AKA's GMP Power Grab, KCPA, State by State

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

AKA's GMP Power Grab, KCPA, State by State

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Alright folks, here's your Latest News, Gossip, Predictions, Legal situation :o and Rumors thread!

YESTERDAY 6-17-2019 the State Of Oregon became the first state, to REJECT American Kratom Association's new KCPA the Kratom Consumer Protection Act... This is going around the country, State by State - as a solution to the FDA's horrible fear mongering attempt to lobby each state to BAN kratom. Yes it's great the AKA is taking on the FDA!! But NO, the KCPA may not be good for us Kratom Consumers?

Oh man this gets complicated.. Its a lot of reading. Anyone interested? Is anyone following this bullshit? Or just too busy and ready to PANIC again... whenever they announce yet another "Kratom Ban". Then we all freak out and buy 10 kilos of kratom, right? Then a month later it's back to normal again and we're sitting on 10 average kilos :mrgreen:

So yeah. AKA's got this new GMP Program. Here's the LIST - AKA's GMP Program Vendors List: Notice... many of those are also, hmmm, on the Bad Vendors List ? LINK - Yep. Those ARE some of the worst Retail, head-shop Rip-off vendors... Urban Ice, Happy Hippo, Kraken, Choice, et cetera.

Now the problem IS - AKA's KCPA keeps getting worse and worse for consumers. And better for their GMP vendors! Here's the Nevada State KCPA Law - signed into Law by Nevada's Governor last week. Now... here's the Oregon State KCPA Bill, SB 1005 - dropped yesterday by Oregon. We're safe for another year... this Bill would have "Regulated" kratom and people in Oregon would've been ... forced to buy their kratom from Happy Hippo :evil:

NOT really, but close - Regulations proposed would have made it very difficult for "normal" online vendors to do business. Threats of Fines and prison. And seizure!! Kick your door down and seize all your kratom, type stuff :o yeah. Folks - We don't need no Regulation. America is a "free country" and we CAN buy herbs with NO regulation - Ginseng root.. Ashwagandha Powder.. Blue Lotus.. Cat's Claw.. et cetera. There are NO regulations needed, for pure, raw, Indonesian kratom!!

Oregon lawmakers spike bill to regulate kratom
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: AKA's GMP Power Grab, KCPA, State by State

Post by trigger »

Thanks for explaining your position
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: AKA's GMP Power Grab, KCPA, State by State

Post by GrannyJ62 »

I was wondering about this you've totally explained it to me in the exact way I seen it as well one of those vendors in Oregon are asking close to 300 a kilo but it comes with all the GMP ribbons an bells which if you have money to throw away go for it or if your like normal people just say no thank you I'll stick with my trusted vendor.why o why is it this way because people are in it for the money.Thank you ballz for making That clear.
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: AKA's GMP Power Grab, KCPA, State by State

Post by trigger »

Those vendors were expensive and shitty before gmp came along, and there are vendors on that list who are and plan to remain sub-$100 kilo prices - like Otie’s.
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: AKA's GMP Power Grab, KCPA, State by State

Post by trigger »

Honestly, I am kinda torn on it. But I don’t agree with the neocon/neolib “deregulate everything” ideology used on banks and oil and pharmaceutical and insurance and Wall Street - screwing consumers. I would pay a few bucks more for a guarantee there’s no cat hair or salmonella or whatever else in my kratom. I eat a lot of it. There’s loads of vendors charging 80 bucks a kilo who bag in their garage or bedroom or kitchen... without gloves or masks. I like the idea of a clean room and basic standards. Why not?

At the same time, I’m annoyed at this list of vendors - mostly head shop overpriced cabal of evil drug dealers trying to dispense a “legal high.” They don’t give an actual fuck. They want to get rid of other vendors and would definitely squeal on all your favorite vendors who aren’t on the list to get them shut down if this gets passed.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: AKA's GMP Power Grab, KCPA, State by State

Post by BallzDeep9 »

GrannyJ62 wrote:why o why is it this way because people are in it for the money..
Yes, Granny thanks for your Reply. I'm very tuckered out it's been a long few days.. I was trying not to PANIC & afraid I might drive like 200 miles to Salem, Oregon (state capitol) then... yaayy! I also just posted the story on Reddit r/kratomm

The Attorney who was pushing this KCPA in Salem.. was a Lobbyist retained by Kraken, Phytoextractum (same company) they are based in Portland. They have gotten caught with Salmonella kratom, more than once I believe.. obviously they need GMP lol :lol: Kraken is an expert in SEO Marketing. "Search Engine Optimization" means they hacked Google - try googling the word Kratom. Guess who comes up? Kraken. These guys are taking a TON of credit card orders.

In Nevada, where the KCPA is now signed into Nevada Law - the big company was Urban Ice. Kelly Dunn (Executive Producer of Leaf Of Faith documentary) did appear, and testify in Nevada. They WON, and got the Law signed. It does require, that kratom be labeled and tested and... I guess we'll see HOW many vendors will be shipping to Nevada? OR... does the Law, really "Ban" kratom except for certain vendors?

I have nothing against GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices). I've reviewed the software - I support the AKA, of course!! But.. things change. There's been a fight over kratom... Vendors who make BIG $ naturally, donate more $ to AKA... Lobbying does cost money. It costs $ to fight the FDA, which AKA has done better than anyone. Dave Herman IS the right guy to lead AKA, he's done a good job IMO. 8-)
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: AKA's GMP Power Grab, KCPA, State by State

Post by BallzDeep9 »

trigger wrote:I like the idea of a clean room and basic standards. Why not? ... At the same time, I’m annoyed at this list of vendors - mostly head shop overpriced cabal of evil drug dealers trying to dispense a “legal high.” They don’t give an actual fuck.
Appreciate your Reply - yeah who knows, where this is headed. I did speak to a major (non Weed) herbal Retail store in Portland today. Everything is un-regulated - he was against the SB 1005 - it would have driven prices way, way, up. Those GMP regs involving contaminant testing, are one thing... This Bill also required Mitra testing AND even 7-Ohm testing. Very expensive lab tests, to find a tiny fraction of 1/100 of 1 percent 7-Ohm.

This crap started up on Reddit, hmm I'll say back in 2017 - I remember when RVA got a few kilos with metal shavings. One of the milling machines, over in Indo broke a part before they caught it.. Jon gave me the statistics, it was something like 1 in 700 million chance. Right away, they spread a nasty rumor on Facebook,.. Did you hear? Kratom is full of metal scraps? :roll:

I'm trying to get the word out... Watch your local State. Sure there's many ways, it could go... We could wind up, having to do small "Buyers Groups" or co-ops of friends, doing group imports. For any price hike, I'd really prefer the Indo's get a greater share! Some of these head-shop guys have made a fortune, over the past 5 years. Now... AKA's KCPA "could" be used as a Power Grab, to eliminate competition? :x
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
trigger
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Re: AKA's GMP Power Grab, KCPA, State by State

Post by trigger »

Well, I think Otie’s is smart for trying to get compliant and on the list. He says Mitra and 7ohm testing (if I remember our conversation correctly) wouldn’t cause his prices to go up much if at all. How great would it be if all kratom had those percentages on the packaging. With packaging standards.

Like. I want kratom to stay cheap too, but if having a minimum set of standards and practices that amount to “wash hands, wear gloves, don’t let cat hair get in the kratom” would be a barrier of entry to becoming a vendor, would any of those vendors be missed at all? I mean, you say yourself all the time there’s far too many vendors and it’s too easy to become one. I agree. I mean - we don’t have any idea what standards the leaf is kept to before it hits our shores as it is.

Buying a thousand bucks worth of 35$/kilo kratom from indo and flipping it for $2000 doesn’t quite make you an entrepreneur or a business. We need more vendors to do what Otie’s is doing. Getting gmp so it’s not just overpriced drug czars. People going through the list of gmp vendors sees 9 of them selling for 300 bucks a kilo and the rest at 100 bucks a kilo for the same product would put those assholes out of business.
GrannyJ62
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 851
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Re: AKA's GMP Power Grab, KCPA, State by State

Post by GrannyJ62 »

And this is why I love this place honest answers and great info I dont have the experience or ability to find out what's going on so that's just me but i do want to know E very little and big thing about this awesome plant and what I can do to help keep it available for anyone who needs it and myself of course.Soo thanks again Ballz and everyone else here at doubleM
Post Reply