[SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

[SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by e_poison »

Hope everyone had a great holiday season!

Some exciting changes and overhauls are coming very soon to the Double M, which will be announced soon. You've asked for certain features and changes, and we are listening. Before our 2020 expansion though, we felt it necessary to bring another moderator on board. As the site continues to grow, more and more time is being put into modding, weeding out pesky spam, replying to PMs and emails, helping users with tech issues, planning the upcoming site expansion, etc and the to-do list keeps getting bigger.

With all this work piling up, it was time to get some additional hands on board.

Welcome to the team acejestyr15! Ace has been doing an excellent job as our discord mod helping users and just being an all-around great dude to chat with. We (herbalhippie and I) discussed it and decided to bring him on as a forum moderator as well. This marks the first new mod added to the Double M team in about 2 years.

Everyone - please direct all your complaints, grievances, spam reports, and tech issues directly to his PM box (just kidding... or am I?). :lol:
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
User avatar
gumbyke1
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by gumbyke1 »

Congrats Ace - well deserved! I cant wait to see what 2020 brings the forum!
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by herbalhippie »

e_poison wrote: Everyone - please direct all your complaints, grievances, spam reports, and tech issues directly to his PM box (just kidding... or am I?). :lol:
He's not kidding. :D


:lol:

Welcome on, ace! Can I take a nap now. :?
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by CatfatherB »

herbalhippie wrote:
e_poison wrote: Everyone - please direct all your complaints, grievances, spam reports, and tech issues directly to his PM box (just kidding... or am I?). :lol:
He's not kidding. :D


Well...let me tell ya something ACE!!! :lol:
Ace has been the heart and soul of the Double M chat room...he'd be my choice!! Congratulations my friend!! :D
Pete2000
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 189
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by Pete2000 »

e_poison wrote:Welcome to the team acejestyr15! Ace has been doing an excellent job as our discord mod helping users and just being an all-around great dude to chat with.
Awesome news!!! Ace has been so great at sharing his knowledge, welcoming new members, and creating and maintaining a positive vibe on discord. He'll be a fantastic addition to an already amazing lineup.

Congrats Ace!!!
User avatar
KBull
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by KBull »

Thanks for all you do for us guys! Congrats ace!
Scott renegade
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:35 am
Location: South Florida, coral springs

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by Scott renegade »

Congratulations ace,nice knowing you when you were sane...lmfao
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by acejestyr15 »

First off, thank you to e_poison and herbalhippie for the vote of confidence on bringing me aboard.... It really is an honor! Next, thank you everyone for the well wishes and cosigning of the prior mentioned vote of confidence haha.

Gonna be a slight learning curve for me but I'm sure I'll get the hang of things, so just bare with me for a lil bit please. I am super excited for the upcoming changes that will be made and even more so that I get to play a larger part in it all!! I can never say enough how much I love this community and how drastically it's changed my life for the better all around.

Again... Thanks doubleM family for always being awesome!!!!
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by Greyfeather »

Hi ace :) Congratulations and all the best!

A compassionate internet stranger told me about Double M 7 months ago. This community means so much. Looking forward to watching it grow even better.

Enjoy :D
User avatar
IndelibleDotInk
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3358
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by IndelibleDotInk »

feel the aloha!
Thekid1420
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 am

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by Thekid1420 »

Maybe a dumb question, but are u guys making money off this forum? I feel like u should be. Also there should be something set up so we can donate to this forum and the people that run it.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by acejestyr15 »

herbalhippie wrote:
e_poison wrote: Everyone - please direct all your complaints, grievances, spam reports, and tech issues directly to his PM box (just kidding... or am I?). :lol:
He's not kidding. :D


:lol:

Welcome on, ace! Can I take a nap now. :?
Yeah and thanks both e_p and hh for reeling me into this position and then dumping in my lap hahahaha!! Maybe a little too large a vote of confidence?!

I am sure I will learn a ton from you both and once I do I am more than happy to help with any and all tasks that I am capable of. Every relationship requires work whether romantic, friendship, familial, or any other type of regular interaction and I'm happy to be part of this family and take on some of the work along with it!!

So basically I guess I'm saying please please teach me to take on all your unwanted work!!! :roll: Hahahaha :lol: :lol:

Realistically, still super stoked to take on the new role and not at all worried about the hard work part actually :mrgreen:
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by herbalhippie »

Haha it's not hard work really. You know what the most stressful thing for me is? Getting rid of the spam posts fast enough that people don't start commenting WHERE THE HELL ARE THE MODS?? ASLEEP?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Somethingsacred
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:50 am

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by Somethingsacred »

I’ve read plenty of ace stuff on the discord DM server ... my sense is he’s a very good person and has much to offer the community !! Congrats and thx brother man ... I appreciate you bro
FireK
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by FireK »

Congratulations Acejestyr! :D
fusedflora
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 488
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
Contact:

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by fusedflora »

Great to have him helping here too! Thanks so much guys for all you do.
User avatar
Haid3r
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 9:19 pm

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by Haid3r »

All hail our new Ace overlord!

:lol:
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by BallzDeep9 »

herbalhippie wrote: You know what the most stressful thing for me is? Getting rid of the spam posts fast enough that people don't start commenting WHERE THE HELL ARE THE MODS?? ASLEEP?? :lol:
haha good to know the Mods are working! Great to hear we've "doubled" the Mod Power here. :D. Congrats Ace & I am confident you'll do good. Hope you enjoy "modding" as much as, we all enjoy this MM board!

I've been one to push for MORE moderation.. iirc a few weeks ago, I suggested that and E. disagreed. Then very recently, I logged in & was surprised to see a huge SPAM attack!! Facebook idiots, had started like a half dozen NEW posts "shilling" Facebook vendors... uhh no I'm not accusing anyone in particular of shilling! Just notice, that it happens fairly often... And, the difference between Spam and Shill - is what? :P

So, Good Job! E. or Hippie or whoever had the chore of fixing that.. Yes it goes with the territory... Every single Forum, on the Internet, gets spam and trolls and BS - As this place keeps growing in 2020, I hope more New folks, will discover MM! Keep up the good work ya'll :geek:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by Payshince »

CONGRATULATIONS Ace!

Well deserved and happy for you man.
Keep up the great work and guiding this kratom Family aka DoubleMHerbals into a happier and healthier lifestyle!

:)(:
- Payshince
User avatar
KBull
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by KBull »

Looks like I found a new feature! “First unread post”. That was genius! Makes life so much easier. No longer scrolling each post til I find what I haven’t read yet. Thanks guys!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by herbalhippie »

KBull wrote:Looks like I found a new feature! “First unread post”. That was genius! Makes life so much easier. No longer scrolling each post til I find what I haven’t read yet. Thanks guys!
View Unread Posts is probably my favorite feature here! :lol:
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by GrannyJ62 »

Congratulations
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by acejestyr15 »

herbalhippie wrote:
KBull wrote:Looks like I found a new feature! “First unread post”. That was genius! Makes life so much easier. No longer scrolling each post til I find what I haven’t read yet. Thanks guys!
View Unread Posts is probably my favorite feature here! :lol:
I also have switched the thread to being arranged backwards so that newest post of each thread is at the top when I open it.....especially helpful for multi page threads it seems!
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: [SITE NEWS] Introducing our newest moderator and more!

Post by acejestyr15 »

And again! Thanks so much every for the well wishes and warm welcoming onto the behind the scenes forum team. I am excited for this opportunity, and intend on becoming as well versed as possible in order to better help this great community. I'm always available either here or on our discord server, if you have questions or issues please feel free to gimme a shout! :mrgreen:
Post Reply