The 50 ton guy is a con

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by GrannyJ62 »

Theres talk of people who sent him money that hes ripped off their money sent samples to set up more cash. Karma's gotta get him
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by herbalhippie »

Where did you hear this?
User avatar
gumbyke1
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by gumbyke1 »

Yes I can confirm, there were too many things that didn't add up.

This is a common scam in Indonesia, they storage locker guy was just imitating what he has seen before. They will make you feel safe/secure with the purchase of low amounts and when you go to make a larger order they disappear. It's happened to me a couple times. :(

I'm sorry for anyone who was caught up in his scam, that totally bums me out.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
Jezabels64
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:24 pm
Location: CA

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by Jezabels64 »

He scammed numerous ppl. There is a facebook page with people stating they were scammed by him. It’s awful.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by herbalhippie »

Jezabels64 wrote:He scammed numerous ppl. There is a facebook page with people stating they were scammed by him. It’s awful.
Which FB page is this please?
Jezabels64
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:24 pm
Location: CA

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by Jezabels64 »

herbalhippie wrote:
Jezabels64 wrote:He scammed numerous ppl. There is a facebook page with people stating they were scammed by him. It’s awful.
Which FB page is this please?
Hey Herbalhippie
Botanical Tea Talk and Vendor reviews. It looks like some of the posts were taken down...people were pretty upset and vented some comments(understandably) that were inappropriate for FB and this particular forum. This whole incident is disturbing.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by Greyfeather »

I'm really grateful that e-poison showed him the door so quickly.

And I'm not a member of I Love Kratom, but I did follow the guy's game over there. It took those folks a bit longer, but when the whole "You're really treating strangers like human guinea pigs?" issue came up he was out of there in a flash.
User avatar
KBull
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by KBull »

Yeah thanks for banning him mods! Unfortunate that people want to scam in the kratom business. From what I see, almost all of us consumers are great honest people. Hopefully nobody here got scammed, besides maybe one or two I saw paid shipping labels. Good job mods keeping us safe
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by GrannyJ62 »

As always so very thankful I stumbled upon this website in my Kratom journey.Youve taught me so much.Thanks doubleM people.
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by e_poison »

My gut instantly told me it was a scam, so I banned him when he first showed up here. The safety of the users here is my number 1 priority when making decisions like this. If it seems off at all, I don’t let it fly.

The mod team here will continue to monitor the forum for stuff like this. We refuse to let you guys and gals get scammed on our turf. Some other forums and groups may not care about their users, but we sure as hell do.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by brave777 »

I am just glad we got awesome mods, like i said before they do watch over our safety which is rare on other places. If its to fishy, kick them out, simple. I just had a very bad feeling when he started posting about his stash. If it was my stash i sure would defend it regardless if i paid or not paid for my storage place. And him getting this much 50 ton didn't add up a bit. I thought its ether he killed some people secretly or its a scam and i am glad no life's been lost and it was just a scam. His behavior was nasty too. I am just glad most members seen it trough the BS. Thanks to everyone who called him out.
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by mivanqua »

I've come to care very much for some of the folks I've met here through trades or sales or conversations. Like I've said before, each substance people imbibe attracts a certain "type" of person, and kratom seems to attract NICE people as a whole. To take advantage of people's gentle and honest way is reprehensible. Seems like the only thing storage locker guy had fifty tons of was BULLSHIT. Thanks to ALL who called him out and those posts can be looked back on as a good example of a bad example. Thanks mods for going above and beyond your responsibilities here. I think i can speak for everyone when I say that we love you for it. I feel safe here. Do you have any idea how rare that is in an online forum? Practically unheard of.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by herbalhippie »

One woman on that Facebook lost a whole lot of money to storage locker guy. :cry:
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by mivanqua »

herbalhippie wrote:One woman on that Facebook lost a whole lot of money to storage locker guy. :cry:
That's crazy! Why would you believe that spiel?
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by herbalhippie »

mivanqua wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:One woman on that Facebook lost a whole lot of money to storage locker guy. :cry:
That's crazy! Why would you believe that spiel?
Over $500 >:(
Jezabels64
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:24 pm
Location: CA

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by Jezabels64 »

herbalhippie wrote:
mivanqua wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:One woman on that Facebook lost a whole lot of money to storage locker guy. :cry:
That's crazy! Why would you believe that spiel?
Over $500 >:(
I know...i wish there was a way to help her. Very upsetting. Thanks mods for keeping us safe here. He wiggled his way into FB and ppl bought. Lesson learned...just so grateful for this platform.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by herbalhippie »

I think this may be storage locker guy. Article from 2016

https://wpde.com/news/local/horry-count ... ax-evasion
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by herbalhippie »

Jezabels64 wrote:
herbalhippie wrote:
Over $500 >:(
I know...i wish there was a way to help her. Very upsetting. Thanks mods for keeping us safe here. He wiggled his way into FB and ppl bought. Lesson learned...just so grateful for this platform.
Yeah, well. Read the rest of the comments under hers.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by mivanqua »

herbalhippie wrote:I think this may be storage locker guy. Article from 2016

https://wpde.com/news/local/horry-count ... ax-evasion
What's the connection? How do I get to the FB commenta? I'm curious.

Edit : nevermind. I didnt catch it up there /\ but I requested to join.
Last edited by mivanqua on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greyfeather
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1225
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by Greyfeather »

herbalhippie wrote:I think this may be storage locker guy. Article from 2016

https://wpde.com/news/local/horry-count ... ax-evasion

Yeah, that's Phil I'm betting.

And he claimed to be a "former cop" who has a bunch of business: a terrific Family Guy with a wife and two stand-up kids. He really thought that we were a bunch of drug-addled rubes who would fall for anything. Maybe because I didn't grow up with the internet, but when people talk about their great, perfect lives and their fabulous reputations, I'm like "show me the receipts, please."
Ilikerafts
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:22 pm

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by Ilikerafts »

I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.


This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by mivanqua »

Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.


This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
They COULD HAVE BEEN him using dummy accounts. That's a standard issue internet trick. Fun stuff, right? There are always people to exploit everything good in the world.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by herbalhippie »

Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.

My OCD just made me go through and fix the title on every.single.post. :roll: :lol:
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by herbalhippie »

mivanqua wrote:
Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.


This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
They COULD HAVE BEEN him using dummy accounts. That's a standard issue internet trick. Fun stuff, right? There are always people to exploit everything good in the world.
We can tell.
User avatar
Quercus
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by Quercus »

Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.
I did, too! :lol:
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by mivanqua »

herbalhippie wrote:
mivanqua wrote:
Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.


This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
They COULD HAVE BEEN him using dummy accounts. That's a standard issue internet trick. Fun stuff, right? There are always people to exploit everything good in the world.
We can tell.
I know I was stating the obvious I guess, it just sucks that that is reality in the world. I got a bad vibe from "Phil" from the first post. Feigning ignorance almost always fails the sniff test for most people. We were just too smart for him I suppose. And his friend looking at it and being "sure its borneo." I knew right then what his angle was. I couldn't imagine mailing you or Ballz or Gumby some random kratom and you saying " oh, definitely a hulu!" What does that even mean, really?
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by herbalhippie »

mivanqua wrote:
I know I was stating the obvious I guess, it just sucks that that is reality in the world. I got a bad vibe from "Phil" from the first post. Feigning ignorance almost always fails the sniff test for most people. We were just too smart for him I suppose. And his friend looking at it and being "sure its borneo." I knew right then what his angle was. I couldn't imagine mailing you or Ballz or Gumby some random kratom and you saying " oh, definitely a hulu!" What does that even mean, really?
If someone sent me kratom without telling me what it was, all I'd be able to say is, it's kratom. Fast/mid/slow. Any other claim would be ridiculous.
User avatar
Babel-17
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by Babel-17 »

Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.


This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
IIRC, the earliest investors in Bernie Madoff did really well. So well that many saw the government "claw back" some of their profits if they had gotten out before Madoff went under. That was how he brought in new investors, word of mouth. It's how Ponzi earned his wealth. This is also how a "long con" often works.

Around thirty years ago a form of it made a resurgence around my area. I showed the math of how it was a doomed to fail scheme to my foreman, and when the light went on over his head he was outraged, and he went to go get his money back. Since the con was just starting, he was able to catch the guy who was selling "shares" in it and get his money back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidenc ... _long_cons

So the people who claimed to have gotten good product quite possibly had gotten good product.
User avatar
Slippy
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: The 50 ton guy is a con

Post by Slippy »

Babel-17 wrote:
Ilikerafts wrote:I first read this title as the 50-ton guy is an acorn.


This is insanity
How dumb do they think we are (rhetorical)...
there were also a few people who claim to send him money and everything went through straight and it was good kratom so I wonder if they were in on the scam too. Either way there has to be some way to get him back
IIRC, the earliest investors in Bernie Madoff did really well. So well that many saw the government "claw back" some of their profits if they had gotten out before Madoff went under. That was how he brought in new investors, word of mouth. It's how Ponzi earned his wealth. This is also how a "long con" often works.

Around thirty years ago a form of it made a resurgence around my area. I showed the math of how it was a doomed to fail scheme to my foreman, and when the light went on over his head he was outraged, and he went to go get his money back. Since the con was just starting, he was able to catch the guy who was selling "shares" in it and get his money back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidenc ... _long_cons

So the people who claimed to have gotten good product quite possibly had gotten good product.
Man, I knew in my gut that this was a scam. It was just too good to be true to randomly find Kratom of all things in a storage locker and at that large of an amount. It seemed to me that someone from Indo took a photo of a large amount of Kratom and acted like it was found in a storage locker in the states, and then sent out samples in hopes of future large orders and then he'd dip out. I feel for the people who were scammed.
Post Reply