Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
How do you do your tolerance Breaks? What do you take on your breaks? How long is your break?
I took a two week break some time ago that was extremely effective but taking a three day break doesn't make a big difference at all.
I took a two week break some time ago that was extremely effective but taking a three day break doesn't make a big difference at all.
-
reximus_maximus
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:11 pm
Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
I'm super interested in this as well. Tried the search bar but didn't find much.
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
I just did a t break for a week , going to end it tomorrow. It's not been bad at all, if you wean into it it's not hard. It just sucks cause all the stuff Kratom fixes for ya comes back but it is necessary to keep tolerance down.
- SimonBcv
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm
Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
I find that even 1 day of kratom break helps but then again I only take up to 6 grams per day, to temporarily substitute it, I take some of the following: "Ashwagandha" powder, kava-kava capsules, Magnolia Bark capsules, St. John Worth capsules are also nice.
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
I just stop cold turkey for a couple days. No special tricks up my sleeve.
I find a 48 hour break once in a while soft resets my tolerance. Not fully of course, but at least enough so I start getting the effects I want again.
Would love to do a week or more, but I take kratom for chronic pain so it’s not always possible.
I find a 48 hour break once in a while soft resets my tolerance. Not fully of course, but at least enough so I start getting the effects I want again.
Would love to do a week or more, but I take kratom for chronic pain so it’s not always possible.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
It just occurred to me that SJW might be a good thing to take for a tolerance break. SJW is a CWP3A4 inducer, so it will cause you to metabolize all the kratom out of your system faster, thus making your tolerance break more effective I would think.SimonBcv wrote: St. John Worth capsules are also nice.
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
Interesting. I'm not interested in doing a t break just yet but that day could come.herbalhippie wrote:It just occurred to me that SJW might be a good thing to take for a tolerance break. SJW is a CWP3A4 inducer, so it will cause you to metabolize all the kratom out of your system faster, thus making your tolerance break more effective I would think.SimonBcv wrote: St. John Worth capsules are also nice.
* javagurl62
-
kynnaandgunther
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 am
Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
I wish I could take SJW. On .5 clonazepam so I cannot.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
You definitely have to be careful what you take enzyme inhibitors or inducers with for sure.kynnaandgunther wrote:I wish I could take SJW. On .5 clonazepam so I cannot.
-
Cj3
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 9:37 am
Re: Tolerance Breaks: what do you do
I have a bag of Agmatine powder that I dip into when I take a little break. I haven’t found that it makes a profound difference in how I feel, but the breaks are effective. My breaks are always short, about a day. The effectiveness of the break may be due partially to the Agmatine.