Dazed & Confused on dosage
-
LuLu
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:50 am
- Location: Kansas
Dazed & Confused on dosage
I’ve been using Kratom off and on for years, and daily for 2 years if I remember correctly. Anyways, since I started daily use I’ve always taken 7g at a time (3x a day)....no matter the vendor, the “strain” or the color, always 7g.
Now I just made a big purchase from Mr Smiley...who I’ve bought from before (still used 7g with that purchase).....this time when I made my normal I dose I had a headache and slight nausea. I just thought it was a fluke so the next day same 7g....same symptoms.
I’m not really sure why this time around my 7g is to much.
I’ve lowered my dosage to 3g and I guess I’ll have to find my sweet spot again over time. Do you think this will be a normal thing from now on or maybe just with Mr Smiley because his Kratom is a great quality? Or even just this batch? I don’t know what to think honestly. It’s so weird to me.
What’s yalls thoughts on this?
Now I just made a big purchase from Mr Smiley...who I’ve bought from before (still used 7g with that purchase).....this time when I made my normal I dose I had a headache and slight nausea. I just thought it was a fluke so the next day same 7g....same symptoms.
I’m not really sure why this time around my 7g is to much.
I’ve lowered my dosage to 3g and I guess I’ll have to find my sweet spot again over time. Do you think this will be a normal thing from now on or maybe just with Mr Smiley because his Kratom is a great quality? Or even just this batch? I don’t know what to think honestly. It’s so weird to me.
What’s yalls thoughts on this?
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
A few strains have given me 'kratom headache', all red strains. Feels like a cross between a tension headache and a migraine and only a migraine medication I have will make them go away.
Other people experience this too.
It's always a good idea to lower your dose if you can. Less is more!
Other people experience this too.
It's always a good idea to lower your dose if you can. Less is more!
-
LuLu
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:50 am
- Location: Kansas
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
[quote="herbalhippie" Feels like a cross between a tension headache and a migraine ![/quote]
It’s not even that kind of a bad headache thankfully....it’s one of those heavy, but dull ones....that’s there but if I move I really feel it more. More of an annoyance...and Tylenol won’t fully take it away.
It’s so so weird to me that this batch has hit me like this out of the amount I’ve used over the years.
Maybe this is a stupid thought, but I wonder if it’s a hormonal thing too. I’m 46 and post-m.....on new hormones.
Im an RN so I’m probably overthinking this way to much from a medical stand point.
Anyways, I dropped the gram amount which is a positive thing to do anyways. I’m still sitting at 3 being good.
Im gonna try another vendor in a couple days just to see what gram dosage works with them.
It’s not even that kind of a bad headache thankfully....it’s one of those heavy, but dull ones....that’s there but if I move I really feel it more. More of an annoyance...and Tylenol won’t fully take it away.
It’s so so weird to me that this batch has hit me like this out of the amount I’ve used over the years.
Maybe this is a stupid thought, but I wonder if it’s a hormonal thing too. I’m 46 and post-m.....on new hormones.
Im an RN so I’m probably overthinking this way to much from a medical stand point.
Anyways, I dropped the gram amount which is a positive thing to do anyways. I’m still sitting at 3 being good.
Im gonna try another vendor in a couple days just to see what gram dosage works with them.
- swablero
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 432
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:59 pm
- Location: NY
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
Sounds to me like it could be wobble nausea which is common or just something strain related. I think STH has some very strong strains. Curious what strains have you been trying. Who is your usual vendor? Some people get headaches like that from heavy reds. I get headaches if i have to much speedy white. Try less you could always add more. When I lowered my dose I was amazed that it was actually a better experience.LuLu wrote:
It’s not even that kind of a bad headache thankfully....it’s one of those heavy, but dull ones....that’s there but if I move I really feel it more. More of an annoyance...and Tylenol won’t fully take it away.
It’s so so weird to me that this batch has hit me like this out of the amount I’ve used over the years.
Maybe this is a stupid thought, but I wonder if it’s a hormonal thing too. I’m 46 and post-m.....on new hormones.
Im an RN so I’m probably overthinking this way to much from a medical stand point.
Anyways, I dropped the gram amount which is a positive thing to do anyways. I’m still sitting at 3 being good.
Im gonna try another vendor in a couple days just to see what gram dosage works with them.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
Yes, exactly. A heavy, dull headache. Doesn't feel like any other headache and is not in my usual headache spots. Don't like it. 
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
Could def be wobbles. Did it affect your vision? Make you dizzy when moving or looking around? Wobbles make it hard to focus or look to the side. Usually accompanied by nausea, and slight dysphoria. It's just a symptom of taking too much. Best to just lie down with your eyes closed for awhile in a quiet environment, chew some ginger or have a cup of tea, and wait a good 6-8 hours until your next dose, or you'll get the wobbles again. Not a big deal, just tinker with your dosage.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
Good move. I was watching a Kelly Dunn (Leaf Of Faith) video on YouTube.. yeah he's a head-shop ripoff merchant, but has a couple of good videos there..LuLu wrote:I’ve always taken 7g at a time (3x a day)....
I’ve lowered my dosage to 3g and I guess I’ll have to find my sweet spot again over time.
Lowest Perceivable Serving. That's a very GOOD Rule Of Thumb, answers the question: "How much should I take?"
Your Serving Size SWEET SPOT, is the lowest amount where you START to feel effects... Might have to start on the LOW side, to find that! Then bump up slightly, to achieve good effects. Why do this? To avoid Tolerance! "Less Is More" not only feels better, it also avoids problems... STAY around 3 to 4 grams you'll be fine. There is NO point in taking more & more .. its not a Drug. Doesn't work like that.
I also like what Dunn / AKA are saying about terminology. Since Kratom is NOT a Drug... we don't "dose" kratom,
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
I think this is splitting hairs. Let's not get bogged down in semantics. Kratom is a psychoactive substance.BallzDeep9 wrote:its not a Drug. Doesn't work like that.
I also like what Dunn / AKA are saying about terminology. Since Kratom is NOT a Drug... we don't "dose" kratom,
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
I say 'dose'. What else is there?
*what does the thesaurus have to say about this?
A measure. I think I'll start using that. I took a measure of MI's Vampire a half hour ago.
*what does the thesaurus have to say about this?
A measure. I think I'll start using that. I took a measure of MI's Vampire a half hour ago.
- DrFappingston
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 pm
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
I have gotten that effect on a couple of occasions, the headaches and such. Tiny bit of nausea and just generally not feeling that great. I haven't gotten that effect since the first couple of weeks taking kratom. I think that's purely something to do with STH having more potent product than you're used to as the only time I've experienced it is when I was still trying to figure out the proper dosage and such. I'm sure there are certain strains on an individual basis that will effect people that way too. For example, Mystic Island's White Borneo makes me super irritable and cranky even though I love whites and other fast strains and don't have any issues with them normally.
I just recently cut my dose in half and experienced first hand this crazy reverse tolerance thing. I was taking 6g 4x daily, give or take a booster. Now I'm take 3g roughly 5x daily and getting similar, if not better effects from much less. The only thing I've noticed is maybe it doesn't last as long, but even adding another dose I went from 24+ grams a day to 12-15 grams per day. I can't argue with that.
As for the terminology debate, I can understand wanting to be careful not to give the DEA any ammunition in their attempts to class kratom amongst other, far worse substances... But I think "dose" is a pretty docile term. I take a dose of kratom just like I'd take a dose of Tylenol or cough syrup, or any other medicinal substance.
I just recently cut my dose in half and experienced first hand this crazy reverse tolerance thing. I was taking 6g 4x daily, give or take a booster. Now I'm take 3g roughly 5x daily and getting similar, if not better effects from much less. The only thing I've noticed is maybe it doesn't last as long, but even adding another dose I went from 24+ grams a day to 12-15 grams per day. I can't argue with that.
As for the terminology debate, I can understand wanting to be careful not to give the DEA any ammunition in their attempts to class kratom amongst other, far worse substances... But I think "dose" is a pretty docile term. I take a dose of kratom just like I'd take a dose of Tylenol or cough syrup, or any other medicinal substance.
"Forget regret or life is yours to miss" - Rent
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
I had same problem with SG#3 when i first got it, i was used to 4-6 grams, and when i took same amount #3, i had to lay down, next time i did 2 grams and felt very good. Thats what i call fire, less is more with fire!
But my T been messed with, since i am trigger happy with all the new stuff i am trying. Least i have over 12 hour break every day before next dose. I need a 30 hour break soon on my days off from work. But smiley does have some awesome stuff.
Kratom user since 2014!
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
I guess with my light doses I don't have to worry much about wobbles, although I did get a slight case of the wobbles for the first time a while back. At about 1 gram. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure it was one of Smiley's strains. 
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Dazed & Confused on dosage
Yes, exactly. A heavy, dull headache. Doesn't feel like any other headache and is not in my usual headache spots. Don't like it. 
^^^^^^^^^ I can relate to that, ,it only happens if I take more,, reds usually, ,I stay in the 2-3 gr range,,1 teasp., times when I increase to 5 gr., I can get the head pressure, ,not really a ache,,dull pressure, ,I really don't notice a difference except maybe lasting longer,,like said, it's not a drug,,it's a plant,,sorta like comparing a weak cup of coffee to a strong espresso,,,,oh,espresso coffee can give me a dull pressure, ,,,
^^^^^^^^^ I can relate to that, ,it only happens if I take more,, reds usually, ,I stay in the 2-3 gr range,,1 teasp., times when I increase to 5 gr., I can get the head pressure, ,not really a ache,,dull pressure, ,I really don't notice a difference except maybe lasting longer,,like said, it's not a drug,,it's a plant,,sorta like comparing a weak cup of coffee to a strong espresso,,,,oh,espresso coffee can give me a dull pressure, ,,,