“Long Legs”......Is it just me?
-
MorriesWigs80
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:08 pm
- Location: Wilmington NC/Troy NY
“Long Legs”......Is it just me?
I frequently see people post things about the duration of batches like “Long legs, 4.5-5hrs” - I am extremely envious, because to me long legs is about 2.5hrs, if I’m lucky 3. Do people really get 4.5hr Burns? I dose 4-5g 3 times a day, many days only 2 times. I haven’t had 4+ hour burns since the first week of using Kratom. Just wondering how many people are lucky enough to get legs like that! I eat ridiculously healthy, workout, maybe it’s my metabolism, I don’t know. But 4.5hr burns are like mythical to me when I read that!
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
Just my take, but long legs is linked to dosage amount. I may get 2 or 3 hours from my normal 3.5g dose, but if I bump it up I get better duration.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
The peak wears off after 2 or so hours, but from start to finish it lasts about 5 for me. The last hour I can't feel it very much, but I can still notice some slight effects. I always wait at least 6 hours between doses. To Rum's point, if you want more duration, take another 1-2 grams an hour after the initial dose, it really helps.
-
MorriesWigs80
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:08 pm
- Location: Wilmington NC/Troy NY
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
Yeah, I’ve been taking a 1g booster about an hour and a half in. I stick to 6hrs between dosing as well. A few months ago I cheated, I see people burning every 4 hours, and I thought I’d try that day. It actually messed up my tolerance, and made me feel awful. And that was only 1 day. Not sure how much of that was psychosomatic, but it happened lol. Ideally, I like to burn twice a day with like 16hrs between my bedtime and morning dose, but that rarely happens anymore because, Life, I guess. Pain, etc etcbeathappening wrote:The peak wears off after 2 or so hours, but from start to finish it lasts about 5 for me. The last hour I can't feel it very much, but I can still notice some slight effects. I always wait at least 6 hours between doses. To Rum's point, if you want more duration, take another 1-2 grams an hour after the initial dose, it really helps.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
Lately I've been staggering my doses out into three mini doses 45 minutes apart each. Seems to be more effective than taking it all at once and definitely lasts longer. An example would be T+0 3grams, T+45 2 grams, T+1:30 1 gram, T+7:00 redose the same way. Or something to that effect.
-
MorriesWigs80
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:08 pm
- Location: Wilmington NC/Troy NY
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
Interesting- I may try that tomorrow. Thanks for the reply and feedback. I was thinking of taking a 24hr break this week at some point. I’ll try the staggering when I start up again.beathappening wrote:Lately I've been staggering my doses out into three mini doses 45 minutes apart each. Seems to be more effective than taking it all at once and definitely lasts longer. An example would be T+0 3grams, T+45 2 grams, T+1:30 1 gram, T+7:00 redose the same way. Or something to that effect.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
For me, reds last longer than the others. I'm lucky in that I'll get a good 6 hours (although my first dose can be up to 5g now). At the 6 hour mark, I do another 2g which will usually take me to the 9 hour mark. I allow myself another 5g: that's 12 for the day. I'm planning on a T-break soon though. I don't know if my pain has gotten worse on its own or if it is worse because I wake up in the morning with nothing in me 
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
12g a day ain't bad at all. I'd love to be able to get my tolerance down to that.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
Yup..I take twice that much!!beathappening wrote:12g a day ain't bad at all. I'd love to be able to get my tolerance down to that.
-
jabro70
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
For me, most of my burns (with good quality leaf) last around 4 hours. The peak is almost always around the 1.5 hr mark for me, but I still feel effects until the 4th hour and I think some of the pain relief extends on into the 5th hour. Of course there are some strains that don’t last that long and a rare few that last longer.
The longest legged strain I think I’ve ever had was Smiley’s PMD last Spring (maybe late April I think). It took a little longer for the effects to come on, but I could still feel it after 6 to 7 hours. I need to dig that one back out.
The longest legged strain I think I’ve ever had was Smiley’s PMD last Spring (maybe late April I think). It took a little longer for the effects to come on, but I could still feel it after 6 to 7 hours. I need to dig that one back out.
-
nerdy ninja
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
For myself it really depends on strain. I noticed the PMD from Smiley has far longer legs than his other strains hence why it’s so popular. I also noticed that strains that are more balanced and not “fast” have much longer legs as well. But with 7ohmn leaf in particular I am blown away with the legs of his leaf. I’ve had some strains of his give me 5-6 hour burns where others I’m usually good to get 3-4
- IndelibleDotInk
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3358
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
- Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
I get short duration burns too, still trying to find that sweet spot dose for maximum mood lift and length.
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
Try staggering your doses. Take the main one, 3-4 grams, then follow it 30-45 minutes with another couple grams, and another small redose 45 minutes after. It always works best for me, more effective than dosing all at once. It seems counterintuitive, but it works. It definitely helps with overall duration, and an extended peak as well.IndelibleDotInk wrote:I get short duration burns too, still trying to find that sweet spot dose for maximum mood lift and length.
- IndelibleDotInk
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3358
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:21 pm
- Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Re: “Long Legs”......Is it just me?
mahalo, will try