Red Bali from first coast

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Lisac1818
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Red Bali from first coast

Post by Lisac1818 »

Has anyone bought from first coast tea? Socals red Bali used to work great for me and the only other vendor that came close was Carolina. (I’ve tried smileytime, Sosa, mmspeciosa, herbal rva) I feel like I’m wasting money bc they either don’t work, or I get the wobbles if I dose more then once a day. I’m hoping first coast is getting their kratom from the same source as SoCal. Does anyone know? Has anyone tried anything from first coast yet? TIA!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by BallzDeep9 »

I’m hoping first coast is getting their kratom from the same source as SoCal. Does anyone know?
Welcome to MM Lisa, well, First Coast Tea Co. is #400 on my List of vendors. Link below. This IS the new company & website for Socal Herbal Remedies - same owners, they moved from the Riverside California area.. to Jacksonville, Florida. Yep across the USA. I guess they were originally from FL.

It's been a lot of work getting moved, but the website looks good, low prices.. I would imagine they import from the same sources. Of course, vendors are middle men for Indo suppliers... First Coast has a bit different stock compared to the old SoCal, from 1-2 years ago, but I would expect it's similar Red Hulu and Green Zareena etc.. SoCal did have at least 2 different suppliers for Red Bali. Those 2 sources were not always consistent in quality. :roll:

OK... Somebody needs to buy their FCT product, and do reviews I guess ?? :D. tbh I'm more interested in what SoSa has in stock these days. FCT seems to be going in the Retail direction... that's the biggest change. A huge variety of other herbs. Retail bottles of caps. Head-shop marketing... and kratom sold as a retail dietary supplement. For Human Consumption, and labeled accordingly. That's quite different from the majority of online vendors.

Kratom is still, NOT approved by the FDA as a legal dietary supplement :o. Right? So the owner of First Coast Tea, has studied the issue and made a business decision to go this route. Remember, this vendor has in the past, been a major donor and contributor to AKA.

https://www.firstcoastteaco.com/?s=spec ... pe=product
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
RumRunner
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by RumRunner »

Geez Ballz. 400 vendors? I thought you had 330 just a few months ago. How many can the market support?
Lisac1818
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by Lisac1818 »

Thanks for your response! I see that they are going more retail. They are even accepting credit cards now. Well I ended up taking a chance and got the red Bali, super red Indo and green meang da for my husband. Will post a review once We’ve tried them all!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by BallzDeep9 »

RumRunner wrote:I thought you had 330 just a few months ago. How many can the market support?
Well, the USA market supports hundreds of vendors. Also Including, guys who sell stash from a Gmail address, and go around claiming they are a "vendor" on discord lol :lol:

I don't EVEN count those guys!! :). But I have 400 sources in a database, most with a website.. Got a few who operate a Facebook or Instagram business page, very few.. pretty sure there's dozens of those guys who I have not documented. Also not counting Retail shops. I do count online sources, for example Quantum is a supplier of retail package kratom.

So, that 400 does include many known OOB (Out Of Business) and defunct companies.. I do try and re-use those when it's obvious the original listing is long, long, gone... But yeah. First Coast Tea is #400. But I would estimate maybe 100 of those are older, inactive, or 1-shots (guy who bought 1 load from Indo, then quit?) and others no longer viable? I mean, example: Speciosa Specialists owns the domain: speciosa.com - Are they still a vendor? The website is still up. I don't think they've been "active" for a couple of years? I also track XREF for vendors. For example, Kraken and Phytoextractum, same owners, it's 2 vendors but they XREF same owner.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
BlueRedOcean
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by BlueRedOcean »

Lisac1818 wrote:Thanks for your response! I see that they are going more retail. They are even accepting credit cards now. Well I ended up taking a chance and got the red Bali, super red Indo and green meang da for my husband. Will post a review once We’ve tried them all!
Hi,
Did you get your strains?
How were they?
Lisac1818
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by Lisac1818 »

Sorry for the delay! I did receive my order of red Bali and super red indo from first coast tea. They said it’s the same kratom from the same sources, but I didn’t have great results to be honest. Tried it a few times and then switched to Carolina and had better luck with Carolina. I haven’t had SoCal/FCT in a few months, not sure if I need to give it a few more tries. Let me know if you have any luck if you decide to try!
fishfood45
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:59 pm

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by fishfood45 »

Hi all,

Don't mean to horn in on your discussion, but I couldn't resist. I am new to this board and while search for a new vendor in Southren California, I came across this thread regarding SoCal. If they are indeed using the same source, YOU SHOULD STEER CLEAR of them. I started using them back in 2017 and the product was decent. And given their proximity to me I could get orders next day through USPS priority, so I used them consistently for almost a year, then things went sideways.

First issue was their product. It was unequivocally tainted or mixed with some other substance - even a half gram would cause extreme nausea, cold sweats and bring me to my knees for several hours. And foolish me, I initially attributed to external factors, but after the third attempt I knew for sure. You could actually smell a strong sour note and the taste was way off from any kratom I had ever ingested and I've tried many vendor over the years.

I immediately reached out to SoCal and mailed back the unused portion. They acknowledged something wasn't right and sent me another bag of subpar shit. From that point on, things began getting very fishy, e.g., stock dried up on thier website, couldn't get a response to emails, changed up packaging, raised prices and only thing avaialble was capsules and a bunch of crappy kratom. Lost my trust from that point on and never messed with them again.

Just my $0.02.
James_Westfall
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by James_Westfall »

BallzDeep9 wrote:
I’m hoping first coast is getting their kratom from the same source as SoCal. Does anyone know?
Welcome to MM Lisa, well, First Coast Tea Co. is #400 on my List of vendors. Link below. This IS the new company & website for Socal Herbal Remedies - same owners, they moved from the Riverside California area.. to Jacksonville, Florida. Yep across the USA. I guess they were originally from FL.

It's been a lot of work getting moved, but the website looks good, low prices.. I would imagine they import from the same sources. Of course, vendors are middle men for Indo suppliers... First Coast has a bit different stock compared to the old SoCal, from 1-2 years ago, but I would expect it's similar Red Hulu and Green Zareena etc.. SoCal did have at least 2 different suppliers for Red Bali. Those 2 sources were not always consistent in quality. :roll:

OK... Somebody needs to buy their FCT product, and do reviews I guess ?? :D. tbh I'm more interested in what SoSa has in stock these days. FCT seems to be going in the Retail direction... that's the biggest change. A huge variety of other herbs. Retail bottles of caps. Head-shop marketing... and kratom sold as a retail dietary supplement. For Human Consumption, and labeled accordingly. That's quite different from the majority of online vendors.

Kratom is still, NOT approved by the FDA as a legal dietary supplement :o. Right? So the owner of First Coast Tea, has studied the issue and made a business decision to go this route. Remember, this vendor has in the past, been a major donor and contributor to AKA.

https://www.firstcoastteaco.com/?s=spec ... pe=product
To clarify, by #400 you don't mean it's ranked 400 from best to worst, right? Also, the only lists I see on saidit are the top 40 lists, is there a full list showing all 400 somewhere?

Lastly, I am a little confused about FTC's product. You say they have gone retail, but has their product changed since they were Socal throughout this retail change? (ie. potency, additives, etc.)
Grimble_Gromble
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by Grimble_Gromble »

Hey everyone,

I created an account just so I could chime in on First Coast. I've been ordering from them for a while and have tried many different strains. Overall my experiences have been positive. I admit I haven't tried lots of different vendors but I usually get a good burn from whatever variety I choose. I usually mix up different strains and colors so it's hard for me to review specific strains without saying they all seem to work fine. A big selling point are their prices and promos- sample9 for 9 one ounce bags or split75 for a $75 kilo of 4 different 250g bags. Plus they accept my preferred shipping method and shipping is quick. Like I said I just created the account and quickly wrote this out so if anyone has specific questions feel free to ask but I've tried most of their offerings and none stand out as disappointing the heck outta me. Course like I said tho I mix em up so maybe that mitigates the weak performers.

Cheers!

MOD NOTE: Please do not mention specific payment methods publicly.... This is one of our main rules, and is to protect all of the amazing vendors that we have come to love and appreciate so much!!! POST WAS EDITED
.
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by WhiteAngelica »

SoCal has been fine and safe and one of my go-to vendors for years. Their stuff isn't tainted. I went to a restaurant once and got really sick after. I called them, said it was food poisoning. Well, guess what. My roommates at the time one by one came down with the stomach flu. It's easy to draw a causal relationship between sickness and what we consume, but sometimes, shit happens.

I don't like talking smack about vendors that offered/offer consistently safe, good to excellent product, at an affordable price. I am disabled and money is tight, and SoCal saved my life for years. I'm a little protective, what can I say.
The Red Queen
MetalMamaRocks
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 740
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by MetalMamaRocks »

WhiteAngelica wrote:SoCal has been fine and safe and one of my go-to vendors for years. Their stuff isn't tainted. I went to a restaurant once and got really sick after. I called them, said it was food poisoning. Well, guess what. My roommates at the time one by one came down with the stomach flu. It's easy to draw a causal relationship between sickness and what we consume, but sometimes, shit happens.

I don't like talking smack about vendors that offered/offer consistently safe, good to excellent product, at an affordable price. I am disabled and money is tight, and SoCal saved my life for years. I'm a little protective, what can I say.
I agree with you, I've been ordering from Socal for years and they have always been an upstanding company as far as I'm concerned.

Not everything I've ordered has been fire, but I have gotten some strains that have knocked my socks off, and some have been bunk, just like all other vendors.

That being said, I've only ordered once from them since they changed their name and location, and it didn't do much for me. I do plan on giving them another try soon.
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by pray4peace4 »

I was one of the lucky ones who happened to get in on the fire Red Bali from SoCal about a year or so ago. But it's almost gone. I tried FCT's Red Bali recently & sadly it's not the same. It was my son's favorite... too bad.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Red Bali from first coast

Post by brave777 »

I tried some recently one that someone claimed was fire or almost fire, but it was 6/10. and i wouldn't call it fire. but those who on a budget, its a good deal. But i rather save up some for new holiday event from TFH. Just remember kratom works great, its just not fire. Perhaps socal does have some fire but no one found one yet, who knows. If on budget, and want to stock up for dark days, its well worth it. even if its 4/10 rating, least you know it was 75 a kilo and cheaper then most vendors.
Kratom user since 2014!
Post Reply