Tea gpd question

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Leaflover43
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:56 am

Tea gpd question

Post by Leaflover43 »

A friend of mine asked a question that I knew you guys would be able to answer: Would gpd be calculated the same if only drinking tea but not consuming plant matter?
I only t&w and for pain control so I'm of no help
BobDylanKratom
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:20 pm

Re: Tea gpd question

Post by BobDylanKratom »

It’s a good question that I can’t answer with any authority, as I’ve only tried to make tea a few times. But from what I’ve read, you would use anywhere from the same amount to 1.5 times your regular dose (1 to 1.5x) for tea. This is for powder; for crushed leaf I think it may be more...
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Tea gpd question

Post by acejestyr15 »

Leaflover43 wrote:A friend of mine asked a question that I knew you guys would be able to answer: Would gpd be calculated the same if only drinking tea but not consuming plant matter?
I only t&w and for pain control so I'm of no help
All I can say isnthstni have a personal theory on this subject but its nothing more than that! I myself covertedntona tea only using an aero press method for about 3 months or so give or take and l have def noticed the differences in dosing and effects.... my theory is only based of of my old dosage to get most desirable effects by mixing with warm water and citric acid and chugging versus brewing tea and then pressing with aero press. My doses with mix and chug were anywhere btw 5.5g up to 7g and now I brew tea usually with 8 to 9g. So, based off my personal experience it seems that a good tea dosage is anywhere btw 120 and 140% give or take of what your dose is when ingesting the plant matter. I can also say for absolute certainty for me at least that I get much better, more consistent, and much less undesirable effects than ever before!! Plus, my digestive system had been thanking me big time hahaha. Hope this helps enough if any other questions I love talking about tea these days!!!
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Tea gpd question

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Leaflover43 wrote:Would gpd be calculated the same if only drinking tea but not consuming plant matter?
Good question. I have a similar recent experience to Ace, and thanks to him for posting.. Brew Tea using a 3-stage process to optimize/ extract the most alkaloids possible (without using any Alcohol!) 1- Freeze 20 grams in some water & citric acid overnight, 2- Thaw, Add juice and fruit, sit in fridge for 8+ hours, 3- Add more water & Simmer on stove below boiling for 1+ hour. Pick out fruit pulp. Strain and filter using Aeropress.

Same as Ace, just a ball park measure, but I'd go a little further and suggest 1.5 X to even double powder, to get about EQUAL effects. That's using 150% to maybe 200% as much powder. So... back to my 20 grams. Lets' say my usual serving is 4g? Then 20g = 5 servings of powder? I've just made only 2-4 servings of Tea, using that same 20g... 2.5 servings of "strong" Tea.

However, I use Tea like an Extract :P - added to "spike" my regular serving around 3g of quality powder. In that case I divide the 20g into around 6-7 parts.. to make Enhanced kratom. Seems to give a fuller, deeper, effect and longer lasting... stay tuned for a Tea Recipe with photos on my new Blog!
Image
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Leaflover43
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Tea gpd question

Post by Leaflover43 »

Thanks so much guys-this is fantastic!
I do believe with the recent amount of new free time at home, it's a great time to start experimenting with tea!
Stay well guys and thanks again!
Post Reply