Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by e_poison »

For those who use nicotine in any form while taking kratom, do you feel it enhances the effect of the kratom or dulls it a bit? I've heard both, so just curious as to how it effects you personally and also the method by which you take nicotine. For me, I use chewing tobacco and it tends to enhance it a bit. I've heard some smokers say it ruins kratom for them.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by beathappening »

I chew too, and I don't notice anything. I don't understand how it would ruin it though.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3626
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by BallzDeep9 »

I've heard the opposite way. Smokers say after using kratom for a little while, they notice less desire to smoke & Cigs don't taste as good?

As a "reformed" Marlboro man who quit 20 years ago.. I dunno! I do know that cannabis is still good 8-)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
cheddarbear
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 am

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by cheddarbear »

Nicotine user. I’m no scientist, but I find it very hard to believe nicotine would dull the kratom.
spartabotto2
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 am

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by spartabotto2 »

I find when I get home, have a drink or two and smoke a cigarette about a half hour after my night dose it definitely enhances it. During the day, it seems to enhance it, but it also seems to make it wear off faster. Maybe its just me though.
User avatar
Badree8
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:02 am
Location: Bangladesh
Contact:

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by Badree8 »

I even don't feel better while taking and nicotine altogether. Actually, I am not interested to use nicotine anymore. I have a long timer kratom user. I don't need anything while taking kratom. Happy to use this one for long time. LOL!
Natural health supplement.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by brave777 »

On first impression you might feel like you getting a synergistic kick, later you find out you having major issues, and you feel more depressed then ever. The kratom mask when you take breaks, all the damage done from ciggs is unbelievable. Heart rate goes +, breathing problems, weak bones, dark sperm, yes i do think it messes with sperm, when i use to smoke newports a lot, i would have dark colored sperm.... Not to mention on your T breaks on top of that you will feel kratom wd's.. you are getting quadrupled side effects, that's why its best to promote for humanity to eat healthy, there is so many stuff blaming on kratom when kratom is a tool and a great mask, it will help you but only if you help your self. My 10 year smoking, i regret it but i been clean from smoking and been eating healthy, i never felt this good before, and never in a millions would smoke one cigg even if someone paid me to do it. Hope this message hits everyone hard. you doing dusservice to your selfs and friends around when you smoke.. ciggs are not what they use to be in old day, full of heavy metals and other shit will screw you up good, if you smoke at least grow your own tabacoo that way you know what you put into your body.
Kratom user since 2014!
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by pray4peace4 »

Interesting question... A med student on r/quittingkratom said that a nicotine patch took away wd symptoms for him. He said he never has smoked, just took it out of desperation & was happy it worked. Any of you tried this or find grabbing a smoke eases wd from kratom?
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by beathappening »

That's really strange, I've never heard of nor noticed that. I'm inclined to think that's a placebo effect.
User avatar
DrPsilocybong
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by DrPsilocybong »

I smoke more when I'm on kratom. I've noticed I've been sneaking off at work more to smoke also. O agree will balz tho. Cannabis is good :lol:
livi2fly
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by livi2fly »

I usually hit my vape immediately after downing my dose every time. I feel like the nicotine enhances or make it work faster. It could be a placebo but I know it definitely doesn't dull it out.
Machineelves
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by Machineelves »

Vaping salt nicotine absolutely enhances it 100%
kratomandmath
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by kratomandmath »

I still dip probably once or twice a day (I know terrible habit). I tend to enjoy it more about 30 minutes after my dose especially while I'm doing something for work. But yet I also have decreased my tobacco use after taking kratom for some time now. When I do dip, it has to be grizzly wintergreen lol
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by e_poison »

Thanks for all the input everyone. In the replies here I'm seeing a large variation of experiences with it, so I guess the consensus is that it simply depends on the individual. It's something I was always curious about since I've heard so many different things about nicotine and kratom from reading on the kratom subs on reddit. For myself, I feel chew slightly enhances it but that's probably just the good ole' nicotine itself and not related to the kratom.
kratomandmath wrote:I still dip probably once or twice a day (I know terrible habit). I tend to enjoy it more about 30 minutes after my dose especially while I'm doing something for work. But yet I also have decreased my tobacco use after taking kratom for some time now. When I do dip, it has to be grizzly wintergreen lol
Grizzly wintergreen long cut here too! :lol: Skoal is good too when I can't find Grizzly, but not really a fan of Copenhagen for some reason.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
kratomandmath
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by kratomandmath »

bro we have the same tastes in dip/chew. Lol I hate copenhagen. Skoal peach was my first ever dip. Not a fan of fruit flavored dip though lol

It's weird seeing how much dip prices vary from state to state and through time. Skoal & Cope used to be considered high end dip where I'm from. Kodiak was considered on the cheap side when I was in college and now it's more on the higher end. Grizz has always been a steady middle to low end price from state to state. For some reason Grizz wintergreen is just the best regardless of price imo
Smokenfireball
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:42 pm
Location: So. Cal.

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by Smokenfireball »

I smoked for over 40 years and quit 4 months ago (today).
Not an easy thing to do, however I noticed I smoked more while burning. Didn't notice if either one had any effect otherwise.
After I quit smoking I noticed my burns were much stronger and lasted a bit longer.
I still miss smoking and wish I had a cigarette right now.
Not sure if that is because I have regained some of the senses I lost while smoking (smell & taste).
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by beathappening »

Y'all trippin
Copenhagen mint long cut here
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2153
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by e_poison »

kratomandmath wrote:bro we have the same tastes in dip/chew. Lol I hate copenhagen. Skoal peach was my first ever dip. Not a fan of fruit flavored dip though lol
Yeah skoal peach is a little strange for my tastes lol.
kratomandmath wrote:It's weird seeing how much dip prices vary from state to state and through time. Skoal & Cope used to be considered high end dip where I'm from. Kodiak was considered on the cheap side when I was in college and now it's more on the higher end. Grizz has always been a steady middle to low end price from state to state. For some reason Grizz wintergreen is just the best regardless of price imo
Chew/cigarette prices varies big time by state. Doesn't a pack of smokes in NYC cost something ridiculous like $20? Grizzly is just the right price around here - about $4.50 per can + tax I believe. A little bit more expensive in gas stations when compared to the local grocery store for some reason.

And I agree - grizzly wintergreen is the best. Strong, but mild flavor. Used to like the mint, but it gives me serious heartburn. :lol:
beathappening wrote:Y'all trippin
Copenhagen mint long cut here
lol, not a fan of cope here. I think it's because the cut is too fine, even on the long cut.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
Madison808
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by Madison808 »

Smoker here! I’ve noticed when ever the kratom starts to kick in I want to smoke more. On the weekends when I take half the amount I don’t smoke as much. I never notice a decrease in the way I feel but also haven’t notice any enhancement either.
AddyKat719
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 am
Location: Upstate SC

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by AddyKat719 »

Smoker here as well. I went from smoking 15 ciggarettes a day to about 30 a day. I seem to crave nicotine more. All in all I wouldn't say it affects the kratom in a negative or positive.
onespeedstop
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 601
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by onespeedstop »

Not much to add really, never took kratom back when I smoked cigs, been vaping just about 4 years now, annddd, never noticed a difference vaping while "on" kratom vs. vaping when I haven't had any kratom for 1/2 a day or longer. *shrug*
DontSlipBananaClip
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:00 am

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by DontSlipBananaClip »

A side note to this 2 year thread, even though your question has been fully answered, In my situation yes. Whenever I’ve taken a break from kratom and used nicotine, it most definitely helps with withdrawals. I mean it’s common sense if you know a little bit of why you get addicted to things. It’s the dopamine that your body craves. So any stimulation with drugs like nicotine or even caffeine do help with withdrawals and also help the onset of a kratom burn. You’re honestly just speeding up the process of Releasing dopamine into the body. Whenever I take kratom, I most definitely enjoy my vape..but I also do not condone the use of nicotine. My grandmother got lung cancer from it, so I think it’s best that everyone stays away from this poison. I plan to quit v soon for the second time(-:
Fartblaster.
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:52 pm

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by Fartblaster. »

They feel separate without synergy. Although they both have stimulating effects and raise dopamine I don't find any synergy two different things.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by brave777 »

Smokenfireball wrote:I smoked for over 40 years and quit 4 months ago (today).
Not an easy thing to do, however I noticed I smoked more while burning. Didn't notice if either one had any effect otherwise.
After I quit smoking I noticed my burns were much stronger and lasted a bit longer.
I still miss smoking and wish I had a cigarette right now.
Not sure if that is because I have regained some of the senses I lost while smoking (smell & taste).
Last time i remember, when i started using kratom i still smoked for 6 months or so, eventually every month i graved less and less smoking, from one pack to half a pack and it got to the point when i smoke 2 a day then 1 a day, then decided to call it quits. I do still smoke only when end up on party, done it around 7 different times. But that was it, just the party place... seems it made me continue want to smoke again after last cigg but it diminishes after 1 week for good? not sure for others but i didnt want to smoke. And i also remember when i was close to barley smoking ciggs i regretted each time i did. I had what you call an kratom killer effect, each time i smoked it felt good for some minutes then spiraled down into feeling very bad. Once i stopped, kratom effects were 1000% better and longer.. I think smoking everyday will in general will tear you up and even kratom wont help. Kratom will just mask all the damage smoking has caused you. If you stop kratom and smoking.. You will feel you need to go to dentist, smoking mess your teeth for good, and it will hirt like a B***, you dont want to get to the point when even on kratrom you teeth hurt, if it gets that far, your screwed for a while bit. If you stop kratom at that point you will want to knock all your teeth out. Dips i done for a month only but i do think it works synergy with kratom but i dont know much about dips. I dont see why anyone in a world even smoke when they have the best tool at their hands KRATOM! no one should have excuses why they are still smoking.
Kratom user since 2014!
SRQ941
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:57 am

Re: Kratom and nicotine - enhance or dulls the effects?

Post by SRQ941 »

I quit vaping because of Kratom. I vaped for about a year and a half and when I started using Kratom I found it would make me nauseous sometimes (Kratom + Nicotine).

Kratom is so beneficial to me that I quit vaping in a few days.
Post Reply