Sublingual administration?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
The Relaxed Guy
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Sublingual administration?

Post by The Relaxed Guy »

(Typing this as I have about 1g of powder under my tongue, lol. About 5 minutes in, can’t say I feel anything notable yet)

So is this secretly the best way to take kratom or something? It is possible we’ve all just been missing out all this time?

What if you could use a fraction of your normal dose, by just sticking it under your tongue and waiting it out. From what I can gather, this is the primary route of administration for the locals where kratom grows.

Whenever I decide “F it, let’s try and see how it goes”, the nasty powdery texture gets the better of me, I lose my patience, and just rinse it down. It’s not even really the taste - I’m used to that from all the years of T&W - it’s the chalky texture. And the saliva mixing with the kratom filling your mouth with a soupy kratom nastiness.

This really fascinates me, the idea that I can make my supply last 5x longer by simply administering it differently. So have any of you actually stuck powder under your tongue, and managed to wait it out until you felt effects? Any of you have any knowledge to share?
MicroCrypto
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:13 pm

Re: Sublingual administration?

Post by MicroCrypto »

You've got balls of steel.

Just the thought of the taste is kratom is enough to make me dry heave.

Kratom has to be the most bitter tasting dumpster fire of a substance that has ever touched my tongue.

I love the substance, but the taste is something out of a nightmare.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Sublingual administration?

Post by brave777 »

Something i would not want to try!
Kratom user since 2014!
BlueRedOcean
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Re: Sublingual administration?

Post by BlueRedOcean »

I was able to do this with a little amount under my tounge. The effects come on faster and their is a pronounced body feel. I don't know how long it would last because I was only able to tolerate a little under my tongue before it got too much.

Anyone thought of doing this with leaves or stem and vein?
Seacookie
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:38 pm
Location: Pensacola, Florida

Re: Sublingual administration?

Post by Seacookie »

MicroCrypto wrote:You've got balls of steel.

Just the thought of the taste is kratom is enough to make me dry heave.

Kratom has to be the most bitter tasting dumpster fire of a substance that has ever touched my tongue.

I love the substance, but the taste is something out of a nightmare.
Wow, I guess my taste buds have been desensitized from all the chemical exploration I've done in my lifetime, but I really don't think kratom taste that bad.....at all. Just taste like green tea to me. Wanna taste something bitter as hell and straight outta a nightmare on elm street movie then you should try Haritaki! Mmmm mmmmm
Seacookie
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:38 pm
Location: Pensacola, Florida

Re: Sublingual administration?

Post by Seacookie »

I've taken many different substances sublingually and it always has more of a profound effect, but have yet to try kratom. I'll try with my morning dose tomorrow and report back-erowid style.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Sublingual administration?

Post by brave777 »

Seacookie wrote:
MicroCrypto wrote:You've got balls of steel.

Just the thought of the taste is kratom is enough to make me dry heave.

Kratom has to be the most bitter tasting dumpster fire of a substance that has ever touched my tongue.

I love the substance, but the taste is something out of a nightmare.
Wow, I guess my taste buds have been desensitized from all the chemical exploration I've done in my lifetime, but I really don't think kratom taste that bad.....at all. Just taste like green tea to me. Wanna taste something bitter as hell and straight outta a nightmare on elm street movie then you should try Haritaki! Mmmm mmmmm

Yeah i would def second this, Haritaki is a bit more bitter.
Kratom user since 2014!
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Sublingual administration?

Post by beathappening »

1g under the tongue would probably be placebo effect if anything
fusedflora
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
Contact:

Re: Sublingual administration?

Post by fusedflora »

The best burns I've had were .5g every 30 min as many times during the day as i needed. The deal was, this was not washed down.

The first few doses really suck, as my typical dose is 2.5-3 or so, so the first 3-4 hrs is was struggling, then it was a sustained burn all day, roughly on .5g every 2 hrs.

If you can handle it, it's excellent to try. I keep it under my tongue a lot, as I often prepare the dose, dose, and then realize i forgot to get a cup of water and my frog filter takes.... for.... ev... ver....
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Sublingual administration?

Post by K-Dawg »

If y'all are looking for sublingual ROA you should look at Oties sublingual mit spray. :geek:
I haven't tried it but its on my list.

https://otiesbotanicals.com/product/ora ... -mist-1oz/
-K-Dawg
Post Reply