Anxiety

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
sydylo2
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:24 am

Anxiety

Post by sydylo2 »

I have severe anxiety, like don’t want to go out in public anxiety. What are some good strains for anxiety relief?
Thank you!
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Anxiety

Post by Payshince »

I have moderate-severe Social Anxiety myself so I know how debilitating and distressful this evil disorder can be!

What vendors are you familiar with and what strains colors do you typically go for and which do you Not like?

It’s kinda tricky narrowing down what (may) work without knowing key details about you.
- Payshince
sydylo2
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:24 am

Re: Anxiety

Post by sydylo2 »

I have ordered Leaves of Eden and THF.
My first purchase from each was:
LOE white maeng da
THF white Sumatra
I was initially looking for something for energy (I am chronically anemic, have to get iron infusions, but don’t really want to go sit in the hospital outpatient for this right now)
Previously, I bought WMD from a tobacco store, capsules, Logic was the brand, and it worked really well. They are considered non-essential right now, so I researched this forum and ordered from the above places.
The price and customer service at both places is awesome! But, I’m finding that my anxiety is increased greatly when I take either powder.
Thank you for any help!
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Anxiety

Post by acejestyr15 »

sydylo2 wrote:I have ordered Leaves of Eden and THF.
My first purchase from each was:
LOE white maeng da
THF white Sumatra
I was initially looking for something for energy (I am chronically anemic, have to get iron infusions, but don’t really want to go sit in the hospital outpatient for this right now)
Previously, I bought WMD from a tobacco store, capsules, Logic was the brand, and it worked really well. They are considered non-essential right now, so I researched this forum and ordered from the above places.
The price and customer service at both places is awesome! But, I’m finding that my anxiety is increased greatly when I take either powder.
Thank you for any help!
I would suggest trying a lower dosage of it's ramping up anxiety. It may just be a lot more potent than the smoke shop stuff you're used to....
User avatar
creatus
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:13 pm

Re: Anxiety

Post by creatus »

Personally I find a good gold or yellow strain can be some of the best for mood boost or anti anxiety. But it really varies strain to strain, each is unique. I've had good Baik Bali, Red Sunda, and Green strains that could be far superior replacements to some anti anxiety medications that are out there.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Anxiety

Post by brave777 »

sydylo2 wrote:I have ordered Leaves of Eden and THF.
My first purchase from each was:
LOE white maeng da
THF white Sumatra
I was initially looking for something for energy (I am chronically anemic, have to get iron infusions, but don’t really want to go sit in the hospital outpatient for this right now)
Previously, I bought WMD from a tobacco store, capsules, Logic was the brand, and it worked really well. They are considered non-essential right now, so I researched this forum and ordered from the above places.
The price and customer service at both places is awesome! But, I’m finding that my anxiety is increased greatly when I take either powder.
Thank you for any help!

Aww both whites? white you have to take very little since its known if you over take it in any way some people get anxiety.. best bet would of been reds, since they more mild in effect and never giver anxiety, second bet would of been on greens, some greens that ae to fast can cause anxiety but mid spec or slow green usually dont. Last one you want to get is whites.. But no worry, take very very little of it so you dont get anxiety. And remember its more potent and not weak kratom like in smoke shops, so start with 1 gram, Measure it! Dont go over 3 grams with whites. Reds i can easy take 5-8 grams with no issue but white i am always careful. I did take some over and it become not enjoyable after that. But white if taken right amount for me it better then reds and green. To find sweet spot, start very little and build up to find the sweet spot, dont add coffee with it since it will make white kick in faster and mess with you finding the sweet spot. Once you get it right, you can start adding coffee later. Just mu thoughts on it. I really hope you find your sweet spot. May i ask what your dose?
Kratom user since 2014!
User avatar
swablero
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
Location: NY

Re: Anxiety

Post by swablero »

brave777 wrote: Aww both whites? white you have to take very little since its known if you over take it in any way some people get anxiety.. best bet would of been reds, since they more mild in effect and never giver anxiety, second bet would of been on greens, some greens that ae to fast can cause anxiety but mid spec or slow green usually dont. Last one you want to get is whites.. But no worry, take very very little of it so you dont get anxiety. And remember its more potent and not weak kratom like in smoke shops, so start with 1 gram, Measure it! Dont go over 3 grams with whites. Reds i can easy take 5-8 grams with no issue but white i am always careful. I did take some over and it become not enjoyable after that. But white if taken right amount for me it better then reds and green. To find sweet spot, start very little and build up to find the sweet spot, dont add coffee with it since it will make white kick in faster and mess with you finding the sweet spot. Once you get it right, you can start adding coffee later. Just mu thoughts on it. I really hope you find your sweet spot. May i ask what your dose?
I think you should stay away from whites in general and in any dosage with anxiety. Most just have a different alkaloid profile then you need and some are even more energetic at low doses. There are rare whites that have a slow profile but they are harder to find.

You should look for a slow positive red or green. You'll see adjectives like "motivating", "mood boosting" "euphoric" There is a tyranny of adjectives. Find what works for you. Beware that some people like slow analgesic reds that may or may not be ideal for an anxiety problem. You can also blend to get exactly what you want. Look for something "midspec" with a "positive vibe" and experiment with blending till you get what works for you in a given situation. Hopefully youll find some strains, red or green that are relaxing and positive. In my opinion stay away from gold and yellows unless they have a slow profile. But remember they are a blend so different qualities can come out at different points of the burn. Yes as Brave says start low and see how it feels. Kratom will vary in potency vendor to vendor and batch to batch. You need to experiment.and get to know yourself.

Selecting good leaf that works for you is not always so straightforward. On a forum like Double MM everyone has their favorite vendors and they will make suggestions. Do not be easily persuaded about anything. Remember there are some good vendors out there but you should do your research and look for a consensus of opinion cause what works for some doesn't always work for everyone. There are biases. ;) Good luck.
sydylo2
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:24 am

Re: Anxiety

Post by sydylo2 »

Thank you everyone!

I take 1 tsp (I need to get a scale!)

I think I shall try some red and green.

I appreciate the input!
Ezriderx2x
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:02 am

Re: Anxiety

Post by Ezriderx2x »

Just blend some red or green with the white to help with anxiety.
NEFbotanicals
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:55 am
Location: West Borneo

Re: Anxiety

Post by NEFbotanicals »

mostly green, it makes your mood back
Sneakers
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:27 am

Re: Anxiety

Post by Sneakers »

I agree with swablero. A green is probably best. I do like yellows and golds, but when it comes to social anxiety these could be too slow. The reason I say that is not only do you need anxiety relief, but you need something to give you enough "pep" to not want to just chill at home. Your best chance is with a green. For me, SOSA's greens work well, I like the green brunei and agus green bone. These relax me but also give me a really positive and optimistic feeling. Being positive and optimistic seems to be a good attitude to have to overcome social anxiety. LOE and TFH both have good green strains you could try. Mitraman and Fused Flora would be the others off the top of my head. Its a bit of trial and error, and honestly Ive only found what I like by trying a lot of samples.
Damen ck
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 404
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:30 pm

Re: Anxiety

Post by Damen ck »

Not trying to give out medical advice, but do you have a doctor? There are some useful non-narcotic anti-anxiety medications that work well for social anxiety. I find that kratom certainly helps with anxiety, but on its own it's not really enough. Using both together, as long as it isn't contraindicated (kratom interacts well with pretty much everything) can be a lifesaver. Do a little research and talk to a doctor, if it's serious. Just my experience.

Granted, the current pandemic may impede your ability to see a health care worker, but something to keep in mind for the long term.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Anxiety

Post by acejestyr15 »

Damen ck wrote:Not trying to give out medical advice, but do you have a doctor? There are some useful non-narcotic anti-anxiety medications that work well for social anxiety. I find that kratom certainly helps with anxiety, but on its own it's not really enough. Using both together, as long as it isn't contraindicated (kratom interacts well with pretty much everything) can be a lifesaver. Do a little research and talk to a doctor, if it's serious. Just my experience.

Granted, the current pandemic may impede your ability to see a health care worker, but something to keep in mind for the long term.
Also keep in mind, many doctors do not react well to the Kratom conversation it seems.... So maybe do your own research on medication interactions first?! Then, if absolutely necessary, ask your doctor for advice if you think that said doc can have that convo without judging or even worse condemning....
User avatar
7ohm
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Anxiety

Post by 7ohm »

Studies have shown that Kratom reduces the levels of Cortisol in the brain (or the equivalent in mice), the stress hormone that wreaks havoc on your brain, including causing damage. There is a lot of anecdotal accounts of Kratom being highly effective for social anxiety on forums dating back over 10 years. There is also research showing seratonergic and dopaminergic activity as well as GABA.

What you might want:
a strain like Bali, which is roughly 40/60 green/red. It's the most universal strain in Indonesian Kratom Culture, and should all be relaxing. Malay, which is also roughly similar across vendors, is also said to have helpful properties.

What you might not want:
Maeng Da. Not everyone's MD is super jittery anymore. But, there used to be some bad ones out there before they started blending everything. Maeng Da usually doesn't have much stem and vein in it. Stronger strains have less stem and vein, and might cause adverse effects more easily.

There's anecdotal evidence that stem and vein has a relaxing effect, with it's own unique alkaloid profile. There are strains with a lot of stem and vein, which most people call "bunk", that are very subtle. People just don't notice it because they are looking for other effects. Those who suffer from anxiety might find it help with mood. A popular strain like this is Malay. Kalsel, which is a more obscure blend, is another one.

Anxiety relieving strains:
1) sedating red (Bali)
2) stem and vein
3) balanced alkaloid profile with lots of stem and vein (Malay, Kalsel)
Last edited by 7ohm on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Anxiety

Post by Oletimer »

I was just going to say that, redbali or green Bali, usually blended is my go for bad anxiety days, But I prefer to use pures, :mrgreen: E and blend my own, so I can adjust it to fit what ratio Will work best, depending on what the Level of anxiety I’m dealing with, But I’ve bought from several vendors ,there’s several good vendors out there, and I’ve got some that were good, but didn’t give me the anxiety relief I needed, most are blends, They can differ, batches, I’d blend a decent red Bali andwith green Bali from a different vendor, the mix of 2 different profiles sourced from different places, I’d find what I needed, ,,to handle stress, A little fermented adds to it, or bent, Also , I like a tanned, red Bali with a “green” red Bali a little ferm, a cocktail of several redbalis, I guess since they’re all blends anyhow, it balances out somehow, anxiety is a so different for everyone ya know, Social stuff doesn’t disturb me,Well now, these days, I can feel it, :cry:
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Anxiety

Post by Payshince »

I HAVE NOT READ THROUGH ALL COMMENTS
BUT!
Do not take Whites OP!
When I read that you’re taking one strain from each vendor and each one is a WHITE! Oh man... thats a big problem right there!!
:idea:
Stop taking Whites
Listen to Swablero and others
Take REDS, Greens, Golds, Yellows
Mostly Reds
But grab multiple different strains/ batches of a variety and DONT JUST STICK TO ONE WHITE STRAIN YOU ARE LIMITING YOURSELF IMMENSELY.

Over time you will find out which Whites will work for you but for now I would strongly urge you to Stop using Whites
And ESPECIALLY FAST STRAINS/ Batches!
:arrow:
Talk soon and take care :P
- Payshince
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Anxiety

Post by Payshince »

IF YOU CONSUME CAFFEINE TRY TO LIMIT YOURSELF FROM EXCESSIVE INTAKE BCUZ THATLL TRULY MANIFEST SOME Anxiety.
Whites Again*** are in my personal opinion and 2 years almost of experience are THE STRONGEST Between ALL colored vein Strains!
They’re very potent and as appealing as that may sound that is not always a good thing esp with anxiety!*

TFH* TexasFamilyHarvest (you said THF?) Im going to safely assume you meant TFH. His leaf is Strong
AND... so is LOE’s! Aka Leaves of Eden.
Ask Chris at TFH for some recommendations and even speaking to JSpain at LOE too!

Do not be afraid to contact a vendor about their leaf selection and ask for suggestions esp in your situation!

You got this! ;) :)
- Payshince
Oletimer
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Re: Anxiety

Post by Oletimer »

Yeap, I agree, stay away, they help with social anxiety, for a couple hours, then it’s easy to take all that Energy, and focus too much in your head,, sorta like bipolar up and then down, ,if my daughter takes them she’s all talkative, upbeat, social, and 3 hrs later be in tears, tripping about past “traumas”, Not all whites will do that, but generally a lot will, some yellows too, just my opinion, experience, might be totally different for someone wIth , oh adhd , for instance, idk :?:
Zeedra
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Re: Anxiety

Post by Zeedra »

sydylo2 wrote:I have ordered Leaves of Eden and THF.
My first purchase from each was:
LOE white maeng da
THF white Sumatra
I was initially looking for something for energy (I am chronically anemic, have to get iron infusions, but don’t really want to go sit in the hospital outpatient for this right now)
Previously, I bought WMD from a tobacco store, capsules, Logic was the brand, and it worked really well. They are considered non-essential right now, so I researched this forum and ordered from the above places.
The price and customer service at both places is awesome! But, I’m finding that my anxiety is increased greatly when I take either powder.
Thank you for any help!
I realize I'm piling on here lol but as someone that also suffers extreme anxiety, for sure consider trying different vein colors. My anxiety is primarily physical (worsened by socializing) and whites and many greens make it worse .Strain names don't actually mean anything, vendors just attach names based on the effects of the leaf. White tends to get attached to strains that they find speedy. Some green strains are also speedy, but some are sedating. Reds, golds, and some yellows tend to be on the sedating side more often than whites or greens. Personally (most) bentuagies don't work for me but they're definitely worth trying because the ones that do are amazing for anxiety and you may be one that responds well to bentuagie in general. Bentuagie refers to Kratom that is fermented and typically brown in color.

If anxiety is your primary reason for taking kratom, as mine is, sedating is the way to go, so I'd look up strains on here that have a high sedation rating in their reviews. Texas family harvest is the most popular vendor atm but they're currently closed to new members. Botanical bunny and smiley time are two popular vendors that do accept new orders. I'd order a Sampler and choose some reds, bents, and golds!
Spencemastaflex
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 pm

Re: Anxiety

Post by Spencemastaflex »

Try Liza's botanicals' "happy go lucky" blend. Also try more greens and reds. Try TFH's classic red maeng da, or get some Bali gold.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Anxiety

Post by brave777 »

Spencemastaflex wrote:Try Liza's botanicals' "happy go lucky" blend. Also try more greens and reds. Try TFH's classic red maeng da, or get some Bali gold.

I love happy go lucky from liza but with coffee it was a bit to fast for me almost close to anxiety but with out coffee its perfect for. Just a reminder to all to avoid coffee for a kicker when white or fast greens taken.
Kratom user since 2014!
Post Reply