Kratom is a krazy animal for sure. I think you might be on to something here. My results seem to be getting better with time
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: K-OG and Reds
Thanks BurntEnds.BurntEnds wrote:I actually really like the Red Dragon from KOG but when I first got it I thought it was a dud. I kept trying and have found it needs to be blended with a green for it to shine. It slows down whatever I add it to and provides a tremendous amount of pain relief. On it's own however I get very little from it.
You might try blending some of the green sample you got with one of your reds. I usually use 1 part red to 2-3 parts green however you might flip that around if greens cause anxiety for you.
I'm will to tossing in a little Green for the sake of experiment.
Maybe I'll find out that I LOVE THEM after all