The 50 ton guy is a con
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
The 50 ton guy is a con
Theres talk of people who sent him money that hes ripped off their money sent samples to set up more cash. Karma's gotta get him
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
Where did you hear this?
- gumbyke1
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, Texas
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
Yes I can confirm, there were too many things that didn't add up.
This is a common scam in Indonesia, they storage locker guy was just imitating what he has seen before. They will make you feel safe/secure with the purchase of low amounts and when you go to make a larger order they disappear. It's happened to me a couple times.
I'm sorry for anyone who was caught up in his scam, that totally bums me out.
This is a common scam in Indonesia, they storage locker guy was just imitating what he has seen before. They will make you feel safe/secure with the purchase of low amounts and when you go to make a larger order they disappear. It's happened to me a couple times.
I'm sorry for anyone who was caught up in his scam, that totally bums me out.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
-
Jezabels64
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:24 pm
- Location: CA
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
He scammed numerous ppl. There is a facebook page with people stating they were scammed by him. It’s awful.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
Which FB page is this please?Jezabels64 wrote:He scammed numerous ppl. There is a facebook page with people stating they were scammed by him. It’s awful.
-
Jezabels64
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:24 pm
- Location: CA
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
Hey Herbalhippieherbalhippie wrote:Which FB page is this please?Jezabels64 wrote:He scammed numerous ppl. There is a facebook page with people stating they were scammed by him. It’s awful.
Botanical Tea Talk and Vendor reviews. It looks like some of the posts were taken down...people were pretty upset and vented some comments(understandably) that were inappropriate for FB and this particular forum. This whole incident is disturbing.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
I'm really grateful that e-poison showed him the door so quickly.
And I'm not a member of I Love Kratom, but I did follow the guy's game over there. It took those folks a bit longer, but when the whole "You're really treating strangers like human guinea pigs?" issue came up he was out of there in a flash.
And I'm not a member of I Love Kratom, but I did follow the guy's game over there. It took those folks a bit longer, but when the whole "You're really treating strangers like human guinea pigs?" issue came up he was out of there in a flash.
- KBull
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
Yeah thanks for banning him mods! Unfortunate that people want to scam in the kratom business. From what I see, almost all of us consumers are great honest people. Hopefully nobody here got scammed, besides maybe one or two I saw paid shipping labels. Good job mods keeping us safe
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
As always so very thankful I stumbled upon this website in my Kratom journey.Youve taught me so much.Thanks doubleM people.
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
My gut instantly told me it was a scam, so I banned him when he first showed up here. The safety of the users here is my number 1 priority when making decisions like this. If it seems off at all, I don’t let it fly.
The mod team here will continue to monitor the forum for stuff like this. We refuse to let you guys and gals get scammed on our turf. Some other forums and groups may not care about their users, but we sure as hell do.
The mod team here will continue to monitor the forum for stuff like this. We refuse to let you guys and gals get scammed on our turf. Some other forums and groups may not care about their users, but we sure as hell do.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
I am just glad we got awesome mods, like i said before they do watch over our safety which is rare on other places. If its to fishy, kick them out, simple. I just had a very bad feeling when he started posting about his stash. If it was my stash i sure would defend it regardless if i paid or not paid for my storage place. And him getting this much 50 ton didn't add up a bit. I thought its ether he killed some people secretly or its a scam and i am glad no life's been lost and it was just a scam. His behavior was nasty too. I am just glad most members seen it trough the BS. Thanks to everyone who called him out.
Kratom user since 2014!
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
I've come to care very much for some of the folks I've met here through trades or sales or conversations. Like I've said before, each substance people imbibe attracts a certain "type" of person, and kratom seems to attract NICE people as a whole. To take advantage of people's gentle and honest way is reprehensible. Seems like the only thing storage locker guy had fifty tons of was BULLSHIT. Thanks to ALL who called him out and those posts can be looked back on as a good example of a bad example. Thanks mods for going above and beyond your responsibilities here. I think i can speak for everyone when I say that we love you for it. I feel safe here. Do you have any idea how rare that is in an online forum? Practically unheard of.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
One woman on that Facebook lost a whole lot of money to storage locker guy. 
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
That's crazy! Why would you believe that spiel?herbalhippie wrote:One woman on that Facebook lost a whole lot of money to storage locker guy.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
Over $500 >:(mivanqua wrote:That's crazy! Why would you believe that spiel?herbalhippie wrote:One woman on that Facebook lost a whole lot of money to storage locker guy.
-
Jezabels64
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:24 pm
- Location: CA
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
I know...i wish there was a way to help her. Very upsetting. Thanks mods for keeping us safe here. He wiggled his way into FB and ppl bought. Lesson learned...just so grateful for this platform.herbalhippie wrote:Over $500 >:(mivanqua wrote:That's crazy! Why would you believe that spiel?herbalhippie wrote:One woman on that Facebook lost a whole lot of money to storage locker guy.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
I think this may be storage locker guy. Article from 2016
https://wpde.com/news/local/horry-count ... ax-evasion
https://wpde.com/news/local/horry-count ... ax-evasion
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
Yeah, well. Read the rest of the comments under hers.Jezabels64 wrote:I know...i wish there was a way to help her. Very upsetting. Thanks mods for keeping us safe here. He wiggled his way into FB and ppl bought. Lesson learned...just so grateful for this platform.herbalhippie wrote:
Over $500 >:(
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
What's the connection? How do I get to the FB commenta? I'm curious.herbalhippie wrote:I think this may be storage locker guy. Article from 2016
https://wpde.com/news/local/horry-count ... ax-evasion
Edit : nevermind. I didnt catch it up there /\ but I requested to join.
Last edited by mivanqua on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
herbalhippie wrote:I think this may be storage locker guy. Article from 2016
https://wpde.com/news/local/horry-count ... ax-evasion
Yeah, that's Phil I'm betting.
And he claimed to be a "former cop" who has a bunch of business: a terrific Family Guy with a wife and two stand-up kids. He really thought that we were a bunch of drug-addled rubes who would fall for anything. Maybe because I didn't grow up with the internet, but when people talk about their great, perfect lives and their fabulous reputations, I'm like "show me the receipts, please."
-
Ilikerafts
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:22 pm
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.
This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
They COULD HAVE BEEN him using dummy accounts. That's a standard issue internet trick. Fun stuff, right? There are always people to exploit everything good in the world.Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.
This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
My OCD just made me go through and fix the title on every.single.post.Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
We can tell.mivanqua wrote:They COULD HAVE BEEN him using dummy accounts. That's a standard issue internet trick. Fun stuff, right? There are always people to exploit everything good in the world.Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.
This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
- Quercus
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
I did, too!Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
I know I was stating the obvious I guess, it just sucks that that is reality in the world. I got a bad vibe from "Phil" from the first post. Feigning ignorance almost always fails the sniff test for most people. We were just too smart for him I suppose. And his friend looking at it and being "sure its borneo." I knew right then what his angle was. I couldn't imagine mailing you or Ballz or Gumby some random kratom and you saying " oh, definitely a hulu!" What does that even mean, really?herbalhippie wrote:We can tell.mivanqua wrote:They COULD HAVE BEEN him using dummy accounts. That's a standard issue internet trick. Fun stuff, right? There are always people to exploit everything good in the world.Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.
This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
If someone sent me kratom without telling me what it was, all I'd be able to say is, it's kratom. Fast/mid/slow. Any other claim would be ridiculous.mivanqua wrote:
I know I was stating the obvious I guess, it just sucks that that is reality in the world. I got a bad vibe from "Phil" from the first post. Feigning ignorance almost always fails the sniff test for most people. We were just too smart for him I suppose. And his friend looking at it and being "sure its borneo." I knew right then what his angle was. I couldn't imagine mailing you or Ballz or Gumby some random kratom and you saying " oh, definitely a hulu!" What does that even mean, really?
- Babel-17
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 475
- Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 pm
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
IIRC, the earliest investors in Bernie Madoff did really well. So well that many saw the government "claw back" some of their profits if they had gotten out before Madoff went under. That was how he brought in new investors, word of mouth. It's how Ponzi earned his wealth. This is also how a "long con" often works.Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.
This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
Around thirty years ago a form of it made a resurgence around my area. I showed the math of how it was a doomed to fail scheme to my foreman, and when the light went on over his head he was outraged, and he went to go get his money back. Since the con was just starting, he was able to catch the guy who was selling "shares" in it and get his money back.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidenc ... _long_cons
So the people who claimed to have gotten good product quite possibly had gotten good product.
- Slippy
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 pm
Re: The 50 ton guy is a con
Man, I knew in my gut that this was a scam. It was just too good to be true to randomly find Kratom of all things in a storage locker and at that large of an amount. It seemed to me that someone from Indo took a photo of a large amount of Kratom and acted like it was found in a storage locker in the states, and then sent out samples in hopes of future large orders and then he'd dip out. I feel for the people who were scammed.Babel-17 wrote:IIRC, the earliest investors in Bernie Madoff did really well. So well that many saw the government "claw back" some of their profits if they had gotten out before Madoff went under. That was how he brought in new investors, word of mouth. It's how Ponzi earned his wealth. This is also how a "long con" often works.Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.
This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
Around thirty years ago a form of it made a resurgence around my area. I showed the math of how it was a doomed to fail scheme to my foreman, and when the light went on over his head he was outraged, and he went to go get his money back. Since the con was just starting, he was able to catch the guy who was selling "shares" in it and get his money back.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidenc ... _long_cons
So the people who claimed to have gotten good product quite possibly had gotten good product.