Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
Does anyone know if grapefruit juice makes kratom effects any stronger? Ive been taking my kratom with grapefruit juice for a while now and it did seem to make it stronger but it might just be a placebo effect or something. It does make it way better tasting though. Please let me know what you think about the effects for you, if you havent tried it, do. Its a cheap experiment. My next experiment is the pressure cooker tea, i might pour the tea in grapefruit juice too lol
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
I don't know if it works for kratom, I think it should at least a little, but be careful with grapefruit juice if you're on certain other medications.
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
Its not placebo, even if you dont use kratom, and eat grapefruits more often over fast food crap, you will feel better by a lot. Same thing with Ginger, tumeric, black pepper, black seed, braggs apple cider vinager. All these things help balance certain stuff int he body there for making you feel better. + kratom on top its a killer. Its always good to include healthy stuff or at least something everyday over nothing healthy and eat big macs. Now poor guality food will downgrade effects of kratom, thats why some have a need to push more powder thinking their tolerance is up there. Nope, its what you eat. Take fatty cheesy pizza for example, yes thats my weakness too, but each time i eat it, i feel doing nothing but sitting and watching some cool movie or a show. so all that kratom get up and do the tasks gets killed. makes me a lazy bastard.
Kratom user since 2014!
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
Yes, BUT only plain White Grapefruit Juice, and you must drink a full glass > 12 oz. Tagamet works on the same principle, inhibits some liver enzymes allowing a drug to stay in your system longer & stronger... Generic is Cimetidine. It's very cheap, get the 200 mg at Walgreens. Do it like once a week and there's no problem with side effects. Note stories about "moobs" were idiots who took multiple doses daily. Solution: don't take large amounts daily..Does anyone know if grapefruit juice makes kratom effects any stronger?
It Works!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
- DrPsilocybong
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 93
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Re: Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
I was about to make a similar thread but with orange juice. Lately my burns have been short-lived. Has to be tolerance issues. Yesterday I had misplaced the lid to the medicine bottle I use to store my second dose. Before I left I measured out a dose and put it in a empty MI bag I had. I bought some orange juice at work and decided to toss it in. I shook it up until it was mixed rather well. I let it sit in my car for an hour. I downed that bottle and it was rocking. I finally settled down around 10 at night. I love green orange juice 
-
Ravenmoon
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:29 pm
Re: Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
This is the only was I go for mine, it's always a green juice for me. I don't do grapefruit always just a small amount of orange. To be honest I thought it common knowledge that it was jump start and I need that with pain relief immediately in the morning! I can't see why with the similarities grapefruit wouldn't have similar benefits. ~CHEERS 
-
spartabotto2
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 45
- Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:57 am
Re: Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
All of these were on a post I remembered from on the ollld totse for opiate potentiators. One cup white grapefruit juice mixed with tonic water, a dose of tagamet, one and a half Aleve, a half a dose of Robitussin with dxm, and a couple tums for to help absorb things better. All about 30-45 minutes before hand. I don't believe it'd work the same as there are different receptors involved. But it got the job done back then.
-
Arctic_Martian
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:48 pm
Re: Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
As far as I know, the metabolism of kratom alkaloids isn't really well understood yet. That said, the enzyme that grapefruit juice blocks (CYP3A4) is by far the most common metabolizer for pharmacologic compounds. There's a good chance that kratom alkaloids are broken down at least partly by this enzyme. So, yeah, grapefruit juice probably does potentiate kratom to some extent.
Grapefruit contains a certain group of molecules (furanocoumarins) that are responsible for inhibiting this important enzyme. Orange juice doesn't contain these compounds and won't potentiate kratom the same way. Maybe OJ does potentiate kratom somehow, but if it does it's not the same mechanism as grapefruit.
The possible drawback of grapefruit (and any other CYP3A4 blockers) is that it can seriously slow down metabolism of many other drugs, causing them to build up in your body and increase the likelihood of side effects. That's why these types of potentiators should be used with caution, especially if you take other medications. Be aware of side effects and stop the grapefruit juice if you notice any. FYI tonic water, Tagamet, and some other popular potentiators work the same way!
Grapefruit contains a certain group of molecules (furanocoumarins) that are responsible for inhibiting this important enzyme. Orange juice doesn't contain these compounds and won't potentiate kratom the same way. Maybe OJ does potentiate kratom somehow, but if it does it's not the same mechanism as grapefruit.
The possible drawback of grapefruit (and any other CYP3A4 blockers) is that it can seriously slow down metabolism of many other drugs, causing them to build up in your body and increase the likelihood of side effects. That's why these types of potentiators should be used with caution, especially if you take other medications. Be aware of side effects and stop the grapefruit juice if you notice any. FYI tonic water, Tagamet, and some other popular potentiators work the same way!
-
ladyhelenajames
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:08 am
- Location: US
- Contact:
Re: Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
Yes definitely potentiate but rather make it more tastier. Grapefruit Juice, Turmeric, Cayenne pepper, green tea and Chamomile work great. Few sites mentioned about Coffee. Read the true Kratom potentiators here.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Do you think Grapefruit Juice potentiates kratom
Good advice. These are REAL potentiators, ie they're proven to work, and many medications have a Warning on the package, if you read the fine print, - Do Not take with Tagamet (Cimetidine)... One example is ViagraThat's why these types of potentiators should be used with caution, especially if you take other medications. Be aware of side effects and stop the grapefruit juice (or Tonic water, or Tagamet.) if you notice any.
That being said. Cimetidine DOES work, and assuming you're watching your other drug intake - Cimetidine is great maybe 1 day a week. I did some, along with an old dose of Herbal Salvations Red MD, from my 2017 stash recently .. and maaannn double potent and long legs. Gee I don't remember it being that good!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!