1st Burn Syndrome

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

1st Burn Syndrome

Post by MycatTimmy »

I heard this term from Closedeyesearch in a different thread but was hoping to get some more information as I’ve never heard it before. But it’s happened to me before with every vendor/strain. Is this a tolerance issue or a specific batch issue or what ?
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by brave777 »

whats does 1st burn syndrome even mean??? LOL like its shit? and then it works?
Kratom user since 2014!
guitartodd77
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: Texas

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by guitartodd77 »

MycatTimmy wrote:I heard this term from Closedeyesearch in a different thread but was hoping to get some more information as I’ve never heard it before. But it’s happened to me before with every vendor/strain. Is this a tolerance issue or a specific batch issue or what ?
Are you referring to the primary reason why we should never review a batch based off of the 1st burn only? Never heard the term before until just now.
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by MycatTimmy »

I’ve never heard the term either. I know that I’ve had Kratom that was good the first time or two that I’ve taken it but on the 3 or 4th time effects were not as pronounced. Do y’all think maybe that’s what he meant ?
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by brave777 »

Well sometimes like 30% i get that as well, first time i feel nothing even good size dose. Honestly, on those strains, i do 2 steps. The one i didnt feel much, i commit dosing 3 times in a row. Second step is to take 6-10 hour break and try again. And i was shocked how potent it was while other stuff is really truly bunk. I rarely have bunk but i had some socal bunks i had to test and Gaia. You will know it bunk after following my 2 steps. Get back to me if you tired those 2 steps and it worked well for you. I have a feeling "1st time syndrome" is a good name for that, but maybe should be remained to "First time adjustment" , Once the body is used to that first time new batch, it will recognize it better next dose. :)
Kratom user since 2014!
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by jabro70 »

I’ve had it happen on both ends of the spectrum, LOL! I remember trying Sosa’s Super Green last March - at work, for the first time. It hit me so hard I was too impaired to attend an afternoon meeting I really needed to be present for. Subsequent burns were much less pronounced. :lol:
Then the other end of the spectrum- I think one of my first orders from KOG had Green Bunut and I was really excited for it because several people had commented on how good it was - my first burn with it (with expectations through the roof) was a disappointing “meh”. 2nd burn wasn’t much better, but then the 3rd burn absolutely floored me, as well as the next few. So I guess some.alkaloid profiles really through you for a loop from the get-go, but others take a little time to get to know.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by CatfatherB »

jabro70 wrote:I’ve had it happen on both ends of the spectrum, LOL! I remember trying Sosa’s Super Green last March - at work, for the first time. It hit me so hard I was too impaired to attend an afternoon meeting I really needed to be present for. Subsequent burns were much less pronounced. :lol:
Then the other end of the spectrum- I think one of my first orders from KOG had Green Bunut and I was really excited for it because several people had commented on how good it was - my first burn with it (with expectations through the roof) was a disappointing “meh”. 2nd burn wasn’t much better, but then the 3rd burn absolutely floored me, as well as the next few. So I guess some.alkaloid profiles really through you for a loop from the get-go, but others take a little time to get to know.

:lol: Hype is a motherf***er that's for sure!!
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by brave777 »

jabro70 wrote:I’ve had it happen on both ends of the spectrum, LOL! I remember trying Sosa’s Super Green last March - at work, for the first time. It hit me so hard I was too impaired to attend an afternoon meeting I really needed to be present for. Subsequent burns were much less pronounced. :lol:
Then the other end of the spectrum- I think one of my first orders from KOG had Green Bunut and I was really excited for it because several people had commented on how good it was - my first burn with it (with expectations through the roof) was a disappointing “meh”. 2nd burn wasn’t much better, but then the 3rd burn absolutely floored me, as well as the next few. So I guess some.alkaloid profiles really through you for a loop from the get-go, but others take a little time to get to know.
Agreed. Kratom is one of the plants you have to give few tries instead of one time, why make a big unhappy face and lock it up in some dark bin that says trash all over it. Back in reddit times from 1 time use i started leaving reviews and then learned i made a tons of mistakes and my opinion did a 360 angle on it. There is times some batches need to be introduced to body and other times it hits right away. Like i just did a Heaven leaf sample dose, Premium Red Kukai , very nice mellow relaxations , no stress no anxiety, even thought i had a long day today but i strictly tried using different greens in morning so i could save the red alkaloid profile for later tonight, it paid off, so after this message i am watch some youtube and maybe watch more on corona crap videos. I think we should make a rule, you cant post an review if you didnt try it 3 times or more of any batch. Or maybe try to stick to it but not like official rule. Alright i am go enjoy my Kukai. :)
Kratom user since 2014!
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by MycatTimmy »

I agree completely agree Brave. Third time is the charm !
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by Marcussk »

MycatTimmy wrote:I heard this term from Closedeyesearch in a different thread but was hoping to get some more information as I’ve never heard it before. But it’s happened to me before with every vendor/strain. Is this a tolerance issue or a specific batch issue or what ?
Are you rotating your strains. When I burn a strain its usually a couple of weeks before I come back to it, all my burns give me consistent effects that way.
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by MycatTimmy »

I wish I could rotate like that. It sounds wonderful. Unfortunately I’ve only been taking kratom for about a year with the first 4 months taking only head shop green Maeng Da. But now I currently have about 14 different batches that I take. I got 3 k from TFH and they are exceptional. I’m also currently buying from Denette with great results. I guess it’s just going to take time to build a decent enough stash to do that with. But I do make sure that I use from a different bag with every dose. Then that bag gets moved to the back of the rotation. I really didn’t know the importance of vendor rotation until I read Fused Flora’s post about it. At the time I was buying mainly from one vendor. Someone ought to write an
“ Everything you need to know about Kratom “ guide. They would make a lot of money lol. I know I’d buy it. But finding this forum and all the great people here has been a Godsend
Marcussk
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
Location: WNC

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by Marcussk »

MycatTimmy wrote:I wish I could rotate like that. It sounds wonderful. Unfortunately I’ve only been taking kratom for about a year with the first 4 months taking only head shop green Maeng Da. But now I currently have about 14 different batches that I take. I got 3 k from TFH and they are exceptional. I’m also currently buying from Denette with great results. I guess it’s just going to take time to build a decent enough stash to do that with. But I do make sure that I use from a different bag with every dose. Then that bag gets moved to the back of the rotation. I really didn’t know the importance of vendor rotation until I read Fused Flora’s post about it. At the time I was buying mainly from one vendor. Someone ought to write an
“ Everything you need to know about Kratom “ guide. They would make a lot of money lol. I know I’d buy it. But finding this forum and all the great people here has been a Godsend
:lol: believe it or not I'm working on a kratom cyclopaedia so to speak. It's all very much so a rough draft, there's about 200 pages so far. There are a few people that I need to ask about it though, since some of the info in it is info other people have published, I'll need their permission to keep it in the final product. I started of compiling and writing the book for myself and a few family members, because there is just so much information about kratom (behind the scenes, the science involved, and dosing). I'm wondering if I should finish it and publish it.
MycatTimmy
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
Location: Texas

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by MycatTimmy »

I think that’s a wonderful idea ! I would definitely read it multiple times. If you need any help remembering things from a newcomers point of view let me know. I remember well those months of trying to figure out the abbreviations, tolerance, rotation etc. It’s easy to find the “ red is slow, white is fast etc “ info. But the rest is extremely difficult and time consuming. Though it was and still is fun. Also please take the info beyond that first year stage. That’s where I am now and would love to find more info on stem and vein, tolerance reduction such as the PEA thread, strain rotation versus vendor rotation, things like that. How many vendors do you need, how to find the good ones. Sorry I’m running on and on but you got me excited lol
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by brave777 »

Marcussk wrote:
MycatTimmy wrote:I wish I could rotate like that. It sounds wonderful. Unfortunately I’ve only been taking kratom for about a year with the first 4 months taking only head shop green Maeng Da. But now I currently have about 14 different batches that I take. I got 3 k from TFH and they are exceptional. I’m also currently buying from Denette with great results. I guess it’s just going to take time to build a decent enough stash to do that with. But I do make sure that I use from a different bag with every dose. Then that bag gets moved to the back of the rotation. I really didn’t know the importance of vendor rotation until I read Fused Flora’s post about it. At the time I was buying mainly from one vendor. Someone ought to write an
“ Everything you need to know about Kratom “ guide. They would make a lot of money lol. I know I’d buy it. But finding this forum and all the great people here has been a Godsend
:lol: believe it or not I'm working on a kratom cyclopaedia so to speak. It's all very much so a rough draft, there's about 200 pages so far. There are a few people that I need to ask about it though, since some of the info in it is info other people have published, I'll need their permission to keep it in the final product. I started of compiling and writing the book for myself and a few family members, because there is just so much information about kratom (behind the scenes, the science involved, and dosing). I'm wondering if I should finish it and publish it.
Anything related to kratom, is always a good idea to make book or available info to public. We already have some parts in USA planted kratom, the battle is not over and soon, give it 5 - 10 years we will get out kratom domestically grown. I just wish more people in florida and california and maybe other warm climate states would jumo on it right away. Even if you live there and you think you would love doing this, do please open it if can. How cool would it be to get Green Florida or Green California. :) ))
Kratom user since 2014!
Bestboy143
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by Bestboy143 »

So annoying if it's what I think it means. I got an enormous amount from High Sierra Herbals of a specific batch a while back that absolutely crushed my pain and gave such amazing energy for 2 weeks, and now it's like a dud. At least I know it's great kratom and it's just my tolerance to that leaf that's the problem. I'm going to try longer rotation intervals between vendors, like a week or two and see what happens.
Closedeyesearch
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Re: 1st Burn Syndrome

Post by Closedeyesearch »

FBS.
for me. it can go both ways. speciosa can be fickle and it can be overwhelming.
sometimes hype makes the first burn shitty. (anticipation killed thru expectation)
and sometimes after a burn or two. , you spend time chasing the first for a while.
I'm always baffled by this leaf that blessed my life
Post Reply