Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
FartBlaster
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Post by FartBlaster »

How do you do your tolerance Breaks? What do you take on your breaks? How long is your break?
I took a two week break some time ago that was extremely effective but taking a three day break doesn't make a big difference at all.
reximus_maximus
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Post by reximus_maximus »

I'm super interested in this as well. Tried the search bar but didn't find much.
FartBlaster
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 685
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm

Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Post by FartBlaster »

I just did a t break for a week , going to end it tomorrow. It's not been bad at all, if you wean into it it's not hard. It just sucks cause all the stuff Kratom fixes for ya comes back but it is necessary to keep tolerance down.
User avatar
SimonBcv
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Post by SimonBcv »

I find that even 1 day of kratom break helps but then again I only take up to 6 grams per day, to temporarily substitute it, I take some of the following: "Ashwagandha" powder, kava-kava capsules, Magnolia Bark capsules, St. John Worth capsules are also nice.
User avatar
e_poison
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Post by e_poison »

I just stop cold turkey for a couple days. No special tricks up my sleeve.

I find a 48 hour break once in a while soft resets my tolerance. Not fully of course, but at least enough so I start getting the effects I want again.

Would love to do a week or more, but I take kratom for chronic pain so it’s not always possible.
✉️ Contact: doublemherbals [at] gmail.com
✅ Donate: $jasondoublem
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Post by herbalhippie »

SimonBcv wrote: St. John Worth capsules are also nice.
It just occurred to me that SJW might be a good thing to take for a tolerance break. SJW is a CWP3A4 inducer, so it will cause you to metabolize all the kratom out of your system faster, thus making your tolerance break more effective I would think.
javagurl62
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Post by javagurl62 »

herbalhippie wrote:
SimonBcv wrote: St. John Worth capsules are also nice.
It just occurred to me that SJW might be a good thing to take for a tolerance break. SJW is a CWP3A4 inducer, so it will cause you to metabolize all the kratom out of your system faster, thus making your tolerance break more effective I would think.
Interesting. I'm not interested in doing a t break just yet but that day could come. :|
* javagurl62
kynnaandgunther
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 am

Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Post by kynnaandgunther »

I wish I could take SJW. On .5 clonazepam so I cannot.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Post by herbalhippie »

kynnaandgunther wrote:I wish I could take SJW. On .5 clonazepam so I cannot.
You definitely have to be careful what you take enzyme inhibitors or inducers with for sure.
Cj3
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 9:37 am

Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do

Post by Cj3 »

I have a bag of Agmatine powder that I dip into when I take a little break. I haven’t found that it makes a profound difference in how I feel, but the breaks are effective. My breaks are always short, about a day. The effectiveness of the break may be due partially to the Agmatine.
Post Reply