Which strain is the best for me
-
welder1988
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:51 pm
Which strain is the best for me
Hello all,
I’ve been using kratom for about a year and a half so I’m still pretty new. Let me start by saying I usually use wholeherbs Maeng da powder. I really like the way it feels (like another substance I won’t go into). Sometimes it hard to get my hands on that brand and strain. When I buy local I cannot seem to find anything as strong as that stuff. It really helps with pain and gives me energy. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good brand and strain that has a very similar affect to an unnamed rx. I usually take 2 teaspoons every 3-4 hours. Any help would be appreciated
I’ve been using kratom for about a year and a half so I’m still pretty new. Let me start by saying I usually use wholeherbs Maeng da powder. I really like the way it feels (like another substance I won’t go into). Sometimes it hard to get my hands on that brand and strain. When I buy local I cannot seem to find anything as strong as that stuff. It really helps with pain and gives me energy. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good brand and strain that has a very similar affect to an unnamed rx. I usually take 2 teaspoons every 3-4 hours. Any help would be appreciated
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Which strain is the best for me
Hi welder and welcome!
Our resident Good Venders Guy - ballzdeep - keeps us updated on the best sellers around. I hope that this link works for you. You will find plenty of good recommendations from folks here. They know what they are talking about.
I think that Liza has some very good, pain-addressing reds: lizasbestbotanicals.com
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us
Our resident Good Venders Guy - ballzdeep - keeps us updated on the best sellers around. I hope that this link works for you. You will find plenty of good recommendations from folks here. They know what they are talking about.
I think that Liza has some very good, pain-addressing reds: lizasbestbotanicals.com
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us
-
beathappening
- Banned
- Posts: 1643
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:19 pm
Re: Which strain is the best for me
The best thing is to buy a sampler pack that has a lot of different strains so you can see what works for you. Everyone is different and experiences strains differently. Always buy small before you buy in quantity. As I said in another thread, Sosa Speciosa, Sacred Son Tea, and Liza's Best Botanicals all have sample packs and a large variety, where you can get 8-9 strains, 1oz each for $35. Since you're looking for pain and energy, I would choose a mixture of greens and reds, you'll likely find something that works for you.
-
oohger
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Re: Which strain is the best for me
Welder. Got a big ole' grin knowing somebody else settled with Wholeherbs Maeng da as my head shop go to.
After a google search I found Doublemherbals leading to amazing Kratom vendors and a host of people full of information that will not steer you wrong. Oh, and save some $erious cash.
I still have some Wholeherbs (they do test product) "premium Maeng Da" that i burn from time to time and find it was pretty decent. For reals. Me thinks what your looking for, my opine only, that is comparable is Benni's Maeng Da blend. Kills the pain and checks off some of the other benefits you might be looking for. Clean. Wonderful. His super bent right now will hit where you need and prepare you for an excellent sleep. Tastes kinda funky good somehow. His Batak is special and respected by many on this site. Nice euphoria/glee/pain killing combo for me. I guess that's kinda the basic message around here>>> we all different. Make no mistake, quality of leaf will not be the reason for less response from your burn. Ballz's list will let you find vendors that can provide the same satisfaction i have had with Benni and every vendor i've sampled and purchase from. Check vendor section and make sure to check in about the double m discounts. Enjoy the search. If you didn't love your mail person, you certainly will now.
After a google search I found Doublemherbals leading to amazing Kratom vendors and a host of people full of information that will not steer you wrong. Oh, and save some $erious cash.
I still have some Wholeherbs (they do test product) "premium Maeng Da" that i burn from time to time and find it was pretty decent. For reals. Me thinks what your looking for, my opine only, that is comparable is Benni's Maeng Da blend. Kills the pain and checks off some of the other benefits you might be looking for. Clean. Wonderful. His super bent right now will hit where you need and prepare you for an excellent sleep. Tastes kinda funky good somehow. His Batak is special and respected by many on this site. Nice euphoria/glee/pain killing combo for me. I guess that's kinda the basic message around here>>> we all different. Make no mistake, quality of leaf will not be the reason for less response from your burn. Ballz's list will let you find vendors that can provide the same satisfaction i have had with Benni and every vendor i've sampled and purchase from. Check vendor section and make sure to check in about the double m discounts. Enjoy the search. If you didn't love your mail person, you certainly will now.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3628
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: Which strain is the best for me
Whole Herbs is a Retail, head-shop BRAND of kratom which is sold to Retail stores by a large wholesaler Nu Wave Botanicals HEREwelder1988 wrote: Let me start by saying I usually use Whole Herbs Maeng da powder. I really like the way it feels...
Same folks who do Remarkable Herbs, and many extract products: K-Shots, MMK-45, etc etc. Retail rip-offs sold at Gas Stations.
Bottom Line, you CAN do better, quality wise... They import like 20 Tons of bulk raw powder per month, from Indonesia... imagine a pile that big? What kind of Quality Control would they have?
Yes they sell LOTS of that retail stuff, Whole Herbs, Remarkable Herbs, etc.. just proves, "Good Average Kratom" is good. Also your first several months, you enjoyed a Honeymoon Effect.. so pretty much any ol' kratom, is going to feel nice.. Now, you're ready for higher quality. IF you want a good legit source, try Okie Naturals' White Fire, or Green Jong Kong Ultra. Sold in 2-oz Retail packs = 56 grams, for $10. Compare that cost to your Nu Wave stuff lol
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: Which strain is the best for me
Welcome Welder! Lots of experience here to lean on.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Which strain is the best for me
Okies, Bennis... Just when I thought I had I found the best already - Thank You for your Lists BD9 - these recommendations pop up and I. Must. Buy!!BallzDeep9 wrote:Whole Herbs is a Retail, head-shop BRAND of kratom which is sold to Retail stores by a large wholesaler Nu Wave Botanicals HEREwelder1988 wrote: Let me start by saying I usually use Whole Herbs Maeng da powder. I really like the way it feels...
Same folks who do Remarkable Herbs, and many extract products: K-Shots, MMK-45, etc etc. Retail rip-offs sold at Gas Stations.
Bottom Line, you CAN do better, quality wise... They import like 20 Tons of bulk raw powder per month, from Indonesia... imagine a pile that big? What kind of Quality Control would they have?. However.. kratom is kratom. It's still kratom, even the bulk crap sold at Retail, can give good effects.
Yes they sell LOTS of that retail stuff, Whole Herbs, Remarkable Herbs, etc.. just proves, "Good Average Kratom" is good. Also your first several months, you enjoyed a Honeymoon Effect.. so pretty much any ol' kratom, is going to feel nice.. Now, you're ready for higher quality. IF you want a good legit source, try Okie Naturals' White Fire, or Green Jong Kong Ultra. Sold in 2-oz Retail packs = 56 grams, for $10. Compare that cost to your Nu Wave stuff lol
Winter is finally coming to Illinois, but I will wear a parka indoors before I give up my precious Kratom budget allowance
Question: Okies is on your Good Vendors list but I have seen Oties
mentioned from time to time - often with much praise. I was confused at first because the names are so similar. Is Otie a good vendor too?
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: Which strain is the best for me
I have an Otie’s super green Malay from August that’s one of my favs. There have been reports of quality fall-off. But last summer Otie’s greens were legit.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Which strain is the best for me
Thanks RumRunner.RumRunner wrote:I have an Otie’s super green Malay from August that’s one of my favs. There have been reports of quality fall-off. But last summer Otie’s greens were legit.
This helps some with the confusion. Sometimes I wondered if reviewers were writing "Oties" when them meant "Okies." Some of the reviews were so good that I was tempted. Guess I'll keep my parka on before I order