Oblate Tutorial

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Oblate Tutorial

Post by trigger »

Thought I would do a tutorial on this. I couldn’t find one when I started - only saw people mention oblates. If there’s a better one out there, let me know. Hope this helps someone. I find this much easier than caps and way better than swallowing a nasty tea or drinking it or putting it in apple sauce or whatever else.

Oblates are rice paper thin pouches that you can fill with powder and swallow like a bite of food. They dissolve quickly, but I’ve not had one burst open in my mouth or throat. You have a few seconds to coat them in your mouth with a sip of your favorite beverage before swallowing.

They run about 8 bucks for a pack of 50 on amazon. Each pouch will hold up to just over 4 grams of kratom powder. My usual dose is 6g, so I fill two of them to 3 grams. It’s easier and less messy than capsules, but they don’t travel as well. This is what I do every day when I’m at home.

Each oblate package comes with a filling stand to hold the pouch. I got the powder tool (aka lab scoop or chemical spatula) and the scale on amazon as well super cheap. Tare (zero out) the scale to the pouch and stand. Use the spatula to fill the pouch to the desired dose. Tap the stand on the table gently to pack down the powder a bit.

Pick up the pouch and use your fingers to pinch the corners (I could only pinch one side while holding the camera). Lick the long tab and fold over the front (don’t soak it with spit, just barely moisten). Do the same with the corners to make a tight little powder burrito. That’s it. Enjoy! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
javagurl62
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Oblate Tutorial

Post by javagurl62 »

Nice! I've been buying the wrong kind. I've had disks and now the bags. I've never received a stand for filling them. I've also haven't been able to get more than about 2.5 grams in my bags. Fortunately I've dose reduced to around that amount. Filling is a messy process. I mad a little funnel out of paper but still have trouble getting kratom from the scale to the bag without getting the kratom all over the countertop! :roll: Where did you get that silver thing? That looks it makes the filling process easier. Thanks for this, trigger! 8-)
* javagurl62
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Oblate Tutorial

Post by trigger »

Just look for lab scoop or chemical scoop or lab spatula on amazon. You’ll find it. Been using them for a few years - worth it. I got like 5 of them for 7 bucks I think. Filling isn’t messy for me at all... a tiny bit might fall on my tray now and then, but I have an “everything” bag that I move it all to - gonna be an epic blend. :lol:

Glad someone appreciates this - I wondered if this was just a stupid idea to share - like everyone already knows this or something.
javagurl62
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Oblate Tutorial

Post by javagurl62 »

trigger wrote:Just look for lab scoop or chemical scoop or lab spatula on amazon. You’ll find it. Been using them for a few years - worth it. I got like 5 of them for 7 bucks I think. Filling isn’t messy for me at all... a tiny bit might fall on my tray now and then, but I have an “everything” bag that I move it all to - gonna be an epic blend. :lol:

Glad someone appreciates this - I wondered if this was just a stupid idea to share - like everyone already knows this or something.
Sharing this was a great idea! I decided to add on another 1.25 grams to my last burn so I used one...and the cardboard insert is a holder of sorts. :roll: I think your bags are better and bigger, and the stand is steadier.
* javagurl62
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: Oblate Tutorial

Post by trigger »

Oblate Discs, Japanese Edible Film, 100 pcs, Strawberry & grape flavor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PGZJBVV/re ... 7CbR5JD1NY

American Weigh Scale AWS Series Digital Pocket Weight Scale, Black, 600G x 0.1G https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000O37TDO/re ... 7CbEZABA69

6.5" Scoop Spatula (Pick Scoop) - Eisco Labs- Stainless Steel, Pack of 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEH5QL1/re ... 7CbMY8RKFG
javagurl62
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Oblate Tutorial

Post by javagurl62 »

Thanks for the links. 8-) I added the flavored bags to my list yesterday and the scale and scoops today. I have a scale but I'm sure I'll be needing a new one at some point. Mine's probably 3 years old and at that price, you can't go wrong!
* javagurl62
Pappy
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:33 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Oblate Tutorial

Post by Pappy »

This is great! Thank You Trigger
WarmFoothills
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 10:46 am

Re: Oblate Tutorial

Post by WarmFoothills »

Oblate discs were a lifesaver for me when I had my wisdom teeth pulled... obviously didn't want to toss and wash with a bunch of holes in my mouth, so these did the trick just fine. Only had to take meds the first day then just stuck to red vein and ibuprofen.
lemondrop
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Oblate Tutorial

Post by lemondrop »

Thank you! I always pack my own capsules but I've wanted to give oblates a try. I appreciate seeing exactly how it's done.
Post Reply