Stolen package
-
KraytomorKraatom?
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:40 pm
- Location: NW Ohio
Stolen package
Had an order I was waiting on for close to 10 days. Finally showed up while I was at work yesterday. Said it was delivered at 1:11 with another regular (not kratom) package. I got home at 1:35. Found my regular package in my box but the kratom was nowhere to be found. I went out to the post office and tried to find out what happened. A supervisor out there called my mail man and he said that it was too big to fit in my box so he left it on the ground. I talked to the vendor and asked what packaging it was sent it. The last one fit in my box fine. The vendor said it was a priority mail envelope same as the last. I waited for the mail man today to ask him face to face what happened. Unfortunately it wasn't my normal mail man. I'm not really sure what to do from here. I know kratom is legal but idk about filing a police report. Not sure how they will take that. Also I prefer to not deal with the police no matter what the circumstances. Not really sure what other options there are. If anyone has had experience with something similar and has a solution I would appreciate the advice. This just really sucks as I was completely out and was waiting for this package to get my through the holidays. Plus the strain I ordered was the best I have ever had and I was pretty stoked to get more. Now I have to spend an arm and a leg for smoke shop kratom to get me by until I can get another package. Probably send them to my girlfriends house from now on. Seriously bummed about it. Not a great start to the holidays.
-
Lambeezy
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 249
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm
Re: Stolen package
Not much you can do. When this happens my mail man gets out and brings it up to the door. I installed a ring doorbell I got off amazon for 60 bucks on Black Friday and it does not miss ANYTHING. And alerts your phone any time there is movement.
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Stolen package
This happened to a friend I sent a package to. You should watch tracking so you know when its there. If it's a problem get a Po box so it can't get jacked.
-
K-Dawg
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
- Location: TX
Re: Stolen package
That person was me... total bummerFartBlaster wrote:This happened to a friend I sent a package to. You should watch tracking so you know when its there. If it's a problem get a Po box so it can't get jacked.
I feel your pain KrayTOM.
Last edited by K-Dawg on Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-K-Dawg
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Stolen package
I don't know if this will help: I have dealt with this kind of crap for years. ( 9 out of 10 times the package ends up at your door 2 to 3 days later (despite all of the BULLSHIT that USPS Tracking 'claims' in their 'history').
I can't count the number of times I have looked up "Tracking History" and have seen "transferred 1:24 p.m." Then 5 hours later that has SUDDENLY been changed to "transferred 5:00 p.m." (covering our asses).
Get Screenshots or any other evidence available. USPS.
I had to wait 14 days for a "TWO DAY delivery: shipped on December 10. Their handy excuse? "High volume owing to the holidays." Big Company and screw-you-USPS gets away with them because we let them.
Complain at the Source - loud and clear, repeatedly. Postal is making bank with all of the online sales and shipping costs have become obscene.
I can't count the number of times I have looked up "Tracking History" and have seen "transferred 1:24 p.m." Then 5 hours later that has SUDDENLY been changed to "transferred 5:00 p.m." (covering our asses).
Get Screenshots or any other evidence available. USPS.
I had to wait 14 days for a "TWO DAY delivery: shipped on December 10. Their handy excuse? "High volume owing to the holidays." Big Company and screw-you-USPS gets away with them because we let them.
Complain at the Source - loud and clear, repeatedly. Postal is making bank with all of the online sales and shipping costs have become obscene.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Stolen package
I'm sorry this happened to you! Mail theft is so rampant around this area that I have all my packages sent to work now. That was really interesting when I was buying kratom like a madwoman for a good part of this year. 
-
MetalMamaRocks
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 740
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Stolen package
Aww, I'm so sorry this happened to you! Hopefully it will show up. I never heard of a mailman putting a package on the ground beside the mailbox if it won't fit. The put ours on our porch.
-
®eddit®efugee
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 248
- Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm
Re: Stolen package
Tell your vendor. There's insurance up to $50 included on the package since it is priority. They need to make a claim. You should also go see the postmaster for that post office location, file a formal complaint against the mail carrier explaining the package was *not too big* and that you suspect theft or incompetence. Then wait a week and if you haven't heard anything file a formal complaint with the regional postmaster.
That's about all you can do at the moment. Sorry
If you say your location someone here might be in the same city and can help get you buy or sell you better than headship stuff for cheaper.
That's about all you can do at the moment. Sorry
If you say your location someone here might be in the same city and can help get you buy or sell you better than headship stuff for cheaper.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Stolen package
^^^ excellent advice!
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Stolen package
Agree with this if it was shipped priority. Your vendor should send a replacement if under $50 and file the claim. I file about a claim a week and USPS reimburses me for stolen packages and late ones. It’s an easy process, which is why most vendors offer free priority shipping at some point, it helps protect the vendors and customers.®eddit®efugee wrote:Tell your vendor. There's insurance up to $50 included on the package since it is priority. They need to make a claim. You should also go see the postmaster for that post office location, file a formal complaint against the mail carrier explaining the package was *not too big* and that you suspect theft or incompetence. Then wait a week and if you haven't heard anything file a formal complaint with the regional postmaster.
That's about all you can do at the moment. Sorry
If you say your location someone here might be in the same city and can help get you buy or sell you better than headship stuff for cheaper.
-
KraytomorKraatom?
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:40 pm
- Location: NW Ohio
Re: Stolen package
I appreciate the advice. I think this is pretty much the only option. The vendor was pretty understanding and is working with me to get it resolved. I had MM member reach out to offer help as well. It's just sad people are out there stealing packages around Christmas. Kinda grateful it was something of mine and not a Christmas gift for my daughter or something like that.fusedflora wrote:Agree with this if it was shipped priority. Your vendor should send a replacement if under $50 and file the claim. I file about a claim a week and USPS reimburses me for stolen packages and late ones. It’s an easy process, which is why most vendors offer free priority shipping at some point, it helps protect the vendors and customers.®eddit®efugee wrote:Tell your vendor. There's insurance up to $50 included on the package since it is priority. They need to make a claim. You should also go see the postmaster for that post office location, file a formal complaint against the mail carrier explaining the package was *not too big* and that you suspect theft or incompetence. Then wait a week and if you haven't heard anything file a formal complaint with the regional postmaster.
That's about all you can do at the moment. Sorry
If you say your location someone here might be in the same city and can help get you buy or sell you better than headship stuff for cheaper.
- KBull
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm
Re: Stolen package
You know for the holidays I was reading through this and trying to look at the bright side. So maybe here’s what we can alll hope... (if you don’t get your package back unfortunately). So most people that will steal packages most likely have a drug problem. Now these days it’s a good chance it’s opiates. So maybe the stealer has been looking for the solution to stop but just keeps struggling. He opened this wonderful package hoping to be able to pawn some goods. Instead sees this ground up leaf. Decides to just take some. He’s been clean since the day he stole the package and Kratom saved his life!
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!
-
MetalMamaRocks
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 740
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm
Re: Stolen package
Wouldn't this be great? You must be a very kind person to think of something like this happening. I try to to live my life always looking at the positive and the good in people, but all I could think of was "this thief needs to pay"!KBull wrote:You know for the holidays I was reading through this and trying to look at the bright side. So maybe here’s what we can alll hope... (if you don’t get your package back unfortunately). So most people that will steal packages most likely have a drug problem. Now these days it’s a good chance it’s opiates. So maybe the stealer has been looking for the solution to stop but just keeps struggling. He opened this wonderful package hoping to be able to pawn some goods. Instead sees this ground up leaf. Decides to just take some. He’s been clean since the day he stole the package and Kratom saved his life!
![]()
![]()
![]()
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Stolen package
After half a year they become clean and come back to apologies returning whats left.MetalMamaRocks wrote:Wouldn't this be great? You must be a very kind person to think of something like this happening. I try to to live my life always looking at the positive and the good in people, but all I could think of was "this thief needs to pay"!KBull wrote:You know for the holidays I was reading through this and trying to look at the bright side. So maybe here’s what we can alll hope... (if you don’t get your package back unfortunately). So most people that will steal packages most likely have a drug problem. Now these days it’s a good chance it’s opiates. So maybe the stealer has been looking for the solution to stop but just keeps struggling. He opened this wonderful package hoping to be able to pawn some goods. Instead sees this ground up leaf. Decides to just take some. He’s been clean since the day he stole the package and Kratom saved his life!
![]()
![]()
![]()
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!
Kratom user since 2014!
-
KraytomorKraatom?
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:40 pm
- Location: NW Ohio
Re: Stolen package
This made my day. Sounds like a movie almost. Years later I hear him tell the story in his AA lead and we become friends...KBull wrote:You know for the holidays I was reading through this and trying to look at the bright side. So maybe here’s what we can alll hope... (if you don’t get your package back unfortunately). So most people that will steal packages most likely have a drug problem. Now these days it’s a good chance it’s opiates. So maybe the stealer has been looking for the solution to stop but just keeps struggling. He opened this wonderful package hoping to be able to pawn some goods. Instead sees this ground up leaf. Decides to just take some. He’s been clean since the day he stole the package and Kratom saved his life!
![]()
![]()
![]()
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!
I can only hope to be as optimistic as you KBull. Thanks for laugh.
- herbalhippie
- Global Moderator

- Posts: 7127
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm
- Location: Washington State
Re: Stolen package
This brought a tear to my eye. Bless you.KBull wrote:You know for the holidays I was reading through this and trying to look at the bright side. So maybe here’s what we can alll hope... (if you don’t get your package back unfortunately). So most people that will steal packages most likely have a drug problem. Now these days it’s a good chance it’s opiates. So maybe the stealer has been looking for the solution to stop but just keeps struggling. He opened this wonderful package hoping to be able to pawn some goods. Instead sees this ground up leaf. Decides to just take some. He’s been clean since the day he stole the package and Kratom saved his life!
![]()
![]()
![]()
Happy thinking! Happy holidays double m!!!
-
lemondrop
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:57 pm
Re: Stolen package
I live close to the city center downtown area of a medium sized city. There are lots of pedestrians around at all hours.
I learned pretty quickly after I moved in that my packages would be stolen regularly.
I got a post office box and it's been the best solution for me. They have package lockers in the lobby so I can pick up after hours if needed.
Another bonus is that they complete boxholder delivery by 10 am so it's available to me more quickly than house delivery if it's something, like kratom, that I'm anxious to get.
I order a lot of stuff online and get a steady stream of packages, so it's totally worth the expense
I learned pretty quickly after I moved in that my packages would be stolen regularly.
I got a post office box and it's been the best solution for me. They have package lockers in the lobby so I can pick up after hours if needed.
Another bonus is that they complete boxholder delivery by 10 am so it's available to me more quickly than house delivery if it's something, like kratom, that I'm anxious to get.
I order a lot of stuff online and get a steady stream of packages, so it's totally worth the expense
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Stolen package
"lemondrop"]I live close to the city center downtown area of a medium sized city. There are lots of pedestrians around at all hours.
I learned pretty quickly after I moved in that my packages would be stolen regularly.
I got a post office box and it's been the best solution for me. They have package lockers in the lobby so I can pick up after hours if needed.
Another bonus is that they complete boxholder delivery by 10 am so it's available to me more quickly than house delivery if it's something, like kratom, that I'm anxious to get.
I let my PO Box subscription expire years ago, but after reading this thread, I'm thinking it would be worth it the get one again. Also, we moved and we don't really feel that safe anymore.
At the very least, I figure that's one less rough-and-tumble ride my expensive electronic purchase has to take before I can get it
I learned pretty quickly after I moved in that my packages would be stolen regularly.
I got a post office box and it's been the best solution for me. They have package lockers in the lobby so I can pick up after hours if needed.
Another bonus is that they complete boxholder delivery by 10 am so it's available to me more quickly than house delivery if it's something, like kratom, that I'm anxious to get.
I let my PO Box subscription expire years ago, but after reading this thread, I'm thinking it would be worth it the get one again. Also, we moved and we don't really feel that safe anymore.
At the very least, I figure that's one less rough-and-tumble ride my expensive electronic purchase has to take before I can get it
-
K-Dawg
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
- Location: TX
Re: Stolen package
LemonDrop,lemondrop wrote:I live close to the city center downtown area of a medium sized city. There are lots of pedestrians around at all hours.
I learned pretty quickly after I moved in that my packages would be stolen regularly.
I got a post office box and it's been the best solution for me. They have package lockers in the lobby so I can pick up after hours if needed.
Another bonus is that they complete boxholder delivery by 10 am so it's available to me more quickly than house delivery if it's something, like kratom, that I'm anxious to get.
I order a lot of stuff online and get a steady stream of packages, so it's totally worth the expense
I had a trade stolen from me a couple weeks ago. I rented a PO box strictly for Kratom and vape mail. Its so nice being able to just go to the PO Box and not worry about thieves!
-K-Dawg