Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
otiesbotanicals
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by otiesbotanicals »

Maryland fast-tracked the proposed ban to Wednesday. Please drop a comment and protect our leaf!!!! Let's stick together and force them to listen to our words!

https://legiscan.com/MD/bill/HB283/2020
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by beathappening »

Is that where you're out of?
That sucks they felt the need to fast track it, def doesn't sound good. Do they really believe it's that imminent of a threat? Maryland is a solidly blue state (though the governor is a republican), I'm surprised they're trying to pass this kind of law quickly. Guess those of us in blue states aren't as safe as we'd like to think...
Last edited by beathappening on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
otiesbotanicals
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by otiesbotanicals »

I'm in Delaware. But Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey are all doing this. Those are all the states that surround my state!!!! Scary shit. The fact that they fast-tracked it is even scarier!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by BallzDeep9 »

beathappening wrote:Guess those of us in blue states aren't as safe as we'd like to think...
Generally speaking, in Cannabis Legal, Blue states "out West" we're confident there will NOT be prohibition... Gov. of Colorado Jared Polis, gave a Pro Kratom speech in Congress last year.. although I see Oregon is again looking at AKA's Regulation BS which is un-necessary there...

Maryland is being pushed by a Democrat. New Jersey BAN is being pushed by a Republican... I would bet that, at least SOME of those eastern states, the AKA will be successful in introducing KCPA Regulation. They've already got Wisconsin and Vermont, blue states, as possibly reversing their BAN's 8-)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by beathappening »

Wisconsin is more of a purple state, they've been going back and forth for years. Trump won Wisconsin but the Dems took the midterms. It's gonna be a battleground this year
They're swingers 8-)
Vermont is one of those weird states like Maryland that has a democratic legislature and a republican governor. Idk how a republican won in Vermont but hey, we are in uncharted political waters these days

[/ot]
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by acejestyr15 »

otiesbotanicals wrote:I'm in Delaware. But Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey are all doing this. Those are all the states that surround my state!!!! Scary shit. The fact that they fast-tracked it is even scarier!
Yeah in in NJ and not happy about this scenario once again either. We as a state has gotten is shot down 2 or 3 times now but it's worrying me that it just keeps coming back anyways.... IDK me personally... I'm sending my emails, letter, making my phone calls, and yet also still making sure that I'm as prepared as j can be for the worst! My stock is not small by any means, but if I were to have very little way of obtaining more it wouldn't last anywhere near as long as I'd like/hope it would!! IDK, we'll see....

Long and short.... Everyone please send your emails and or make calls and what not. Not matter if its your state or not, if it can happen to a neighbor state it can happen that much easier for you after the fact!! We have to stick together :mrgreen:
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by beathappening »

acejestyr15 wrote: Long and short.... Everyone please send your emails and or make calls and what not.
And please be civil if you do. You'd think that would go without saying, but some people shoot off various profanities and threats and it makes the community look bad.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by acejestyr15 »

beathappening wrote:
acejestyr15 wrote: Long and short.... Everyone please send your emails and or make calls and what not.
And please be civil if you do. You'd think that would go without saying, but some people shoot off various profanities and threats and it makes the community look bad.
Yes good point as well, thanks man!!
walla2wanderer
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:33 am
Location: Loudoun County, VA

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by walla2wanderer »

Maryland passing a ban could be influential, and this has happened quickly. At first the Senate bill didn't seem too concerning, but a couple days later a House cross-filed bill showed up with several co-sponsors from both parties.

I know people have varying thoughts about AKA, but probably the best thing to do at this point is use their link to contact the committee members. I live in a nearby state and will also be calling and sending postcards (harder to ignore than mass emails). Contacting members of the committees (Judiciary Committee in this case) is usually a better strategy than targeting the bill sponsors themselves. They obviously support the bill because they sponsored it, but other committee members are more likely to vote no and prevent from moving forward.

https://aka.salsalabs.org/protectmaryla ... a0564cf67f
User avatar
AppalachianHerbs
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by AppalachianHerbs »

Yeah came here to mention this. Looked like new jerseys was the next one after that. But with marylands being so quickly approaching I think all efforts should be there for a bit.

I know the aka sent out an email. I think the BEA and others are good causes but seems like aka is the one most directly addressing this.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by beathappening »

Mississippi is another one about to file a bill to ban. I have a friend there that's wondering how long she might have. It's already been banned in a few cities/counties, but now the state's going after it.

When a bill is fast tracked, how long does that usually take, assuming it's passed?
Or to put it another way, when was the Maryland bill first introduced and when is it expected to be voted on?
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by WhiteAngelica »

Maryland needs a call. Legislators just need educating. And bloody hell, aren't there more pressing and urgent things that need to be 'fast tracked'?

This can't be happening.
The Red Queen
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by beathappening »

WhiteAngelica wrote:aren't there more pressing and urgent things that need to be 'fast tracked'?.
Gun violence? Women's rights? Climate change?
User avatar
LuckyHerbals
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 am
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by LuckyHerbals »

This is so terrifying. They really do not understand how dangerous it will be for recovering addicts if Kratom is banned. I hope and pray for everyone that this bill does not go through.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by mivanqua »

LuckyHerbals wrote:This is so terrifying. They really do not understand how dangerous it will be for recovering addicts if Kratom is banned. I hope and pray for everyone that this bill does not go through.
Oh, they understand. That's why this is so insidious. They are PERFECTLY aware of what they are doing and the repercussions thereof. They are walking slime. They are supposed to be working for us, and it's very obvious nobody that isn't being paid to be is against kratom. Its repulsive and I truly believe this government has gotten WAY out of hand.
Unrelated : sorry I've been gone, i lost my phone and lost a very dear friend since I've been away, I've just been keeping to myself mostly but thought it important to respond to this as its right in my wheelhouse. Also, admittedly, I really missed some of you and now is as good a time as any to say hello. So...hello! I love you guys.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Kratom Ban in Maryland Fast-tracked

Post by Greyfeather »

mivanqua wrote:
LuckyHerbals wrote:This is so terrifying. They really do not understand how dangerous it will be for recovering addicts if Kratom is banned. I hope and pray for everyone that this bill does not go through.
Oh, they understand. That's why this is so insidious. They are PERFECTLY aware of what they are doing and the repercussions thereof. They are walking slime. They are supposed to be working for us, and it's very obvious nobody that isn't being paid to be is against kratom. Its repulsive and I truly believe this government has gotten WAY out of hand.
Unrelated : sorry I've been gone, i lost my phone and lost a very dear friend since I've been away, I've just been keeping to myself mostly but thought it important to respond to this as its right in my wheelhouse. Also, admittedly, I really missed some of you and now is as good a time as any to say hello. So...hello! I love you guys.
Agree, absolutely.

And I'm so sorry about your loss. It's great that you are getting out, speaking up.
You are loved, so don't be a stranger :)
Post Reply