pronounce kratom?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3358
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

pronounce kratom?

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

Kray-tom or Krat-tom or Krah-tom?

I've been using kray-tom.
Last edited by IndelibleDotInk on Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: pronounce kratom?

Post by mivanqua »

Like "cat" "tom"
Say it however you feel comfortable, don't Indos call it ketum?
Gopherdude
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:01 pm

Re: pronounce kratom?

Post by Gopherdude »

I have heard people in indo pronounce it
Kra-tom
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: pronounce kratom?

Post by CatfatherB »

I say kray-tum, but I speak with a southern accent and call tomatoes, tum-ay-toes? :lol:
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: pronounce kratom?

Post by mivanqua »

CatfatherB wrote:I say kray-tum, but I speak with a southern accent and call tomatoes, tum-ay-toes? :lol:
Or tuh-may-tuhs? Haha!
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: pronounce kratom?

Post by CatfatherB »

mivanqua wrote:
CatfatherB wrote:I say kray-tum, but I speak with a southern accent and call tomatoes, tum-ay-toes? :lol:
Or tuh-may-tuhs? Haha!
Sad but true!!! :lol:
RumRunner
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am

Re: pronounce kratom?

Post by RumRunner »

Why is ketchup sometimes spelled “catsup”, but never pronounced that way?
Post Reply