Blending ???

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
nerdy ninja
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Blending ???

Post by nerdy ninja »

Just curious if anyone else has had same experience with blending strains/vendors. Sometimes it’s magical and amazing but curiously I have had some experiences with strains that on their own are amazing but when blended are duds. This morning I blended 1.5 of 7ohmn’s legendary EGM2 with 1.5 of Smileys PMD. Both of these strains are literally the best I’ve had this past year so I thought it would be an amazing burn. It turned out to be a complete dud so I was definitely thrown off by it because both were from batches that I definitely know is top notch kratom. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this same thing with blending 2 amazing strains and having them basically cancel each other out.
User avatar
creatus
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm

Re: Blending ???

Post by creatus »

Yep. Blending kratom is such crazy alchemy. I bet there would be some key strains to help "un-dud" a particular combo too
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Blending ???

Post by BallzDeep9 »

I would not blame the leaf, its gotta be that "your burn" was a complete dud - could be many reasons? The ol' Tolerance starting to creep up? Stomach full, or other medications or something interfere with kratom? Hey those strains proven to contain # high alkaloid, but both have mitragyna, I see no logical reason for one strain to have negative effect?
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Blending ???

Post by herbalhippie »

A long time ago I blended my two favorite strains at that time expecting to see God. That blend put me in the worst mood I've ever experienced from kratom. This is why I will never blend a yellow with a green again. :lol:
aqtgirly4u
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:25 pm
Location: Kansas City Metro

Re: Blending ???

Post by aqtgirly4u »

Yep...this has happened to me as well. That is why I only blend per each individual dose and not in batches. :D
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: Blending ???

Post by jabro70 »

herbalhippie wrote:A long time ago I blended my two favorite strains at that time expecting to see God. That blend put me in the worst mood I've ever experienced from kratom. This is why I will never blend a yellow with a green again. :lol:
Yep, I’m with you HH. Sometimes you can take 2 fantastic strains, blend them together expecting to just be blown into nirvana, but the real result ends up being blown into the worst mood imaginable. (I’m thinking Greens and Yellows here as well).
Other times you blend a few strains and it turns out amazing- I suggest that when that happens you write it down somewhere. (I usually write the good ones in Ballz’s “What’s Burning” thread. It’s probably the thread with the most replies since DoubleM was born.)
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: Blending ???

Post by GrannyJ62 »

I've had this happen to but the strangest one for me is the Black Kratom alone it's a dud but mixed with a good green it definitely kicks up the pain relief.
The red naga or green just ok but throw in a white and bota bing.Fickle indeed.
I know I m really liking Smiley s Orange Glow mix.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: Blending ???

Post by Greyfeather »

herbalhippie wrote:A long time ago I blended my two favorite strains at that time expecting to see God. That blend put me in the worst mood I've ever experienced from kratom. This is why I will never blend a yellow with a green again. :lol:
Seriously, I'm so grateful for the miracle of pain relief + not nodding off I get from reds + greens. It's just that simple.There is only so much we can expect a
kratom leaf to do. :roll:

I have given up my dream of getting a cape and a mask for my debut as Kratom Girl! (after exposing my favorite strain to a Rare Radioactive Drying Method) -- which would render me the greatest foe to the Capitalist Healthcare Industry and all forms of Despair caused by selfishness and Social Media Influencers. :mrgreen:

But, hey, there's still Disney+ !! :lol:
nerdy ninja
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm

Re: Blending ???

Post by nerdy ninja »

Definitely not tolerance as that’s something that I am diligent about keeping down. I started going with the 3 burns a day and no more than 10 grams a day that we discussed on another thread and actually the previous 3 days before this particular burn I only had one burn a day so I was REALLY expecting a good burn lol. I was very perplexed hence the post but I have had burns where 2 strains that on their own I find to be underwhelming are amazing together but this was the first time I had 2 strains that on their own are amazing and pretty much cancelled each other out. Kratom is such a finicky plant but I’m always amazed by how it’s chemistry etc works
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Blending ???

Post by brave777 »

Yeah i had that happen too, sometimes its just good to take it on its own and not blend some kratom. But trough trail and error that's how we learn... where is that thread of all the working blends? if there isn't one, someone should create it. That way all the blends that works can be posted. and another thread blends that didn't work. so if someone has same batch # and kratom (always try post batch #), which most of ya'll probably do, it will help out a lot.
Kratom user since 2014!
Post Reply