Their service is great and they are so friendly, I'm really hoping I'm doing something wrong - I don't want to switch suppliers!
Canopy quality on the decline?
-
kratomite
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:23 pm
Canopy quality on the decline?
I have been buying from Canopy for at least 6 months now, and for a while they were consistently excellent. However, I feel like over the last couple months, the effectiveness has dropped significantly. While I understand this could be a personal tolerance issue, I'm not convinced, because I still have managed to get a good burn every now and then. Their Green Malay seems to be the best for me, while my old favorite, WMD, seems to do next-to-nothing for me. I always rotate strains, so I'm not sure what to make of all this 
Their service is great and they are so friendly, I'm really hoping I'm doing something wrong - I don't want to switch suppliers!
Their service is great and they are so friendly, I'm really hoping I'm doing something wrong - I don't want to switch suppliers!
-
biofluke
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
I made my first order from Canopy about 1-2 months ago. It was not up to the same quality level of what I am used to, but all my other stuff is from DG and KOG though so I know that is a pretty high bar to compare to.
I recently got their Green Ketapang, Green Malay, Green Asia, and White Ketapang. The Green Ketapang and Green Asia were ok, I'd rate them about a 5 or 6 out of 10. Not very pronounced effects, but I am overdue for the T-break so it could be that. Havent tried the white ketapang yet.
However the green malay I felt was pretty weak and I started getting WD symptoms after 4 hours.
What batch green malay do you have that you like?
This is very possibly due to the whole "rainy season", which has been ending and new vendors have been getting new, much more potent stock.
I recently got their Green Ketapang, Green Malay, Green Asia, and White Ketapang. The Green Ketapang and Green Asia were ok, I'd rate them about a 5 or 6 out of 10. Not very pronounced effects, but I am overdue for the T-break so it could be that. Havent tried the white ketapang yet.
However the green malay I felt was pretty weak and I started getting WD symptoms after 4 hours.
What batch green malay do you have that you like?
This is very possibly due to the whole "rainy season", which has been ending and new vendors have been getting new, much more potent stock.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
Bingo. This year, remember, we had the November Panic on 11/15 - when most every US vendor got completely wiped out!! Followed by lesser, mini panic buying in Dec and again after Jan IIRC ..Very possibly due to the whole "rainy season", which has been ending ...
The Nov buying panic did totally clear out ALL the good Summer 2017 leaf .. by Feb vendors had re-stocked with lesser quality, rainy season kratom. Even fans of DG Botanicals saying it's just average .. But even worse! Along with the AKA/ FDA bullshit don't forget there was also a BOOM happening in terms of demand. Yes.. Demand boomed, while Supply went bust.
Chain Reaction! Vendors ALL contacted their Indo suppliers in Dec through Feb 2018.. wanting to re-stock. A huge WAVE of buying happened .. and the Indo's are certainly not going to turn down business! Orders were filled with whatever crap they could scrape together. Money!!
This HAS been the USA "situation" for many months, and we're just now seeing good fresh Summer leaf.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
Jessdkmon
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:55 pm
- Location: Baltimore-ish, MD
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
Don't forget a bunch of vendors couldn't process payments so they prob had stock stored extra long [canopy] And the rest of the vendors got slammed and completely pillaged down to nothing again a couple months ago :/BallzDeep9 wrote:Bingo. This year, remember, we had the November Panic on 11/15 - when most every US vendor got completely wiped out!! Followed by lesser, mini panic buying in Dec and again after Jan IIRC ..Very possibly due to the whole "rainy season", which has been ending ...
The Nov buying panic did totally clear out ALL the good Summer 2017 leaf .. by Feb vendors had re-stocked with lesser quality, rainy season kratom. Even fans of DG Botanicals saying it's just average .. But even worse! Along with the AKA/ FDA bullshit don't forget there was also a BOOM happening in terms of demand. Yes.. Demand boomed, while Supply went bust.![]()
Chain Reaction! Vendors ALL contacted their Indo suppliers in Dec through Feb 2018.. wanting to re-stock. A huge WAVE of buying happened .. and the Indo's are certainly not going to turn down business! Orders were filled with whatever crap they could scrape together. Money!!
This HAS been the USA "situation" for many months, and we're just now seeing good fresh Summer leaf.
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
Canopy is quite hit or miss for me. I've had a few strains that did absolutely nothing for me, but also others that are normally high quality and consistent such as Gold Bali and White Sumatra. Also, I had some white elephant from Canopy last summer that was some of the best kratom I've ever had. It was an incredible batch. I have another bag of white elephant that I ordered this past winter, but haven't opened yet. Hoping it's just as good. And yes, their customer service is among the best. Overall great vendor and I always recommend them.
- cheddarbear
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 am
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
Yeah me too. That shit Was rediculous good. Last time I felt kratom like that.e_poison wrote: Also, I had some white elephant from Canopy last summer that was some of the best kratom I've ever had.
- DrPsilocybong
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
I've been taking kratom about two months. Are you telling me I've been taking junk and it's about to get better? I made an order with Johnson's right before they closed and it is the best leaf I've had. I should be getting half a kilo from Liza today.BallzDeep9 wrote: This HAS been the USA "situation" for many months, and we're just now seeing good fresh Summer leaf.
- cheddarbear
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 am
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
The thing is, they’ve always been inconsistent. One of the reasons I haven’t ordered from them in about a year. But yeah I have also gotten some great kratom from them as well. Particularly that white elephant. Also, if I remember correctly everyone used to always rave about their hulu’s.
-
whiffypants
- Banned
- Posts: 1418
- Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:11 am
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
You haven't been taking "junk" necessarily, but there is a noticeable difference in quality between kratom harvested at different times. I don't want to overexaggerate it, but it does exist, and kratom harvested in the fall tends to be the very best.DrPsilocybong wrote:I've been taking kratom about two months. Are you telling me I've been taking junk and it's about to get better? I made an order with Johnson's right before they closed and it is the best leaf I've had. I should be getting half a kilo from Liza today.
Another reason to rotate all your strains regularly: as you buy and accumulate more kratom at different times of the year, the difference becomes less important on a personal level, because you're keeping your specific strain tolerance low, no matter what you took today you'll take something else tomorrow, and your stashes of strains that are your own personal faves last a lot longer.
But even so, let's just say -- I think you're going to enjoy your recent purchases.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
There IS competition among US vendors.. Who "gets to buy" the best harvest, from the highest rated Indo suppliers?
Here's how it works. Indo supplier gets a reputation for GOOD quality kratom... suddenly he gets contacted by 2-3 NEW vendors in USA who want to stock his fiiyah product .. However! He only has so much to sell! Demand exceeds Supply.
The respected Indo's are honest and don't try to please everyone, don't water down their leaf, and don't SELL what they don't HAVE.. US vendors who were 1st to take a chance & support that Indo.. are rewarded with long term friendship & get the 1st pick on fresh harvest.
For example: Canopy comes along, Alan hears that (XXX supplier) has great quality. He calls the Indo on WhatsApp offering to buy.. Indo says thank you, but I already supply (Justin Kats, K-OG, Botanical Bunny, Acadica, etc) so it's gonna be awhile. Canopy NEEDS a re-stock so he's forced to buy from his second choice supplier... I know for a fact, this does happen and Canopy was not getting 1st pick on fresh stock, at least from 1 popular Indo supplier last year.
Indo's ALSO have competition. Several friends each have their US vendor accounts. When 1 Indo contacts the US account & sends samples, it could be seen as "poaching" by his friend, the Indo who is currently supplying that account.
Here's how it works. Indo supplier gets a reputation for GOOD quality kratom... suddenly he gets contacted by 2-3 NEW vendors in USA who want to stock his fiiyah product .. However! He only has so much to sell! Demand exceeds Supply.
The respected Indo's are honest and don't try to please everyone, don't water down their leaf, and don't SELL what they don't HAVE.. US vendors who were 1st to take a chance & support that Indo.. are rewarded with long term friendship & get the 1st pick on fresh harvest.
For example: Canopy comes along, Alan hears that (XXX supplier) has great quality. He calls the Indo on WhatsApp offering to buy.. Indo says thank you, but I already supply (Justin Kats, K-OG, Botanical Bunny, Acadica, etc) so it's gonna be awhile. Canopy NEEDS a re-stock so he's forced to buy from his second choice supplier... I know for a fact, this does happen and Canopy was not getting 1st pick on fresh stock, at least from 1 popular Indo supplier last year.
Indo's ALSO have competition. Several friends each have their US vendor accounts. When 1 Indo contacts the US account & sends samples, it could be seen as "poaching" by his friend, the Indo who is currently supplying that account.
Last edited by BallzDeep9 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
The first kratom I got from Canopy didn't do much for me, but I gave them a couple more tries anyway. I think Canopy just doesn't work for my system. Good customer service though!
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
I have a truckload of unopened canopy from last December, and I’m selling it, along with the majority of my obscenely large stash. The quality was good then...
The Red Queen
-
Payshince
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1140
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
- Location: NH
Re: Canopy quality on the decline?
All of this information is extremely helpful, so thank you all!
I just started using Kratom the beginning of this past Summer in June, 2018. I have been using Mystic Island, (Canopy) of course, and Precious Mitre, some Kats B too. I just started using BB and KOG!
Canopy was a hit or miss for me too and this info tells me a lot!
I always appreciated Canopy in general, customer service, product, etc. Although I did get some tension headaches the first cpl times I used them earlier this past summer.* Now that I think of it, I haven’t touched any Borneo and any Maeng Das since I got those nasty headaches from Canopys batches. I seem to get headaches more often than not these days from particular batches like some Hulu?... which is unfortunate so it may not even be related to the batches! Idk..
Obv I shouldnt let those batches scare me off from those two strains because every batch is diff and like I said about Canopy despite those (Red&White Borneo and Maeng Da) to be exact, batches I still like Canopy a lot! (Some vendors get good and bad) as we all know...
I dont meant to throw Canopy under the bus just trying to be honest and hope to shed some insight onto some if not more like you all did for me!
So thank you, and thank you Canopy
Also, will be putting in extra OT so I can afford Novembers and Decembers batches of products from various vendors. I cannot wait to see the reviews!

- Payshince
I just started using Kratom the beginning of this past Summer in June, 2018. I have been using Mystic Island, (Canopy) of course, and Precious Mitre, some Kats B too. I just started using BB and KOG!
Canopy was a hit or miss for me too and this info tells me a lot!
I always appreciated Canopy in general, customer service, product, etc. Although I did get some tension headaches the first cpl times I used them earlier this past summer.* Now that I think of it, I haven’t touched any Borneo and any Maeng Das since I got those nasty headaches from Canopys batches. I seem to get headaches more often than not these days from particular batches like some Hulu?... which is unfortunate so it may not even be related to the batches! Idk..
Obv I shouldnt let those batches scare me off from those two strains because every batch is diff and like I said about Canopy despite those (Red&White Borneo and Maeng Da) to be exact, batches I still like Canopy a lot! (Some vendors get good and bad) as we all know...
I dont meant to throw Canopy under the bus just trying to be honest and hope to shed some insight onto some if not more like you all did for me!
So thank you, and thank you Canopy
Also, will be putting in extra OT so I can afford Novembers and Decembers batches of products from various vendors. I cannot wait to see the reviews!
- Payshince
- Payshince