Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Cgroom14
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:14 am

Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Post by Cgroom14 »

Hey y’all! So I wanted to see if anyone else has had the privilege to chew fresh picked Kratom leaves and what their experience was? For me, I have chewed either 3-4 small leaves at a time or a single large leaf (as seen in attachment) and so far it has been a clean invigorating energy each time. I have only chewed fresh leaf a few times from my Trees as I like to keep the leaves on the tree as long as I can (usually 120-180 days) to build alkaloids. I don’t take Kratom for pain but feel like fresh leaf provided a nice body feeling which I tend to associate with pain re-leaf.

I LOVE powdered milled Kratom, but getting the chance to chew fresh leaf is a nice option to have occasionally!

Any body else have an experience to share with chewing fresh Kratom leaves?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Post by K-Dawg »

Haven't had the privilege of chewing fresh leaves but I will be able to in about 120 days! In the 3rd pic, how did the fermented turn out vs rack drying? Was it noticeably different burns??
-K-Dawg
RumRunner
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am

Re: Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Post by RumRunner »

K-Dawg wrote:Haven't had the privilege of chewing fresh leaves but I will be able to in about 120 days!
Indonesian spring vacation?
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Post by acejestyr15 »

RumRunner wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:Haven't had the privilege of chewing fresh leaves but I will be able to in about 120 days!
Indonesian spring vacation?
My guess was now has a little plant that should sprout new leaves?
Last edited by acejestyr15 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Post by Greyfeather »

Very Pretty :)
K-Dawg
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
Location: TX

Re: Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Post by K-Dawg »

RumRunner wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:Haven't had the privilege of chewing fresh leaves but I will be able to in about 120 days!
Indonesian spring vacation?
RumRunner I sent you pics in our trade email :geek: . Check em out!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-K-Dawg
Cgroom14
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:14 am

Re: Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Post by Cgroom14 »

K-Dawg wrote:Haven't had the privilege of chewing fresh leaves but I will be able to in about 120 days! In the 3rd pic, how did the fermented turn out vs rack drying? Was it noticeably different burns??
So those leaves weren’t actually fermented but completely rack dried and sealed in those bags after 3 days of drying with fan air circulation! The leaves out of bags were still drying, soon to be stored in the zip lock bags as well! The dried has made amazing tea but I still have the majority of those leaves to be grinded down and milled! Will do that soon and let y’all know how tosh and wash goes with the home grown Kratom! I have yet to mill my homegrown kratom and toss n wash.

Excited to watch your trees grow K-Dawg!
Last edited by Cgroom14 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cgroom14
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:14 am

Re: Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Post by Cgroom14 »

Greyfeather wrote:Very Pretty :)
Thanks! Will most definitely share with y’all what I learn about growing Kratom here in the USA and how these different phenotypes differ with various curing methods!
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Post by brave777 »

Cgroom14 wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:Haven't had the privilege of chewing fresh leaves but I will be able to in about 120 days! In the 3rd pic, how did the fermented turn out vs rack drying? Was it noticeably different burns??
So those leaves weren’t actually fermented but completely rack dried and sealed in those bags after 3 days of drying with fan air circulation! The leaves out of bags were still drying, soon to be stored in the zip lock bags as well! The dried has made amazing tea but I still have the majority of those leaves to be grinder down and milled! Will do that soon and let y’all know how tosh and wash goes with the home grown Kratom!

Excited to watch your trees grow K-Dawg!
Do you use coffee grinder for leaf? Also i noticed your leafs are wide but long like most kratom leafs. Interesting phenotype.
Kratom user since 2014!
Cgroom14
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:14 am

Re: Fresh Picked Leaf vs Cured Leaf

Post by Cgroom14 »

brave777 wrote:
Cgroom14 wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:Haven't had the privilege of chewing fresh leaves but I will be able to in about 120 days! In the 3rd pic, how did the fermented turn out vs rack drying? Was it noticeably different burns??
So those leaves weren’t actually fermented but completely rack dried and sealed in those bags after 3 days of drying with fan air circulation! The leaves out of bags were still drying, soon to be stored in the zip lock bags as well! The dried has made amazing tea but I still have the majority of those leaves to be grinder down and milled! Will do that soon and let y’all know how tosh and wash goes with the home grown Kratom!

Excited to watch your trees grow K-Dawg!
Do you use coffee grinder for leaf? Also i noticed your leafs are wide but long like most kratom leafs. Interesting phenotype.

Yes those fatter leaves in photo with red scissors came from my Indonesian phenotype, definitely slightly different leaf structure than my Thai and Malaysian (however, each phenotype can put out different leaf shapes and sizes). I plan to use a coffee grinder to do this, that is correct. So far I have only crushed the leaves and ran them over a metal mesh screen. But am going to take it a step further and powder it soon. But yes those leaves were some chunkers!
Post Reply