Could booze negatively impact your burn?
-
reximus_maximus
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:11 pm
Could booze negatively impact your burn?
I've recently discovered kratom and was surprised that it eliminated alcohol cravings. I've gotten drunk nearly every day for a decade, and am working on changing my relationship with alcohol, and it looks like kratom is helping me do that. In fact, last Monday was my first alcohol free day in more than a year! Kratom made it very very easy, and was actually a much more enjoyable night.
For the most part, when using kratom, I've not really felt much of a "high". I've been exclusively ordering lots of the highly praised stains from BB and STH, and have done so because my alcohol cravings disappear rather than getting much of a high from it. Occasionally, I'll feel a slight heady feeling after 3-3.5 hours.
The point of this post is that after my alcohol free day, I dosed 5g of STH wild red borneo, and I actually felt a decent buzz from it.
I wanted to ask the community what is your experience with this? If you get drunk a few days in a row, do you experience a decreased effect from your leaf?
I'm going to shoot for two alcohol-free days next week and will report back.
For the most part, when using kratom, I've not really felt much of a "high". I've been exclusively ordering lots of the highly praised stains from BB and STH, and have done so because my alcohol cravings disappear rather than getting much of a high from it. Occasionally, I'll feel a slight heady feeling after 3-3.5 hours.
The point of this post is that after my alcohol free day, I dosed 5g of STH wild red borneo, and I actually felt a decent buzz from it.
I wanted to ask the community what is your experience with this? If you get drunk a few days in a row, do you experience a decreased effect from your leaf?
I'm going to shoot for two alcohol-free days next week and will report back.
-
FireK
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 833
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
Well done! I was never much of a big drinker...id go out weekends and have a 3-4 drinks or a beer here and there....since kratom use started about 10 months ago ive maybe had 5 drinks total. Just dont have any desire to drink and the few times i have combined the two have not been enjoyable. Congratulations and good luck weening off alcohol completely!!
-
Bigblind
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 141
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:33 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
I also drank every day before I found kratom. Kratom took the want for alcohol away .But I have noticed with me if i have a serving of leaf then drink the alcohol completely blockes the kratom from working on my pain . So that could be why I quit drinking .
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
Yes. It also helped me with the withdrawals from the several short binges I've had in the past few months. I also had Ativan for most of them which is a good idea. If you have access to a benzo, get it. The last bender was so disgusting that it took away my desire to do it again. I'm only using the leaf for the past 2 weeks and also doing things that I used to enjoy again which also really helps my mood. Laying around drinking or sitting in a bar is really not all that fun. 
* javagurl62
-
Theanine
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 am
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
Ethanol is proven to affect opioid receptors. If you are addicted to it, any opioid's effects will be diminished, sometimes significantly.
Logically, any opioid has the ability to substitute for ethanol. Of course, that is hardly a solution because while NON TOXIC, unlike ethanol, they are every bit as addictive as actual opioids/opiates. Kratom changes that equation as it is not nearly as addictive as mainstream opioids or ethanol. So, Kratom could offer an actual solution to millions of Alcoholics in America and millions more elsewhere in the world
Logically, any opioid has the ability to substitute for ethanol. Of course, that is hardly a solution because while NON TOXIC, unlike ethanol, they are every bit as addictive as actual opioids/opiates. Kratom changes that equation as it is not nearly as addictive as mainstream opioids or ethanol. So, Kratom could offer an actual solution to millions of Alcoholics in America and millions more elsewhere in the world
-
javagurl62
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 291
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:26 pm
- Location: South Texas
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
Not the case for me! I'm addicted to booze although not actively using it, thank God.Theanine wrote:Ethanol is proven to affect opioid receptors. If you are addicted to it, any opioid's effects will be diminished, sometimes significantly. :
* javagurl62
-
Theanine
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:01 am
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
Well, if you are not currently consuming ethanol, then your endorphin receptors wouldn't be affected by it allowing Kratom to work.javagurl62 wrote:Not the case for me! I'm addicted to booze although not actively using it, thank God.Theanine wrote:Ethanol is proven to affect opioid receptors. If you are addicted to it, any opioid's effects will be diminished, sometimes significantly. :I get buzzed as hell off kratom at low doses.
The less is more rule has done wonders for me!
If you were actively consuming ethanol, then the effects you would get from opioids would be reduced to the extent of your ethanol consumption.
Most people do not see those two as interchangeable, but they are. Except the ethanol is far more dangerous, not to mention toxic.
-
Nic
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:16 pm
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
“Wild Red Borneo “ from smileytime is some of the strongest kratom that I have had recently. I ordered an extra half Kilo after I tried it. This was a couple weeks ago.
-
Jim Jurgan
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 pm
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
I enjoy a few beers now and then with my kratom.
I find the two synergize.
I do find I drink less/desire less alcohol when doing kratom on a drinking night.
I find the two synergize.
I do find I drink less/desire less alcohol when doing kratom on a drinking night.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
Is it a 'green' red or a brownish/bent looking one?Nic wrote:“Wild Red Borneo “ from smileytime is some of the strongest kratom that I have had recently. I ordered an extra half Kilo after I tried it. This was a couple weeks ago.
- e_poison
- Admin

- Posts: 2154
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:18 pm
- Contact:
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
This is my experience too.Jim Jurgan wrote:I enjoy a few beers now and then with my kratom.
I find the two synergize.
I do find I drink less/desire less alcohol when doing kratom on a drinking night.
One or two beers enhances it, but any more than that and it just completely overpowers the Kratom. If I know I’m going to be drinking, I don’t even bother with the Kratom. I’d rather save it for when I’ll get the best benefit from it.
After I first started taking Kratom, I rarely if ever drank and was able to put the booze down completely. But I noticed over time it didn’t work to reduce the alcohol cravings as much. Probably just tolerance though.
- gravystainonmyshirt
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:13 pm
- Location: Seattle
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
e_poison wrote:This is my experience too.Jim Jurgan wrote:I enjoy a few beers now and then with my kratom.
I find the two synergize.
I do find I drink less/desire less alcohol when doing kratom on a drinking night.
One or two beers enhances it, but any more than that and it just completely overpowers the Kratom. If I know I’m going to be drinking, I don’t even bother with the Kratom. I’d rather save it for when I’ll get the best benefit from it.
After I first started taking Kratom, I rarely if ever drank and was able to put the booze down completely. But I noticed over time it didn’t work to reduce the alcohol cravings as much. Probably just tolerance though.
I third that, they pair nicely for me and intensify the buzz i get from both. I dont drink much but when i do i feel super good if I take a green beforehand. I usually feel the alcohol more over the kratom tho. I feel red wine is the best combo for drink/kratom. Blends very nicely
-
MorriesWigs80
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:08 pm
- Location: Wilmington NC/Troy NY
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
Not sure, because I found Kratom after my drinking career ended. But, I would give anything to discover it before I stopped. Kratom would have saved me a lot of health, legal, and financial troubles. I was an alcoholic for almost 18 yrs. after I got sober, I tried anything and everything to avoid my obsession with alcohol. Meetings, therapy, gym, meds, you name it. I had a MASSIVE void to fill. Happy to say I’m 14 months sober, still working our, doing great, and I dose 2-3 times a day. It completely curbs my cravings for alcohol, as well as treats my pain from a chronic illness, as I was worried about getting sober from alcohol, only to get addicted to opiate narcotic pain killers. I still work out a lot and go to therapy, but Kratom has honestly filled the rest. I’m super glad to hear another drinker reaps the benefits of Kratom curbing the desire to booze it up!
-
Nic
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:16 pm
Re: Could booze negatively impact your burn?
Herbal hippie- it is more of a darker green.
Batch# WRBR060719-1
Batch# WRBR060719-1