Kratom and food
- KBull
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm
Kratom and food
So I normally read that kratom has better effects on an empty stomach. I strongly disagree. I always dose either at a meal, or I need a meal or snack shortly after. If I don’t eat shortly after a burn I feel funky. If I eat then the burn comes in with better effects. This just happened to me tonight so I thought about it. Is any one else this way?
Also, I drink tonssss of water. If I ever have a weird burn happening it’s usually because I’m dehydrated
Also, I drink tonssss of water. If I ever have a weird burn happening it’s usually because I’m dehydrated
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Kratom and food
Yes, for me i noticed if its more then 3 grams, you need to mix it with food, if below 3 grams empty stomach is better then eat later or else food might over power it in some ways. And like always drink plenty of water. 6gram a dose is always better adding some food, 10 grams you have to eat! I think it all depends how big your dose is, any one else think the same, i noticed if i take 6 grams, like you say feel funky and in some ways hungry, when i eat everything balances out very good, the feel and the food. also add some fats, like eggs? or vitamin C if you cant feel it stand out, i noticed i havent taken vit c in a long time, i took it today and the feel was sooo much better. Also i read somewhere lots of vitamin C is shipped to wuhon china, they found out at high dose of vitamin C it removes flu or bad symptoms of corona virus.
This vitamin C use to be 30$ now it went to 50$, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GL ... UTF8&psc=1
And i read its the highest quality, just sharing it with double M members. Just like masks vitamin C i suspect will jump in price. would not be surprised if it jumps to 100$ or more. I strongly believe it improves the feel of kratom especial on empty stomach it might be to much.
This vitamin C use to be 30$ now it went to 50$, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GL ... UTF8&psc=1
And i read its the highest quality, just sharing it with double M members. Just like masks vitamin C i suspect will jump in price. would not be surprised if it jumps to 100$ or more. I strongly believe it improves the feel of kratom especial on empty stomach it might be to much.
Kratom user since 2014!
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Kratom and food
This is interesting.
I have always gone with the empty stomach as it was the first advice I ever got (doesn't mean it's true though).
Then later I read that if you eat a meal later on the effects will be enhanced. That I did NOT find to be true.
I have always gone with the empty stomach as it was the first advice I ever got (doesn't mean it's true though).
Then later I read that if you eat a meal later on the effects will be enhanced. That I did NOT find to be true.
-
Ilikerafts
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:22 pm
Re: Kratom and food
I always wait 3-4 hours before I dose and then two hours after I dose to eat again to keep a regular level. Dosing once every 6 hours seems to be an ideal time to dose anyway I think, despite many people opposing and thinking it's better to wait at least 8 hours to wait between doses. I think it also matters on how much and would you eat in between that makes a difference. Obviously if you eat a large protein and fat rich meal it's going to take longer to clear your stomach out then it would be if you were to just eat a bowl of cereal or so. But any food at all in the stomach is going to inhibit digestion of Earth kratom and therefore weaken/slow the onset. In my experience the best dose of the day is always the first after waking and before eating. That's the way I've always done it with any drug I've taken that I wanted to have some sort of peak whether it be a psychedelic or an opiate I waited till stomach was completely empty. I'm not totally sure on the science but that's the way I always have done it since I was a young drug taker and it always made sense to me. The leaar food that's in the stomach the quicker the drug is going to interact with the blood in the stomach and metabolize.
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Kratom and food
First dose of the day used to be my best, but in the past year I have found my last dose to be best.
Food always completely kills the effects for me. Empty stomach, or 2-3 hours after eating works best for me in my experience.
Food always completely kills the effects for me. Empty stomach, or 2-3 hours after eating works best for me in my experience.
-
Love_Redz
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 215
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 1:51 pm
Re: Kratom and food
I always get better burns with some food, I just try never to eat to much, I find if I eat to much it diminishes the effects, but everyone is different,what works for someone might not work for someone else
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Kratom and food
Sometimes I eat right after a burn hits and it increases the warmth particularly with fatty foods
- KBull
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm
Re: Kratom and food
Interesting info about the vitamin c, brave7777. I’ll have to buy some before it really sky rockets! Never taken any with kratom really. Better have some in stock for good burns and virus safety!
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Kratom and food
Is it true that if you get the wobbles you should eat something?
-
FireK
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 833
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Kratom and food
If I get wobbles I try a little stem/vein or a bent....like 1.5-2g seems to help and eating has helped too, ive heard burnt toast for the carbon but haven't tried that
-
pray4peace4
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 444
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am
Re: Kratom and food
Being going on 4 years with kratom, I've many times run up against that wall of tolerance/fading effects. I've done the whole gamut of potentiators, agmatine, rotating strains, etc & never had any luck. I have noticed that my old stock from 2017 & earlier are still exceptionally good. But my favorite strain has been ebbing away in strength. Last week I decided to try something different . I now take my first kratom dose of the day before coffee instead of after. OMG. It's like night & day difference. My kratom is like new again from just this simple change.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Kratom and food
pray4peace4 wrote:Being going on 4 years with kratom, I've many times run up against that wall of tolerance/fading effects. I've done the whole gamut of potentiators, agmatine, rotating strains, etc & never had any luck. I have noticed that my old stock from 2017 & earlier are still exceptionally good. But my favorite strain has been ebbing away in strength. Last week I decided to try something different . I now take my first kratom dose of the day before coffee instead of after. OMG. It's like night & day difference. My kratom is like new again from just this simple change.
Yes, i noticed diminished burns when I'd drink coffee before...now i always wait around 20 minutes after dosing to drink coffee...works every time....well, not every time but almost.
I also noticed that the more coffee i drink will overpower my burn, so i limit myself to 1-2 cups of coffee, anymore than that will diminish my second dose of the day....
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Kratom and food
CatfatherB wrote:pray4peace4 wrote:Being going on 4 years with kratom, I've many times run up against that wall of tolerance/fading effects. I've done the whole gamut of potentiators, agmatine, rotating strains, etc & never had any luck. I have noticed that my old stock from 2017 & earlier are still exceptionally good. But my favorite strain has been ebbing away in strength. Last week I decided to try something different . I now take my first kratom dose of the day before coffee instead of after. OMG. It's like night & day difference. My kratom is like new again from just this simple change.
Yes, i noticed diminished burns when I'd drink coffee before...now i always wait around 20 minutes after dosing to drink coffee...works every time....well, not every time but almost.
I also noticed that the more coffee i drink will overpower my burn, so i limit myself to 1-2 cups of coffee, anymore than that will diminish my second dose of the day....
yap, kratom first then pretty much sip on coffee after. I limit my coffee use to like 1 or 2 times a week. depends what coffee some is better then other brands in my opinion but most should work.
Kratom user since 2014!
- creatus
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm
Re: Kratom and food
Agreed. People are different but I am one who gets very little effects from kratom on an empty stomach. I like to dose on an empty stomach and then cook a meal. By the time the meal is ready the dose has kicked in and eating doubles the effects for me.
Since Vitamin C came up, I recommend mixing Ascorbic Acid with your kratom tea. All it is is natural water-soluble vitamin C but it's also a antioxidant and the acidity helps to break down the kratom leaf and makes the dose kick in faster.
Honestly - Kratom is an amazing medicinal plant just how it encourages good health to feel the best effects. It is far less deceptive then other things. You can't live like a junkie and use kratom effectively.
Since Vitamin C came up, I recommend mixing Ascorbic Acid with your kratom tea. All it is is natural water-soluble vitamin C but it's also a antioxidant and the acidity helps to break down the kratom leaf and makes the dose kick in faster.
Honestly - Kratom is an amazing medicinal plant just how it encourages good health to feel the best effects. It is far less deceptive then other things. You can't live like a junkie and use kratom effectively.
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Kratom and food
This happens routinely to me, but I find most is my diet.
First, it helps to eat healthy. By doing so, your body is likely alkaline, and that totally helps metabolize kratom (easiest way to think of this is acidic/basic). The more stomach acid that contacts kratom for a longer time, the less is absorbed. Alkaline conditions allow for slow absorption, as the pH of the acid is more neutral. Below is chart of awesome alkaline foods to help eat more kratom friendly lol.
The second thing is to eat things that take a long time to digest and are super easy on the liver, giving your liver more ability to metabolize the mitra into pseu and 7ohm. This would be fatty foods with low animal proteins (nuts, olive/coconut oils).
Are you in keto or eat super healthy?

First, it helps to eat healthy. By doing so, your body is likely alkaline, and that totally helps metabolize kratom (easiest way to think of this is acidic/basic). The more stomach acid that contacts kratom for a longer time, the less is absorbed. Alkaline conditions allow for slow absorption, as the pH of the acid is more neutral. Below is chart of awesome alkaline foods to help eat more kratom friendly lol.
The second thing is to eat things that take a long time to digest and are super easy on the liver, giving your liver more ability to metabolize the mitra into pseu and 7ohm. This would be fatty foods with low animal proteins (nuts, olive/coconut oils).
Are you in keto or eat super healthy?
