Sudden nausea

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Webistics
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Monterey, CA

Sudden nausea

Post by Webistics »

I've been having the weirdest experience over the last few days. Despite using kratom for years at 20g per dose several times a day, I'm getting the worst motion sickness I've ever experienced. I've tried cutting my dose significantly but it's still brutal.

Does anyone have experience? Thoughts?
User avatar
KurtisCards
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by KurtisCards »

20 grams per dose multiple times a day?!?!?!

that is insanely too much.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by CatfatherB »

Webistics wrote:I've been having the weirdest experience over the last few days. Despite using kratom for years at 20g per dose several times a day, I'm getting the worst motion sickness I've ever experienced. I've tried cutting my dose significantly but it's still brutal.

Does anyone have experience? Thoughts?


How many years at that dose? Do you even get benefits from a dose that size? Just.....WOW!?! :)
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3628
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by BallzDeep9 »

Webistics wrote:Despite using kratom for years at 20g per dose several times a day,
Huh? :shock: 20 grams per dose. For years? Why are you abusing kratom?

I mean kratom won't get you any "higher" over like 5 grams, but, maybe you enjoy shitting bricks? who knows :lol:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by herbalhippie »

Webistics wrote:I've been having the weirdest experience over the last few days. Despite using kratom for years at 20g per dose several times a day, I'm getting the worst motion sickness I've ever experienced. I've tried cutting my dose significantly but it's still brutal.

Does anyone have experience? Thoughts?
My thought is, this is VERY worrisome!

I don't know what to tell you except taper, taper and taper down some more. Then stop for a while!
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by Payshince »

I use 20g total a day maybe a little more using 4-5 doses total.
Ive literally never gone over 6grams at once, Ever!

This is Waaaayyy too much. Of course you’re going to have adverse side effects from a dose that size!
Please use Stem&Vein and or Hirsuta and taper way wayy down because this is not healthy or safe at all.

Can only imagine how your body and mind are handling breaking all this down.

Less is More.

Take care

PS -
please don’t take offense by my comment if possible. I have side effects from time to time as well and the body can only handle soo much with the food, medications, and herbal supplements etc that we put into our bodies! ***
:!:
Good luck!
- Payshince
clueless vein
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 pm

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by clueless vein »

Youre ingesting a lot of plant material frequently. (that's what i think about.) It can cause nausea of course;not exactly a glass of apple juice. Could your doses be interacting taking them too close together and so high of a dose? Maybe youre basically monkeybarring doses and getting wobbles/side effects longer term, but that's just a thought. Just take it easy brother. I always cold turkey for breaks, but I'm not near 20g per dose. Or per day. Try cutting down slowly maybe in blends, that's helped me out when i start climbing. But your on kratom Everest. You'll be ok, I hope you get some sleep, i know thats a real struggle coming off. But you'll be ok.
BurntEnds
Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 am

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by BurntEnds »

Man sometimes people really get their knickers in a bunch over things they don't agree with and the internet has done away with some of the niceties and tact that it seems more had 10 years ago! I would hope that this is a place to invite questions and provide help, not shame and fear of posting. In a professional environment I taught students for years and I always encouraged them to ask any question no matter how silly or stupid it seemed. This is so that they didn't pretend to know what they were doing or even worse to do themselves or others harm out of a fear of asking questions.

Yes I agree that dose is a bit high however if this nausea came on suddenly it's unlikely that that alone is the problem. Some other questions I would ask did you just switch vendors or strains you are using? Does it happen with every dose? Does it happen with every strain? Do you have some of what you were using before this started and does it happen when you take that?
User avatar
gumbyke1
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by gumbyke1 »

Webistics wrote:I've been having the weirdest experience over the last few days. Despite using kratom for years at 20g per dose several times a day, I'm getting the worst motion sickness I've ever experienced. I've tried cutting my dose significantly but it's still brutal.

Does anyone have experience? Thoughts?
That's a strange one - I haven't heard of anyone experiencing that (other than the wobbles of course). Im sure you have already thought through this, but are there any other changes you have made to your diet or new medications you are taking (I know... Im an original Matlock). Did this start with a new batch of kratom? Is there a possibility your kratom got contaminated with something (moisture, etc..).

Let me know, Im very interested in hearing an update.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
beathappening
Banned
Posts: 1643
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by beathappening »

Do you ever get pain in your right/back side midsection? Sometimes when I take too much a few days in a row I get digestive pain, like my body is in overdrive trying to process all the plant matter through my system. Maybe it's your liver?
steviez83
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:12 am

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by steviez83 »

I’ve found Kratom to affect my equilibrium and balance so the only real solution is to take less. Try ginger for the nausea.
Payshince
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Kratom Pro (Rank 8)
Posts: 1140
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Location: NH

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by Payshince »

Yes Ginger mints and Ginger candies
(Ginger-Ale) ;) most common Id imagine
My favorite is Chimes’ Ginger Chews!!

Very good and they help a lot!

For those of you who dont like the taste of Ginger I’m not too sure what the alternatives are...
Hippie any thoughts?
- Payshince
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by CatfatherB »

For wobbles/nausea, I've always ate burnt toast and it clears it up pretty quick ;)
wokeaf
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by wokeaf »

How does stem and vein help with tapering?
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by herbalhippie »

Payshince wrote:
For those of you who dont like the taste of Ginger I’m not too sure what the alternatives are...
Hippie any thoughts?
REAL ginger ale. Not Canada Dry. Something like Vernor's or the ginger ales you see in the health food section of stores.

Peppermint maybe.
Webistics
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Monterey, CA

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by Webistics »

Some of these replies were more aggressive than expected, especially considering the probability of them being made by medical professionals, HOWEVER there is something comforting in interacting with a community online that does care about each other's health.

My doses are kind of hardcore compared to most users, I recognize this. With that said, I haven't experienced anything outside of the ordinary until now.

I drink a gallon of water (at least) each day, exercise at a moderate-strenuous level daily, and pair every dose with a small amount of diphenhydramine, effectively treating the nausea (and allergies from my work environment).

I'm beginning to think that my previous go-to source had really shitty product, and so did the head shops that I would occasionally frequent.
I lowered my doses significantly between yesterday and today, and am finding a much more comfortable sweet spot at a quarter of what I was taking.

Go figure.
Webistics
Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Monterey, CA

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by Webistics »

BurntEnds wrote: Some other questions I would ask did you just switch vendors or strains you are using? Does it happen with every dose? Does it happen with every strain? Do you have some of what you were using before this started and does it happen when you take that?
Yep, new vendor.
It was every dose, 4 separate strains.

I wasn't ready to believe that all the product I was using before from more than one vendor was that shitty in comparison, but it's increasingly looking like the simplest answer.
User avatar
herbalhippie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7127
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by herbalhippie »

Webistics wrote: I lowered my doses significantly between yesterday and today, and am finding a much more comfortable sweet spot at a quarter of what I was taking.

Go figure.
Excellent!
User avatar
gumbyke1
Verified Vendor
Verified Vendor
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Sudden nausea

Post by gumbyke1 »

Webistics wrote:Some of these replies were more aggressive than expected, especially considering the probability of them being made by medical professionals, HOWEVER there is something comforting in interacting with a community online that does care about each other's health.

My doses are kind of hardcore compared to most users, I recognize this. With that said, I haven't experienced anything outside of the ordinary until now.

I drink a gallon of water (at least) each day, exercise at a moderate-strenuous level daily, and pair every dose with a small amount of diphenhydramine, effectively treating the nausea (and allergies from my work environment).

I'm beginning to think that my previous go-to source had really shitty product, and so did the head shops that I would occasionally frequent.
I lowered my doses significantly between yesterday and today, and am finding a much more comfortable sweet spot at a quarter of what I was taking.

Go figure.
Awesome, glad you could find a sweet spot!
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
Post Reply