What to do with bunk kratom?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
RumRunner
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am

What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by RumRunner »

I guess we all deal with this. Bags and bags laying around, most open, some unopened.
I know I’ll never use this stuff, but it’s still difficult to toss it. I’ve spent a lot of money.

I’ve heard some cut the bunk stuff in to the good stuff to stretch it out.
What do you do?
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by beathappening »

Post it on sell/trade with a disclaimer.
Give it away to someone in need.
Give it to someone new to kratom that has no tolerance.
put it away for another day, some strains will work better a few months/years down the road.
Put it away as a backup in case one day you run out.

Your idea of mixing using it to dilute good kratom may be useful for tapering down I suppose, but I'd rather keep the good from the separatee.
User avatar
mivanqua
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Kratom Champion (Rank 11)
Posts: 2353
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by mivanqua »

All of beathappening's ideas are good. Another is to make extract if that's your cup of tea. It isn't very hard and there's tek laying around on here and on reddit. Could be fun!
It could also be your body chemistry. What are some of these bunk strains that you have laying around?
MitraGuy19
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:30 pm
Location: USA

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by MitraGuy19 »

6 months ago I had picked up several strains from RVA and a couple of them did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe a slight tinge of a feeling but definitely not quality.... so I thought. I packed em away at the bottom of a suitcase and moved on.

Fast forward about 4 months..... someone posts a review on here for one of the RVA strains. I decided to give it another shot and BAM! it actually ended up working now. Dont get me wrong, It's still not quality but it's not trash either. Also, kinda gives me a headache but the point is to shelve it for a while and perhaps come back to it?

Oh, and I also experiment around with extracts and when I do, that is the leaf that I use. :D
conscious_conundrum
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by conscious_conundrum »

I give them away, make extract or use them when my tolerance is in need of maintenance. Take sup-par strains for a few days then switch back to my favs....works like a charm. ;)
g0ldl10n
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by g0ldl10n »

I use them in blends. I've come to realize that blending is an actual "skill" that takes practice (trial and error), and blending the "wrong" stains (even if they are all good solo) can result in a weak burn. The most revealing oddity from my notes is that blends using weak Kratom alongside potent Kratom are typically more successful than only using stains that are potent on their own.

I'm not sure if anyone else shares this experience, but now I see potential in MOST of the Kratom I have.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by Payshince »

beathappening wrote:Post it on sell/trade with a disclaimer.
Give it away to someone in need.
Give it to someone new to kratom that has no tolerance.
put it away for another day, some strains will work better a few months/years down the road.
Put it away as a backup in case one day you run out.

Your idea of mixing using it to dilute good kratom may be useful for tapering down I suppose, but I'd rather keep the good from the separatee.

This is ALL Spot On!
Fn excellent Ideas :!: :idea: ;) :D
- Payshince
clueless vein
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 pm

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by clueless vein »

Use as filler in blends. I've found a use for almost every batch that way. Even if its not for me. You can surprise yourself. Best way ive found, is 50/50ing another similar burn with it. And whatever else you feel will work. But it's all up to you, have fun dude.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by herbalhippie »

conscious_conundrum wrote:use them when my tolerance is in need of maintenance. Take sup-par strains for a few days then switch back to my favs....works like a charm. ;)
Brilliant!! I'm going to try this myself starting tonight!
Webistics
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Monterey, CA

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by Webistics »

I've made them into extracts before. It feels less wasteful experimenting with glycerin and citrus and all of that when the particular batch wasn't doing much to begin with.
jabro70
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:40 am

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by jabro70 »

herbalhippie wrote:
conscious_conundrum wrote:use them when my tolerance is in need of maintenance. Take sup-par strains for a few days then switch back to my favs....works like a charm. ;)
Brilliant!! I'm going to try this myself starting tonight!
This is my way of taking a tolerance break too!
:lol:
RumRunner
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by RumRunner »

Some amazing ideas here. Thanks.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by CatfatherB »

[quote="RumRunner"
I’ve heard some cut the bunk stuff in to the good stuff to stretch it out.
What do you do?[/quote]


Start a new up and coming Facebook group and start slinging that crap!!!! :shock:

NOT!!!!! :lol:
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by Payshince »

Hahaha
Awesome feedback every1

Now this is a good Thread, OP! :P :idea:
- Payshince
User avatar
gumbyke1
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by gumbyke1 »

3 Ideas...

1. With kratom, one person's bunk is the next kratomites treasure. One thing I am certain of.... people have very different opinions on what is"fire" kratom. I've been doing consumer testing for a long time and we have had to actually create a formula that accounts for this phenomenon when applying the data we collect. Send some samples to another peer and see what they think. If they like it, you might want to put it on the swap-n-sell.

2. If you dont want to make an extract as many have suggested, the next best option would be to prepare a tea with it. You can add as much as you want until it is just right.

3. If your sure its bunk, you can look for somebody that would want to buy discounted kratom. Occasionally we will try something crazy with our processing and the batch completely misses the mark. Whenever we have those, I will usually sell it to private buyers for a heavy discount (yes, they know what they are buying :D ). I bet you could even find somebody on this forum to buy it if you try!

Good luck!
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
User avatar
brave777
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Kratom Master (Rank 10)
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by brave777 »

Been busy with life but i ll add my 2 cent steps i take.

1. If you used kratom everyday/most likely/kratom is not bunk and needs further testing.
2. Taking complete 3 day off or at least 24 hours is a must to know for sure what you got, the more days off the better.
3. If you can't take a break and your tolerance is high, i consider 20+ grams a high tolerance. 12 grams a day a mid tolerance, and 6 grams a day, low.
4. I over taken some new kratom before and thought it was utter shit followed by all the things when you over take it. When cut in half of that new stuff it was the most amazing kratom and i was wondering why i havent came back to this bunk earlier. So try cutting 50% back if it work, some kratom i realized literally has to be less for it to work and some not so true, you just have too take more, maybe cause it has low %mitra. Thats why its good to stash awaya nd come back.
5. Always give it more then 3-6 try's before you decide its bunk for sure, with tolerance breaks, with cutting it back 50% if heavy user or even if you consume very little adding extra grams to it. Experiment. As we all know kratom comes from different regions and who knows how they dry the leafs or how mature the tree's are or the weather factors.
6. Play with blending, sometimes just the right amount of your so called bunk can make a standout, and you would wish you starting test blending before. i bet a lot of vendors do it and come up with weird catchy names for it.
7. Just cause its bunk for you, someone else might be searching for that specific one and will take off you in a heart beat because they ran out and it was their awesome burns.
8. Play with it first, if still dont work with you, donate, swap or trade.
9. Another thing i tried with kratom i didn't care, boil it, literally boil the shit out of it. just add more then usual into your pot. Maybe some lemon. Strain it. I had some great results, forget the you might kill some property in in if you boil it, do it and see it for your self, had some very potent stuff. Remember one time, my response time was so fast then most didnt even finish sentence i already replied. Most boiled kratom made me snappy in a good way, tackle the tasks, get it done. Maybe it was the fast once i boiled, maybe reds will be perfect sleep potions. + boil kills most bad in it if it had any so its a win win if you were worried.

Good luck/ :)
Kratom user since 2014!
Every1jockzjay
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:59 pm

Re: What to do with bunk kratom?

Post by Every1jockzjay »

I had a bunk batch from SoCal when I ordered rb1 in June I think, anyway the green md I got was complete and utter bunk.... I’m talking take the whole 250 and not feel a thing. To test how bunk it was I made tea with 60 grams for a mason jars worth... worst tasting tea ever bc it was so strong and still not the slightest effects.
If it’s as bunk as that, throw it out lol
Post Reply