Grapefruit - Your Personal Experience?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
dub12Nation
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Grapefruit - Your Personal Experience?

Post by dub12Nation »

I know there's been a lot fair amount of discussion around potentiators and grapefruit juice in particular, and I loosely understand the idea of conversion of certain alkaloids to opiates and that grapefruit could simultaneously be a potentiator of some effects and an inhibitor of others.

I'm just looking for peoples personal experiences right now. Did you find it was helpful, neutral or hurtful in your experience?
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Grapefruit - Your Personal Experience?

Post by acejestyr15 »

dub12Nation wrote:I know there's been a lot fair amount of discussion around potentiators and grapefruit juice in particular, and I loosely understand the idea of conversion of certain alkaloids to opiates and that grapefruit could simultaneously be a potentiator of some effects and an inhibitor of others.

I'm just looking for peoples personal experiences right now. Did you find it was helpful, neutral or hurtful in your experience?
I'd suggest you use lemon/line if anything.... There are different discrepancies and issues with GFJ
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Grapefruit - Your Personal Experience?

Post by herbalhippie »

I take a few prescription meds and both grapefruit and piperine from black pepper can interact with some meds in bad ways so I've never tried either one. I'm ascairt. :lol: :?
User avatar
Slippy
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Grapefruit - Your Personal Experience?

Post by Slippy »

dub12Nation wrote:I know there's been a lot fair amount of discussion around potentiators and grapefruit juice in particular, and I loosely understand the idea of conversion of certain alkaloids to opiates and that grapefruit could simultaneously be a potentiator of some effects and an inhibitor of others.

I'm just looking for peoples personal experiences right now. Did you find it was helpful, neutral or hurtful in your experience?
If I take an acidic juice with Kratom I do notice slightly more pronounced effects.
I used to take all my Kratom with grapefruit juice and I noticed it would always make me a little more sleepier, over say lemon juice.
Not sure if it's due to the grapefruit inhibiting enzymes or just something to do with my chemistry.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Grapefruit - Your Personal Experience?

Post by beathappening »

I love grapefruit the more bitter the better
TST13
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:58 am

Re: Grapefruit - Your Personal Experience?

Post by TST13 »

To mask the taste of Kratom is one thing, but I’d be hard pressed if you got a straight answer. The pharmacokinetic profile of Kratom and Opioids in general is one that isn’t completely known, and especially when you go down to Kratom- I don’t think anyone knows what GFJ and Kratom do to each other.
User avatar
WhiteAngelica
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1161
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: Grapefruit - Your Personal Experience?

Post by WhiteAngelica »

dub12Nation wrote:I know there's been a lot fair amount of discussion around potentiators and grapefruit juice in particular, and I loosely understand the idea of conversion of certain alkaloids to opiates and that grapefruit could simultaneously be a potentiator of some effects and an inhibitor of others.

I'm just looking for peoples personal experiences right now. Did you find it was helpful, neutral or hurtful in your experience?
I take every dose with pink grapefruit juice and have for years. I'm not sure if it works as a potentiator, but It's great to mix my kratom with. I use an 8 oz ball jar, fill it halfway with grapefruit juice, add my dose, close the ball jar lid and shake it like a motherfucker. Then, it is a nice, sweet trip down the lips, to the tummy. I Don't even know how I would take it WITHOUT GF juice!
The Red Queen
wasabiipeas
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Re: Grapefruit - Your Personal Experience?

Post by wasabiipeas »

I've heard white grapefruit has a higher concentration of what you want to assist in converting enzymes. Might want to give it a try. Taste wise I'm a fan of ruby red grapefruits myself.
Post Reply