Kratom as a topical?
-
Asterbellis
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:05 pm
Kratom as a topical?
This is something I've been wondering for a while.
I am an avid user of poisonous nightshades as a topical ointment, they are extremely dangerous to ingest, but virtually harmless and amazingly helpful for pain when used at responsible doses topically. I know that danger aspect isn't there when ingesting kratom so much. But I enjoy experimenting with different ways to use different plants, I'm wondering if anybody has successfully used kratom topically for either pain relief or any sort of head change?
Maybe as an extract? Any strains that would potentially be more effective than others?
I am an avid user of poisonous nightshades as a topical ointment, they are extremely dangerous to ingest, but virtually harmless and amazingly helpful for pain when used at responsible doses topically. I know that danger aspect isn't there when ingesting kratom so much. But I enjoy experimenting with different ways to use different plants, I'm wondering if anybody has successfully used kratom topically for either pain relief or any sort of head change?
Maybe as an extract? Any strains that would potentially be more effective than others?
- WotAnAtti2d
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 337
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 am
Re: Kratom as a topical?
I used some red strain infused into a salve for some minor skin irritation. I think it was more the salve compound that helped me, than the kratom. /shrug
-
imtheplantman
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:07 pm
Re: Kratom as a topical?
Kratom topical products is a great idea for any vendor. It's a wonderful way to back up claims (ie. we are importing for our deodorant, salve, etc.), as a vendor may need to do such when customs seizes their air cargo in the tons. I've seen things get released this way. The production of actual incense is another one I've seen, this last one diverts the FDA entirely.
-
Gonz
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:27 am
Re: Kratom as a topical?
I'm using CBD topically, and I make it myself, so adding kratom would probably be doable. It seems to be worth looking into, as I searched "topical use of kratom" and came up with a number of results suggesting it's useful and being done.
This could be a good use for ineffective or wobbly kratom.
This could be a good use for ineffective or wobbly kratom.