Are there additives in kratom?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Ankul
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:58 pm

Are there additives in kratom?

Post by Ankul »

Hey everyone!! I can't thank everyone enough for this forum. I have been reading posts on here promise 2 years now, and it has given me a wealth of information that's incredibly valuable!!!

I have a quick question... There are some people who have certain dietary restrictions. Is all kratom out there 100% leaf/vein/stem or is there a possibility for certain vendors to add in various additives and chemicals?

Thanks so much in advance!!!
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Are there additives in kratom?

Post by acejestyr15 »

Ankul wrote:Hey everyone!! I can't thank everyone enough for this forum. I have been reading posts on here promise 2 years now, and it has given me a wealth of information that's incredibly valuable!!!

I have a quick question... There are some people who have certain dietary restrictions. Is all kratom out there 100% leaf/vein/stem or is there a possibility for certain vendors to add in various additives and chemicals?

Thanks so much in advance!!!
Kratom from any reputable vendors especially ones reviewed here is a 100% natural and organic product.

If there is anything else in a vendors product than it has been adultered and definitely shouldn't buy it!!
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Are there additives in kratom?

Post by mivanqua »

acejestyr15 wrote:
Ankul wrote:Hey everyone!! I can't thank everyone enough for this forum. I have been reading posts on here promise 2 years now, and it has given me a wealth of information that's incredibly valuable!!!

I have a quick question... There are some people who have certain dietary restrictions. Is all kratom out there 100% leaf/vein/stem or is there a possibility for certain vendors to add in various additives and chemicals?

Thanks so much in advance!!!
Kratom from any reputable vendors especially ones reviewed here is a 100% natural and organic product.

The thing is though, ace, the vendor may not be complicit in this additive situation. Some vendors, but not ALL, have been to Indo to check out the scene. Even THOSE vendors can't police what goes on in day to day operations half a world away. It's literally impossible to know what's really going on and in your kratom without a battery of expensive tests.and even then, what does testing a 50 gram sample of a three ton order REALLY mean?
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Are there additives in kratom?

Post by acejestyr15 »

mivanqua wrote:
acejestyr15 wrote:
Ankul wrote:Hey everyone!! I can't thank everyone enough for this forum. I have been reading posts on here promise 2 years now, and it has given me a wealth of information that's incredibly valuable!!!

I have a quick question... There are some people who have certain dietary restrictions. Is all kratom out there 100% leaf/vein/stem or is there a possibility for certain vendors to add in various additives and chemicals?

Thanks so much in advance!!!
Kratom from any reputable vendors especially ones reviewed here is a 100% natural and organic product.

The thing is though, ace, the vendor may not be complicit in this additive situation. Some vendors, but not ALL, have been to Indo to check out the scene. Even THOSE vendors can't police what goes on in day to day operations half a world away. It's literally impossible to know what's really going on and in your kratom without a battery of expensive tests.and even then, what does testing a 50 gram sample of a three ton order REALLY mean?
I think that's a rather extremely cynical view on the situation far as Kratom goes.... Like I said, especially with vendors here. I feel quite confident that any of our popular and reputable vendors here, especially ones who do even the slightest testing have all natural clean organic Kratom. And in all reality, I would figure that a very very high percentage of all Kratom is that way...

How's it cost effective to add anything else??? What does anyone benefit?! Kratom is such a cheap product to begin with that most anything that one would add would also completely kill all profit to be made.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Are there additives in kratom?

Post by mivanqua »

I read somewhere that matcha is cheaper than kratom over there. It's not meant to be cynical, it's just true statistically speaking. I'm sure most of us have found odd shit in our kratom before the salmonella beef up/addition of metal detectors and those hairs that are "leaf veins" yeah, ok. I don't think they are spraying the leaves or anything like that, I'm more saying that the very nature of kratom (dried for days, ground into dust, etc.) doesn't lend much to the cleanliness as a whole and if they DID want to add a leaf of one form or another during the grinding process, we'd never have a clue. I mean, fuck all that, even the mystery hairs (indo pubes according to reddit. Haha!) I LOVE the stuff and will take my chances, even against the practically undefeatable propaganda machine. Don't get the wrong idea, homie!
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: Are there additives in kratom?

Post by Marcussk »

Just heat water to 170 degrees, right before the boiling point, and make tea so you dont have to worry
Post Reply