The Kratom community should respond to this article.

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
User avatar
Vipercuda69
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am

The Kratom community should respond to this article.

Post by Vipercuda69 »

Please take a look at this negative kratom article from today. Its infuriating. But this is what I will do. I’m sending an email to the author. Her name appears to be Susan. The article references a Dr Mike. He might get my next letter. I’m not trashing her or getting angry with her. I’m trying to explain how dangerous and irresponsible her article is and how it perpetuates all the lies and negative propaganda that just sways public opinion against kratom without any real facts. I’m going to blast this article all over and hopefully we can all fill her mailbox. I’m hoping she will want to hear some success stories and I’m telling her about a few. Including mine. That maybe she should retract her article and write a new one explaining she has to research kratom more. That the opinion of just one former heroin addict and statements from a doctor that apparently doesn’t know his ass from his elbow, really isn’t sourcing reliable information to author such negative article. The former addict may be a perfectly fine guy. But it’s just one guy’s opinion. Just as it’s one extremely ignorant doctor or maybe a doctor that stands to benefit by disseminating negative propaganda. I want the whole kratom community to see this article and let her know how we all feel. I hope it doesn’t get ugly. I only hope she chooses to rethink her damaging approach. Maybe then she could use her big platform to get some truth out to the public that is so desperately needed.
https://www.wgal.com/article/kratom-sup ... r/30721072
Last edited by Vipercuda69 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimipoppa
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:50 pm

Re: The Kratom community should respond to this article.

Post by jimipoppa »

Looks like they are on Facebook.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: The Kratom community should respond to this article.

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Vipercuda69 wrote:Please take a look at this negative kratom article from today. Its infuriating.
Agree, terrible "story", important to recognize this is a Local TV station website, story by a News Anchor.. Local TV stations, hire their Anchors based on looks and ability to talk on camera. Many try to do serious Investigative Journalism.. this one's a total failure :roll:

Big Problem: Stupid Local TV puts their false, misleading, poorly researched crap on the Internet - and everyone around the world, can pull it up on a Google Search. Fake News. TV News stations, are NOT 'Independent', they are mostly owned by super-rich, radical right wing corporations... I didn't check WGAL-TV Lancaster, PA but I've spent time in Lancaster... that area is full of un-educated idiots. No, not just the Amish.. its a 'deeply religious' town.. and THIS is their Local News ;)

Sinclair Broadcast Group Under Fire for Pushing ‘Propaganda’ on Local News - Critics complain that Sinclair, the nation's largest owner of local television stations, requires its affiliates to insert conservative commentary in local newscasts. LINK - https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/07/11/ ... ropaganda/
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: The Kratom community should respond to this article.

Post by beathappening »

I don't think we should even validate this tripe with a response. Arguing against anti-kratom disinformation just seems like a total waste of time, and no one's mind is going to change as a result. If we had to go out and change everyone's mind and tell them they're wrong, well that'd be a very ungratifying full time job. Best thing to do is flood the market with honest pro-kratom articles and testimonies.
User avatar
Vipercuda69
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am

Re: The Kratom community should respond to this article.

Post by Vipercuda69 »

Hey BallzDeep9,
I complete agree. But I believe we are overlooking one huge thing. Big Pharma. If the truth about Kratom was widely disseminated, they would stand to lose billions of dollars annually. I know so many people including myself that has been able to discontinue many prescription mediations like Opiates, Benzos, SSRIs, Statins, Hypnotics and even commonly prescribed simple cheap medications that many overlook like ARBs for blood pressure and Diuretics for edema/swelling. I really wish these dumbasses would listen to the 10s of thousands of success stories to get some actual facts instead of parroting the same lies that they are convinced to believe. There could be far more than that. I’ve seen estimates up to 35 million Kratom consumers with at least 10 million in the US. They seem to be doing the same thing they did with cannabis for 80 decades. But cannabis has been sort of an underground substance up until maybe 15 years ago. It wasn’t sold in stores like Kratom is. I think Kratom use is right out in the wide open for the most part. But everywhere you look it’s nearly the same text verbatim. Wether you see it on the websites of the FDA, NIH, DEA, WebMD, MayoClinic, NewEngland Journal. Not to mention all the drug recovery clinics that some are now testing for Mitragynine. It’s everywhere you look and it’s the same identical lies.

I also agree with you regarding the media. But I have a question for you. You mentioned the media is owned by rich right wingers. Do you mean at the local level like you described in the beginning of your reply. Or do you mean the Main Stream Media and Big 3(CBS, NBC and ABC). The majority of media that I’m aware of is owned by wealthy leftist liberal progressive elites. I try not to discuss politics because both sides honestly suck. But if I need to add more media outlets to my sh*t list I’d like to know who they are. I’m not sure how the media is here locally or who owns it. But the local affiliates for so called news outlets like CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, NY Times, Reuters and AP are all liberal left owned and funded. As are the big 3 (ABC, NBC, CBS). But on a national level, I’m not really sure. I do know that what I see broadcast on the east coast isn’t what is broadcast on the west coast. The people are different and the news is different. It seems like it’s tailored for the demographic where you reside but I’m not sure. Regardless of your political views, none of them seem to support this current president. That’s nearly 90% of all of them. To me that would suggest they are liberal owned.

The only right wing outlets that I know of and are just as bad are Fox, Breitbart, Washington Time and NY Post. They openly do support the current president. Sometimes blindly. But it doesn’t take long to figure out what side they are on. Most of them are nothing more than tabloid-like disseminating political propaganda in support of one side of the other. I’m pretty much centrist moderate so I have trouble identifying with any of them. But can you elaborate as to which ones are right wing owned? I honestly don’t know and I may be under a false impression of who’s actually pulling the strings of these talking box idiots that are constantly on my TV. I’d much rather watch some old cartoons from the 1970s and try to forget about it all, but it’s so much in your face you can’t avoid it.
User avatar
Vipercuda69
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am

Re: The Kratom community should respond to this article.

Post by Vipercuda69 »

beathappening wrote:I don't think we should even validate this tripe with a response. Arguing against anti-kratom disinformation just seems like a total waste of time, and no one's mind is going to change as a result. If we had to go out and change everyone's mind and tell them they're wrong, well that'd be a very ungratifying full time job. Best thing to do is flood the market with honest pro-kratom articles and testimonies.
I do see your point and like your idea. I just worry that there are bigger parties at play here like the FDA and Big Pharma and all those that stand to benefit from a Kratom ban. I fear the negative propaganda campaigns are currently winning. And propaganda is very powerful. It’s meant to be. This crap has been thoroughly studied since the First World War. The first to fall for it are the weak minded that don’t think for themselves and don’t research a damn thing. They take what is told to them at face value like sheep. The other problem I see is they are all colluding with each other. You can read some of the same exact text across multiple websites that we are supposed to trust. The FDA, WebMD, MayoClinic, etc. They literally say the same negative thing in the exact words like the DEA creates it and hands it over to these info sources and says here. This is our position on this at the time. And they all parrot it across multiple info sources. It’s like when you turn on the TV and your here on the news “Constitutional Crisis”, then you change that channel. Within 5 minutes they say “Constitutional Crisis”. You can literally change the channel 10 times and it’s like they are all reading from the same script. Like one dude sitting somewhere tells them all what to say. Like the Wizard behind the curtain in the land of Oz. I find it very discouraging.
User avatar
Vipercuda69
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am

Re: The Kratom community should respond to this article.

Post by Vipercuda69 »

BallzDeep9 wrote:
Vipercuda69 wrote:Please take a look at this negative kratom article from today. Its infuriating.
Agree, terrible "story", important to recognize this is a Local TV station website, story by a News Anchor.. Local TV stations, hire their Anchors based on looks and ability to talk on camera. Many try to do serious Investigative Journalism.. this one's a total failure :roll:

Big Problem: Stupid Local TV puts their false, misleading, poorly researched crap on the Internet - and everyone around the world, can pull it up on a Google Search. Fake News. TV News stations, are NOT 'Independent', they are mostly owned by super-rich, radical right wing corporations... I didn't check WGAL-TV Lancaster, PA but I've spent time in Lancaster... that area is full of un-educated idiots. No, not just the Amish.. its a 'deeply religious' town.. and THIS is their Local News ;)

Sinclair Broadcast Group Under Fire for Pushing ‘Propaganda’ on Local News - Critics complain that Sinclair, the nation's largest owner of local television stations, requires its affiliates to insert conservative commentary in local newscasts. LINK - https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/07/11/ ... ropaganda/
Hey Ballz
I replied to your first response to my post. But you got me curious. You seemed to say that Sinclair is a conservative outlet. I looked that up and my search results returned mainly conservative but an unusual amount said they are liberal. So now I’m confused. I look at the 27 primary stations they own. One of them said NBC. This I didn’t know. So I searched for who owns MSNBC. They seem to be very left and antiTrump. It said that MSNBC is owned by NBC. But Sinclair lists NBC as theirs. I searched for who owns NBC and got NBCUniversal. The who owns NBCUniversal and I got Comcast. Sinclair and Comcast both can’t own NBC. The big 3 ABC, NBC and CBS local affiliates by me are clearly left leaning. But I also saw that Sinclair owns Fox which is clearly right leaning. Man I’m confused. Maybe I need more kratom and to care less. Hahaha!
oohger
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm

Re: The Kratom community should respond to this article.

Post by oohger »

quote in article -

>>> "As a matter of fact, kratom's potency of opiate effect is about 13 times that of morphine."<<<

wow??
User avatar
Vipercuda69
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 am

Re: The Kratom community should respond to this article.

Post by Vipercuda69 »

oohger wrote:quote in article -

>>> "As a matter of fact, kratom's potency of opiate effect is about 13 times that of morphine."<<<

wow??
What an irresponsible piece of journalism it was, if you can even call it that. It seemed like a hit piece about kratom with an agenda. They framed it as a safety concern when I believe it was all about greed. The FDA campaign against kratom is heavily funded. Big Pharma stands to lose billions if the truth about kratom becomes common knowledge. It seems like the backlash from the article was pretty significant. It was great to see some folks from our 20 million strong US Kratom community speak out and set the record straight.
Post Reply