T breaks- mitigating RLS
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
T breaks- mitigating RLS
Other than weaning and perhaps agmatine anyone have any tricks or tips about managing RLS ? This is the only thing that bothers me when I quit
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
Have you tried cats claw or palmitoylethanolmide?
This helps overnight withdrawals for me but I've never quit for more than 24 hours....
This helps overnight withdrawals for me but I've never quit for more than 24 hours....
- creatus
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
MAGNESIUM; several hundred mg a day (around 400 is recommended). There's also some good homeopathic remedies out there - wish I remembered the one that helped me years ago, their pretty widely available I think. Valerian root can also help! Eliminate caffeine.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
Perhaps ?? how about definitely Agmatine sulfate!FartBlaster wrote:Other than weaning and perhaps agmatine ...
I'm doing a 5-day T Break cycle, with Agmatine every night (increasing from 300 mg, to 800 ) And for sure, Cats Claw (I got the Now brand extract ), the 3rd item I recommend is: Magtein (aka Magnesium l-Threonate, aka 'brain magnesium' ) really helps deep sleep.. And does not force a poop!
Finally... Phenibut can totally stop RLS... but I go very lightly on that & only for one day.
yeah the Magtein is a bit spendy, but worth it for getting good sleep. High quality stuff.. read Amazon reviews, it also has positive effect on mood, and cognitive .. LINK- I still take my Mag Citrate daily with kratom.
This time of year.. Make sure you're getting enough Vitamin D3. Have not seen the sun, in like 3 months
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
Exercise, mainly cardio. Running, swimming, also hot baths. Potassium also comes to mind, when I was withdrawing every other week from pain pills (since RLS and - far worse for me - restless arms are very common during any kind of w/d) I always tried to have potatoes or bananas.
Multivitamins with at least 100 percent of zinc, potassium, magnesium as creatus mentioned, phosphorus and copper, and Vitamin B6 capsules. You can also add in small doses of diazepam (valium), cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril), or caprisodol (soma) if you happen to have access to any, for the muscle relaxing properties. But adding in narcotics has its own set of risks. I agree with ballz, Benadryl, NyQuil, or Unisom do not help at all, and just make you groggy while still having RLS, which sucks even more.
Much of this is part of the Thomas Recipe, an opiate self detox regimen. You may not be experiencing full on opiate withdrawal, but a lot of the symptoms are the same.
https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/opia ... mas-recipe
Multivitamins with at least 100 percent of zinc, potassium, magnesium as creatus mentioned, phosphorus and copper, and Vitamin B6 capsules. You can also add in small doses of diazepam (valium), cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril), or caprisodol (soma) if you happen to have access to any, for the muscle relaxing properties. But adding in narcotics has its own set of risks. I agree with ballz, Benadryl, NyQuil, or Unisom do not help at all, and just make you groggy while still having RLS, which sucks even more.
Much of this is part of the Thomas Recipe, an opiate self detox regimen. You may not be experiencing full on opiate withdrawal, but a lot of the symptoms are the same.
https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/opia ... mas-recipe
-
Sneakers
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:27 am
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
I used to have RLS but I got rid of it from what I learned in a Dr. Berg video on youtube: you need potassium. Someone mentioned magnesium and everyone needs that but people are also really low in potassium. You need a lot, something like 5000mg which way more than our normal diet gives us. An avocado has about 1000mg but the thing I ate the most was beets. I had a beet with leaves every day plus an avocado and all the other greens I could eat. You dont have to eat the beet itself (its high in sugar) but the leaves are key. From what I found, its one of if not the highest potassium food. You could try supplement powder but I heard its a bit trickier. Doing this really helped me, RLS used to drive me crazy.
- Quercus
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
Hopefully, one or more of the great suggestions already posted will resolve your RLS. If all else fails, it might be worth asking your doctor for an Rx of a dopamine agonist - either ropinirole (Requip) or pramipexole (Mirapex). Since you would only be taking it for short tolerance breaks, you wouldn't run into the some of the problems associated with long term use and they really do work. RLS is horrible.
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
All of these tips have been helpful and appreciated! 
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
I have RLS besides kratom and former opiate detox. All of the ladies in my family have horrible RLS. And me. Lucky guy, right? When I have it really bad, a hot bath works really well for me. As hot as you can stand, maybe a little hotter. You want your skin to turn a little red. When you get out of the bath, you will feel like jelly. Go to sleep! Quick! You only have a short window and if you miss it, you have to start over. Some put Epsom salts into the water and swear by it, but I hate the feeling of the salt on my skin. Try it. You'll be fine....at least for a few minutes.
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
That is exactly right! I get RBS. Restless Body Syndrome. But the one sure fire thing that works. I take the hottest shower I can stand for the longest amount of time I can stand it. Then I go right to bed........then sweet dreams.mivanqua wrote:I have RLS besides kratom and former opiate detox. All of the ladies in my family have horrible RLS. And me. Lucky guy, right? When I have it really bad, a hot bath works really well for me. As hot as you can stand, maybe a little hotter. You want your skin to turn a little red. When you get out of the bath, you will feel like jelly. Go to sleep! Quick! You only have a short window and if you miss it, you have to start over. Some put Epsom salts into the water and swear by it, but I hate the feeling of the salt on my skin. Try it. You'll be fine....at least for a few minutes.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
When I quit heroin, sometimes I would take 9 baths a night. It would always work...eventually. You get sick of doing it by #5-#6 but you have to stick with it. For me, none of the other tricks really came through. I used to lay my head on the ledge of the bathtub while still in to get a head start, if you will.RumRunner wrote:That is exactly right! I get RBS. Restless Body Syndrome. But the one sure fire thing that works. I take the hottest shower I can stand for the longest amount of time I can stand it. Then I go right to bed........then sweet dreams.mivanqua wrote:I have RLS besides kratom and former opiate detox. All of the ladies in my family have horrible RLS. And me. Lucky guy, right? When I have it really bad, a hot bath works really well for me. As hot as you can stand, maybe a little hotter. You want your skin to turn a little red. When you get out of the bath, you will feel like jelly. Go to sleep! Quick! You only have a short window and if you miss it, you have to start over. Some put Epsom salts into the water and swear by it, but I hate the feeling of the salt on my skin. Try it. You'll be fine....at least for a few minutes.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: T breaks- mitigating RLS
All natural magnesium topical oil works for me fantastic! Just spray on and rub in!! Magnesium oil is the same thing as taking an Epsom salt bath except it's available as an easy to apply topical. Its can be a bit on the expensive side for high quality good stuff.... but it last quite awhile and is totally worth it in my opinion..