Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
bigfootyouboomer
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by bigfootyouboomer »

I've been a long time customer of SoCal, now called First Coast Tea Co. (FCT) (3+ years). About 4 or 5 months ago I started noticing that I had to take more than my usual dose for my desired anxiety results. I'm no longer wondering if this is some mistake on my part. I believe the quality of their kratom has possibly dropped enough that I want to try other vendors. How are the red strains at Smiley or other vendors?

I feel the need to mention that I've been treated very well by SoCal/FCT. I'm super reluctant to leave them. Their customer service really is fantastic. But I can't throw money away if it's become weak. Please, anyone who has noticed this or has any other input, chime in! It's time to place a kilo order!

Thank you in advance.
RumRunner
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)
Posts: 594
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by RumRunner »

I’ll chime in. If I’m buying a kilo, it’s a sure bet absolute fire. Maybe your best course of action is to read reviews, buy some samplers, and put off buying that kilo until you found a new vendor you’re happy with.
FireK
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 am

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by FireK »

IMO you need to try more than one vendor for rotation of strains...Recently ive enjoyed some reds from Benni botanicals, fused flora, rhino, Sosa and in the past smiley, spirit science, TFH etc.
User avatar
BallzDeep9
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Kratom Legend (Rank 12)
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
Contact:

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by BallzDeep9 »

bigfootyouboomer wrote:... now called First Coast Tea Co. (FCT) (3+ years). About 4 or 5 months ago I started noticing that I had to take more than my usual dose ...
Yep. Also known as... Stale Supplier Syndrome = SSS !!! :o

aka 'Stale Strain Syndrome' lol.. I agree with FireK, become a Kratom Kollector, a connoisseur, expand your horizons, try new vendors! :ugeek:
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
BlueRedOcean
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:04 pm

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by BlueRedOcean »

bigfootyouboomer wrote:I've been a long time customer of SoCal, now called First Coast Tea Co. (FCT) (3+ years). About 4 or 5 months ago I started noticing that I had to take more than my usual dose for my desired anxiety results. I'm no longer wondering if this is some mistake on my part. I believe the quality of their kratom has possibly dropped enough that I want to try other vendors. How are the red strains at Smiley or other vendors?

I feel the need to mention that I've been treated very well by SoCal/FCT. I'm super reluctant to leave them. Their customer service really is fantastic. But I can't throw money away if it's become weak. Please, anyone who has noticed this or has any other input, chime in! It's time to place a kilo order!

Thank you in advance.
What were your favorite Firstcoastteaco Strains?
bigfootyouboomer
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by bigfootyouboomer »

[quote]What were your favorite First Coast Tea strains?

I have fond memories of Red Bali, Red Borneo, Red Hulu Kapuas & Red Thai.
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by pray4peace4 »

So I was a fan of SoCal's Red Bali about 18 months ago. It was great. But I got some of First Coast's & it's a big let down. I won't be getting any more of theirs. I think Ballz once said they have a different supplier now. Makes sense. Finding a really good red seems to be quite a chore for me. Yes I've tried STH, & BB, & Fused, & many others. I've had to dig into my antique stash & pull out a Gold Maeng Da from early 2017 that's really really good & fills my longing. And 8still have about 250g of my favorite Red from SoCal.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by acejestyr15 »

pray4peace4 wrote:So I was a fan of SoCal's Red Bali about 18 months ago. It was great. But I got some of First Coast's & it's a big let down. I won't be getting any more of theirs. I think Ballz once said they have a different supplier now. Makes sense. Finding a really good red seems to be quite a chore for me. Yes I've tried STH, & BB, & Fused, & many others. I've had to dig into my antique stash & pull out a Gold Maeng Da from early 2017 that's really really good & fills my longing. And 8still have about 250g of my favorite Red from SoCal.

I'd suggest you get some TFH reds during this opening that is about to start!! I really love their lineup of reds and I'm very picky
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by pray4peace4 »

I thought they were closed to the general public.
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by acejestyr15 »

pray4peace4 wrote:I thought they were closed to the general public.
They do special occasions opening for doubleM members only a few times a year now.... Tmrw they begin allowing pre orders!!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3973&start=40#p36889

Send an email to the one listed from their last offer and follow those same.instructions and they will set ya up with a menu and such!!! Good luck, and enjoy lol.
pray4peace4
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 444
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by pray4peace4 »

Ok, so thanks for the link. I went through that chain about 4 times & the only reference I saw to an email address is gumby telling someone to PM him & then he'd give him the address. So I'll try PMing him & see where that gets me. Thx for the heads up!
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Smiley vs. First Coast Tea: Red Veins for Anxiety

Post by acejestyr15 »

pray4peace4 wrote:Ok, so thanks for the link. I went through that chain about 4 times & the only reference I saw to an email address is gumby telling someone to PM him & then he'd give him the address. So I'll try PMing him & see where that gets me. Thx for the heads up!
It's right there under the white section in the original post......

[email protected]
Post Reply