Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
-
NMKrato
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 am
Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
So I usually get my crushed leaf from Texas Herbs and Botanicals and it is very good, they also have all three colors crushed. They're out and have been for a bit which sucks. Any suggestions on other good crushed vendors? I saw RVA has crushed in green and red, so has anyone tried it? Canopy has some red ramahen crushed leaf which is good, but I've had it alot and want to try new.
- cheddarbear
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
They just started carrying a couple days ago so idk if anyone has tried it yet.
-
Oliverclothesoff
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:40 pm
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
I'll let you know when mail gets here Thurs
-
NMKrato
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Thanks I appreciate that! Do you make tea with crushed more often than taking powder? Did you grab anything other than the crushed from them?
-
Oliverclothesoff
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:40 pm
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Yeah i make tea 100% of the time with both crushed and powder. Bought a split kilo from RVA. I also ordered a 4 way split kilo from THB
-
NMKrato
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
You'll have to let me know how everything is from RVA. I do tea 80%of the time and when I'm crunched for time, I'll t&w when necessary. Are you talking about treasure house botanicals or texas herbs & botanicals?
-
Oliverclothesoff
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:40 pm
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Will do! The 4 way split was from Texas Herb. Ordered RMD, Red Bali, GMD and Grn Malay. The crushed leaf i got from them was great, but sold out before i could re-order.
-
NMKrato
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
How's that crushed from RVA Oliver?
-
Oliverclothesoff
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:40 pm
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Just got it..USPS delays. Got some green brewing right now.
-
Oliverclothesoff
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:40 pm
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
The green was a straight 6/10 for me. Mid spectrum green with decent energy(not jittery) mood lift (not too warm) and a bit of pain relief. Burn lasted 2-3 hrs. I didn't have time to freeze my dose, so i just dropped 5g into a pot with water and lemon juice. Simmered for 25 min and strained. The tea was a bit more on the yellow side than i normally like but it got the job done.
I bought a split kilo and got 500g of a mid spec green for $32. Nothing to complain about that.
The red crushed leaf is in the freezer "bubbling" up. I'll brew it first thing tomorrow. When i cracked the bag it looked and smelled great!!
Sorry this took so long. I wasn't expecting such a long delay with USPS. Even gifts i ordered from Amazon are 4-5 days late being delivered.
I bought a split kilo and got 500g of a mid spec green for $32. Nothing to complain about that.
The red crushed leaf is in the freezer "bubbling" up. I'll brew it first thing tomorrow. When i cracked the bag it looked and smelled great!!
Sorry this took so long. I wasn't expecting such a long delay with USPS. Even gifts i ordered from Amazon are 4-5 days late being delivered.
-
NMKrato
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
No worries at all! Thank you for reviewing, I'm completely out of crushed so I apologize for my lack of patience. I will definitely get my cart loaded up with some of that green and wait to hear back about the red. I've never froze my crushed, only my powder. I dont know why that never crossed my mind, but I definitely should start doing that. Also, I'd like to hear what you think of the powder you got from them. Might add some to the purchase to accompany the crushed if they have anything worth splitting the kilo up more.
- WotAnAtti2d
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 337
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Hey NM, I was selling crushed leaf for awhile. I'm going to try to get another shipment soon. I have some great green Bentuangie left. If you'd like to try a free sample, please send me a PM, and I'll get one to you for you to try. I haven't had any complaints about it and I use it myself.
-
NMKrato
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Just sent you a PM. Texas Herbs and Botanicals just posted more crushed but their price went from 25$ for 250g to 35$
I mean, I'm still going to pick up some green but dang!
-
Kunlong
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:26 pm
- Location: New Mexico, USA
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Oh yeah....NMKrato wrote:Just sent you a PM. Texas Herbs and Botanicals just posted more crushed but their price went from 25$ for 250g to 35$I mean, I'm still going to pick up some green but dang!
SO, leaf people, is there any noticeable potency difference between crushed and ultra fine?
-
NMKrato
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
No potency difference at all IMO. It's just much easier to make tea out of for me. If you're into tea over t&w, crushed is where it's at.
-
Kunlong
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:26 pm
- Location: New Mexico, USA
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Thank youNMKrato wrote:No potency difference at all IMO. It's just much easier to make tea out of for me. If you're into tea over t&w, crushed is where it's at.
I can pass that along. Good to know
-
An0xic2
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:12 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
I am also interested in finding some crushed leaf.
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
So can anyone tell me the difference in effects when it comes to crushed leaf vs powder leaf? If the effects are the same, is there a difference in the amount you would need to make tea compared to if you ingested the powder? Like if i take 5 grams of powder for a dose, how much crushed leaf in tea would it take to get the same effects? Thanks
-
Oliverclothesoff
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:40 pm
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Has anyone tried the new stock of crushed leaf from Kats? It's a bit pricey so i thought i'd ask before pulling the trigger.
-
Oliverclothesoff
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:40 pm
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Hi Gravy...i use both types of leaf for making tea. For me personally the effects are about the same. The advantage i find to using crushed is that its easier to strain and i only have to brew it once. With powder i always have to add the strained material back to the pot and add more water for a second boil. I strain it again and then combine it with the liquid from the first brew and consume.
- WotAnAtti2d
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 337
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
I made a couple of tutorials a while back for tea - one for powder and later, one for crushed leaf:
Powder - https://imgur.com/a/1AXup
Crushed leaf - http://imgur.com/a/oMN6g
I've had people tell me that they had great results as is, and some people have had to tweak them to your liking. If your dose falls outside of what I calculate, please adjust your own math. Lipton's orange and black pekoe tea really helps cut down the bitterness, that's why I use it in the tutorials.
Powder - https://imgur.com/a/1AXup
Crushed leaf - http://imgur.com/a/oMN6g
I've had people tell me that they had great results as is, and some people have had to tweak them to your liking. If your dose falls outside of what I calculate, please adjust your own math. Lipton's orange and black pekoe tea really helps cut down the bitterness, that's why I use it in the tutorials.
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Hey thanks for the replies, im ordering the red and green crushed leaf from rva along with 2x250g bags of PMD2 so when it arrives ill review the crushed leaf compared to powder. Im hoping to try the pressure cooker method too, just not sure if i want to invest in one. One thing is for sure, if the crushed tea is as good or better, im switching to crushed tea brew so i dont have to consume so much plant material. It would be better for my body i do believe, or not. Idk, what do you guys think. Thanks again
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
I read that soaking the kratom in lemon juice a while then adding water to freeze. Then melting block in pan with extra water, boil for 20min, chill and strain is best for kratom tea. Any comments from people who drink tea? They said there is a red bubble that happens...
- WotAnAtti2d
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 337
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
I haven't tried the freezing method because I use my own tea method. I'm a firm believer in, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," methodology. Although, I have read several things where people have expressed success with that kind of thing. I'll contact someone who has used it consistently, to reply to this thread.
RVA's crushed leaf, imo, is average at best. I've tried it twice, just to make sure it wasn't the batch, and I'm not impressed. I have some green Bentuangie left over from a previous order, if you'd like an ounce sampler (no charge). It's a slower, chill green that offers some pain relief, too. It's a very unique green and I've received a lot of great feedback from it. Please PM me if you're interested.
RVA's crushed leaf, imo, is average at best. I've tried it twice, just to make sure it wasn't the batch, and I'm not impressed. I have some green Bentuangie left over from a previous order, if you'd like an ounce sampler (no charge). It's a slower, chill green that offers some pain relief, too. It's a very unique green and I've received a lot of great feedback from it. Please PM me if you're interested.
-
HappyHulu
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:43 pm
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
Anyone that wants to know about freezing method for CL, I have done it and, yes, you can get a red bubble. You do it the same way as you would powder. This is 2 grams of Wot’s red Bali, with 2 Tbs of lime juice, and about a 1/2 cup of water - frozen overnight. Thaw in a water bath for 15 minutes or so, add to pot with your desired amount of water and simmer it the way you always do.
I have a pic but it won't upload on here. 
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: Where is the good crushed leaf?! RVA's crushed any good?
To post pic go to http://www.picresize.com or https://resizeimage.net to shrink photo to the size limit this site has. I think its 256kb but it should say around the bottom of the screen when you try to select the photo. If you try to add a photo too large it should show in red writing what the max size it i do believe