Traveling with kratom?
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Traveling with kratom?
I know kratom is banned in some states, ,so if you are go on vacation, ,you have to take your relief remedy, ,so if you get pulled over and searched by a hillbilly highway patrolman,in a state where it's banned,,what happens? I don't know why I'm worried about it,,,but never know, ,
-
Oletimer
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 928
- Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 pm
Re: Traveling with kratom?
Arkansas, Alabama and Tennessee, ,that's where it's banned, my cousin asked me about it, since we're driving together,,I don't think they do anything since we are from legal states,,but she's anxious, making me anxious, ,I'm clueless,,it's not like we carrying marijuana, ,good grief
-
heme2016
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:51 am
- Location: Brighton, CO
Re: Traveling with kratom?
There have been people arrested in Alabama for kratom. I do believe they were driving with it in plain sight, or did something else to tip off Officer Bubba that they had it with them. Sorry I can't point to the story, been too long since I read it.
Avoid banned states if you possibly can. If you must travel through a banned state, keep your kratom out of sight, ideally in an inconspicuous container - one labeled something like "superfood nutrient powder" or "matcha tea", and that container overpacked in a suitcase. Don't carry anything else that looks suspicious (like a scale). And never, ever, consent to a search of your vehicle or possessions.
Avoid banned states if you possibly can. If you must travel through a banned state, keep your kratom out of sight, ideally in an inconspicuous container - one labeled something like "superfood nutrient powder" or "matcha tea", and that container overpacked in a suitcase. Don't carry anything else that looks suspicious (like a scale). And never, ever, consent to a search of your vehicle or possessions.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Traveling with kratom?
Tennessee is legal now, when I first started kratom it wasnt, the attorney general decided that it was only "synthetic" forms of kratom that was banned by the state, not natural occurring kratom.Oletimer wrote:Arkansas, Alabama and Tennessee, ,that's where it's banned, my cousin asked me about it, since we're driving together,,I don't think they do anything since we are from legal states,,but she's anxious, making me anxious, ,I'm clueless,,it's not like we carrying marijuana, ,good grief
-
Tbaby
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:05 pm
Re: Traveling with kratom?
Flying with it has never posed an issue for me. TSA is not looking for drugs and they certainly don't look for Kratom. I've had them take it out of my bag in illegal states to look at it, but I just tell them its a green superfood, which it is
I did fly to Abu Dhabi this spring, where everything including most perception meds without a doctors note are illegal. I was pretty nervous about walking through customs but it was fine. For the most part no one really knows what it is, and I don't think they have a test for it, that they can test it on the spot like they do with many other drugs. If in an illegal state or country, I suggest carrying it in a container that says green superfood, or green tea and no one will know the wiser.
-
Seacookie
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:38 pm
- Location: Pensacola, Florida
Re: Traveling with kratom?
I've flown across country with a kilo(4x 250g bags), and TSA never batted an eye, but I do have a good friend who was driving from Texas back home to NW Florida, and got pulled over in Mobile, Alabama. Dummy had a joint in plain view which warrant the cop to search his car which in turn found 50g of kratom and arrested him for felony possession so like others have said if going through an illegal state just label it as moringa or any other green super food. Such a shame methadone clinics are legal while an herb/leaf can be highly illegal.
-
berzerkt
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:57 am
Re: Traveling with kratom?
Good news about Tennessee! I had no idea that they removed the ban. Common sense governor there apparently.
I'm in Texas but like to go to Arkansas Ozarks now and then. I just take it anyhow. I sometimes put it in capsules and put it in a healthfood bottle or something just in case. I normally don't use capsules. I went through Alabama once also and was worried but as long as you don't drive like an idiot you'll be fine.
I got on a plane Minnesota a while back and made capsules. They didn't search or anything. It's not like those blue-shirted dopes are going to pull out a test kit to see what it is.
My uncle was going through Arkansas from down here...to get home in Kentucky and he had a big bag of pills of Turmeric that my brother made for him. Helps with arthritis. He gets pulled over by a state trooper. The idiot had a freezer sized bag of these pills sitting in plain sight right on the passenger seat. 000 sized ones - the huge ones...and they were bright red and yellow. That trooper had him pulled over for over in the dark for an hour and he was scared shitless. He tried to tell the trooper what they were but the cop didn't believe him and commenced to harass him for sometime. My uncle is in his late 60s.
Anyhow, they finally let him go but he threw the entire bag out of the window and instead of stopping for the night drove all the way home through the night. Funny story, but the moral of the story is - don't drive with a big ass bag of pills in the front seat.
I'm in Texas but like to go to Arkansas Ozarks now and then. I just take it anyhow. I sometimes put it in capsules and put it in a healthfood bottle or something just in case. I normally don't use capsules. I went through Alabama once also and was worried but as long as you don't drive like an idiot you'll be fine.
I got on a plane Minnesota a while back and made capsules. They didn't search or anything. It's not like those blue-shirted dopes are going to pull out a test kit to see what it is.
My uncle was going through Arkansas from down here...to get home in Kentucky and he had a big bag of pills of Turmeric that my brother made for him. Helps with arthritis. He gets pulled over by a state trooper. The idiot had a freezer sized bag of these pills sitting in plain sight right on the passenger seat. 000 sized ones - the huge ones...and they were bright red and yellow. That trooper had him pulled over for over in the dark for an hour and he was scared shitless. He tried to tell the trooper what they were but the cop didn't believe him and commenced to harass him for sometime. My uncle is in his late 60s.
Anyhow, they finally let him go but he threw the entire bag out of the window and instead of stopping for the night drove all the way home through the night. Funny story, but the moral of the story is - don't drive with a big ass bag of pills in the front seat.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Traveling with kratom?
re-Reading these posts remind me of the movie..."My cousin Vinny"
"You're in Ala-fuckin-Bama, you killed a good ole' boy, There's now way this isn't going to trial"
"You're in Ala-fuckin-Bama, you killed a good ole' boy, There's now way this isn't going to trial"
-
steviez83
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:12 am
Re: Traveling with kratom?
Definitely treat it like a schedule 1 in states like Alabama, as they are not forgiving since it's the law. So ass backwards. I once drove through Alabama with my whole stash and was sweating the whole time. If you're going through an illegal state you can always mail it to your destination address.