Tension headaches
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Tension headaches
Does anyone find relief from tension headaches with Kratom?
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tension headaches
Headaches... not so much. I still find regular otc meds work best for those. Everyone is different, of course, but for me whenever I have a really bad headache, kratom doesn’t really ease it. Caffeine is surprisingly effective at relieving headaches, which is why it’s crammed into most otc headache meds.
I find kratom is best for body aches and pains. Sore muscles/joints, chronic pain, etc.
I find kratom is best for body aches and pains. Sore muscles/joints, chronic pain, etc.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Tension headaches
Kratom gives me headaches sometimes, not makes them go away.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Tension headaches
Ever notice that it's a certain type of strain/burn that does it?! I've started noticing that every time it tends to happen it's either from slightly to heavy a dose and or usually an edgy white which also makes me bit irritable sometimes!herbalhippie wrote:Kratom gives me headaches sometimes, not makes them go away.
I know you don't have many whites but ....
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Tension headaches
It's reds that do it to me. When I started doing mostly reds this year I got headaches every time. And then it stopped eventually.acejestyr15 wrote:Ever notice that it's a certain type of strain/burn that does it?! I've started noticing that every time it tends to happen it's either from slightly to heavy a dose and or usually an edgy white which also makes me bit irritable sometimes!herbalhippie wrote:Kratom gives me headaches sometimes, not makes them go away.
I know you don't have many whites but ....
-
ontbijtkoek
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:39 pm
Re: Tension headaches
sometimes with green pmd i get headaches, other times not.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Tension headaches
Try do less, i use to get that but i noticed some strains there is no way you can take regular dose, some no matter what has to be taken less. Another way if that happens never thing to rake more will make it better, in my case it will be only worse. I rather give least 12 hours or 24 hours and it will be nice clean burn after that... discipline is very important. If want that kick, instead of keatom try guayusa tea.. it will mellow out heady weird feelings and give more slight clarity. try sometimesontbijtkoek wrote:sometimes with green pmd i get headaches, other times not.
Kratom user since 2014!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Tension headaches
I discovered the Gatorade cures my Kratom headaches.
-
My4girlsand1boy
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:53 am
Re: Tension headaches
Good to know! When I do get the Kratom headaches, I feel, no matter how much water I drink, the headache doesn’t go away sometimes. I’m going to try Gatorade when this does happen again. I notice that when I do get the Kratom headaches is usually around my 3rd dose towards the evening. I have never gotten the headaches when I dose in the morning or afternoon.herbalhippie wrote:I discovered the Gatorade cures my Kratom headaches.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Tension headaches
My4girlsand1boy wrote:Good to know! When I do get the Kratom headaches, I feel, no matter how much water I drink, the headache doesn’t go away sometimes. I’m going to try Gatorade when this does happen again. I notice that when I do get the Kratom headaches is usually around my 3rd dose towards the evening. I have never gotten the headaches when I dose in the morning or afternoon.herbalhippie wrote:I discovered the Gatorade cures my Kratom headaches.
It's definitely an electrolyte imbalance! I couldn't believe Gatorade made those horrible headaches go away. The only other thing that works is a migraine med I have. Now I keep Gatorade in the fridge at all times.
-
My4girlsand1boy
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:53 am
Re: Tension headaches
herbalhippie wrote:My4girlsand1boy wrote:Good to know! When I do get the Kratom headaches, I feel, no matter how much water I drink, the headache doesn’t go away sometimes. I’m going to try Gatorade when this does happen again. I notice that when I do get the Kratom headaches is usually around my 3rd dose towards the evening. I have never gotten the headaches when I dose in the morning or afternoon.herbalhippie wrote:I discovered the Gatorade cures my Kratom headaches.
It's definitely an electrolyte imbalance! I couldn't believe Gatorade made those horrible headaches go away. The only other thing that works is a migraine med I have. Now I keep Gatorade in the fridge at all times.
Thank you so much herbalhippie! I’m going to try Gatorade when I feel the headaches. I will let you know how it works for me.
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Tension headaches
Ok I don't get headaches from kratom lol I get stress headaches and kratom makes me not give a F that I have them but doesn't cure them. I've heard drinking more water would prevent headaches brought on by taking it.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Tension headaches
Gatorade is such a scam. Overpriced sugar water. Just as much sugar/calories as a soda
-
My4girlsand1boy
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:53 am
Re: Tension headaches
That’s ok, I don’t drink soda or any sweet drinks at all. I only drink water and maybe a cup or half a cup of coffee in the morning. So if I add Gatorade just a little and see if it helps the headaches, it’s worth a try. I don’t get the headaches that often, but when I do get the Kratom headaches, I will try the Gatorade and see if it works 
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Tension headaches
Yes, please come back and let us know if it works for you too!My4girlsand1boy wrote:That’s ok, I don’t drink soda or any sweet drinks at all. I only drink water and maybe a cup or half a cup of coffee in the morning. So if I add Gatorade just a little and see if it helps the headaches, it’s worth a try. I don’t get the headaches that often, but when I do get the Kratom headaches, I will try the Gatorade and see if it works
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Tension headaches
I typically will just eat and or drink a real lot of water
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Tension headaches
Very short and to the point but always helped.. sometimes people dont have enough water and forget about it, then they run into wobbles. and sometimes they take too much with zero food in stomach. Its good to be in caution how much water you have currently and food before you decide your dose. like if stomach empty, i always do smaller dose and it works perfectly, but if i want more slight slow, relax somewhat mild sedating, i eat food and take slow reds, same can go with fast green, make sure you eat and drink when you take slightly more then usual. Or if you dose and realized you rook a lot more then usual, eat right away and drink some more water. This always worked for me and never had issues. unless i forget i took a dose and double it, then yes wobbles to come. that happened only twice. let it ride and take it next day.acejestyr15 wrote:I typically will just eat and or drink a real lot of water
Kratom user since 2014!
-
Ezriderx2x
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 299
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am
Re: Tension headaches
Same here. If I have a real "heady" strain on a day where I have detailed work to do, I get a headache. I also have found that I start getting headaches and/or fogginess from most strains after higher doses or long time use without break. OTC meds still are better for headaches for me unfortunatelyherbalhippie wrote:Kratom gives me headaches sometimes, not makes them go away.
-
mitragiriffic
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:08 pm
Re: Tension headaches
I get crazy cluster headaches sometimes and kratom doesnt even make a dent in it. I can feel the kratom "come on" in the background, but it doesnt effect the pain of the headache.
- Inland Botanicals
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 82
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 pm
- Location: Post Falls, Idaho
- Contact:
Re: Tension headaches
I get tension headaches and the ONLY thing that works is getting a massage focusing on the neck and shoulders. I do know some folks that say it does help, but I've never experienced relief with that specific type of headache 