Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
-
KratomAdvocateMO
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 282
- Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:31 pm
- Location: Anderson, MO
Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Looking for a strong even strain. Something that wont knock me out but still give me a good amount of euphoria.
-
Spencemastaflex
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 500
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Anything green. Green Malay or green kapuas. Specifically the green kapuas from mitraman. Yellow Vietnam is also a go to for that
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Could you describe what you mean by "Euphoric?" There are many people new to kratom who may not be aware of its effects. It can be very helpful when you know what you might experience when imbibing this leaf. "Euphoria" is a VERY suggestive word (often used when describing scheduled drugs). I have used kratom for nearly a year now, but am unfamiliar with this description. Do you think you could be more specific?KratomAdvocateMO wrote:Looking for a strong even strain. Something that wont knock me out but still give me a good amount of euphoria.
-
Spencemastaflex
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 500
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Can we all stop pretending kratom isn't euphoric? I get the thought behind it but come onGreyfeather wrote:Could you describe what you mean by "Euphoric?" There are many people new to kratom who may not be aware of its effects. It can be very helpful when you know what you might experience when imbibing this leaf. "Euphoria" is a VERY suggestive word (often used when describing scheduled drugs). I have used kratom for nearly a year now, but am unfamiliar with this description. Do you think you could be more specific?KratomAdvocateMO wrote:Looking for a strong even strain. Something that wont knock me out but still give me a good amount of euphoria.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Spencemastaflex wrote:Can we all stop pretending kratom isn't euphoric? I get the thought behind it but come onGreyfeather wrote:Could you describe what you mean by "Euphoric?" There are many people new to kratom who may not be aware of its effects. It can be very helpful when you know what you might experience when imbibing this leaf. "Euphoria" is a VERY suggestive word (often used when describing scheduled drugs). I have used kratom for nearly a year now, but am unfamiliar with this description. Do you think you could be more specific?KratomAdvocateMO wrote:Looking for a strong even strain. Something that wont knock me out but still give me a good amount of euphoria.
Pretending? Why would I do that? My question was sincere, and I am interested in helping the OP with their issue. I don't know what you mean by "the thought behind it."
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Euphoric, as in mood lift, and the thought behind it meaning, trying to distance kratom from being considered a street drug.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
I'd recommend that you try some of SOSA's string dried reds...red Indo, red Maeng Da and red Borneo have all been very euphoric for me in the past and hasn't knocked me out...I used to take them at work all the time... 
- Quercus
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
You might try TFH's Wild Harvest Yellow Maeng Da MUK-2 and/or Wild Harvest Indo MUK-1. It looks like they only have 100g bags left of the latter but both of those batches are lovely evening strains. I find the Wild Harvest Yellow Maeng Da a bit more euphoric than the Wild Harvest Indo but the difference is very small. Both are relaxing without being sedating. Both have a bit of energy to them if you need to get things done but not so much that it will get in the way if you just want to kick back and relax for the evening.
I've struggled a bit with the word "euphoric" as well. At what point does a batch go from causing "mood enhancement" to "euphoria?" I've taken batches that have induced wonderful sensations of well-being and happiness but I am not sure they qualify as euphoric. Euphoria, in my experience, has a physicality to it, almost a rush of happiness. Mood enhancement is gentler and the feelings of well-being, happiness, optimism, etc feel more "real" and less like a drug-effect. They also seem to last longer. Initial bursts of euphoria can settle into mood-enhancement, though and often do. This is just my way of looking at the issue - I don't know if anyone else sees things the same way.Greyfeather wrote:Could you describe what you mean by "Euphoric?" There are many people new to kratom who may not be aware of its effects. It can be very helpful when you know what you might experience when imbibing this leaf. "Euphoria" is a VERY suggestive word (often used when describing scheduled drugs). I have used kratom for nearly a year now, but am unfamiliar with this description. Do you think you could be more specific?KratomAdvocateMO wrote:Looking for a strong even strain. Something that wont knock me out but still give me a good amount of euphoria.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
I don't know why the word euphoria is stigmatized to be something bad...I try to use..moodlift instead but...a lot of people take it like...this kratom is gonna get me high af, idk? I've had other stuff give me euphoria...ephedra (the natural stuff) and rhodiola rosea has done it too...neither one of those feel like an opiate either??... 
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Euphoria is relative and or subjective depending on the person, their chemistry, needs, and other variables IMHO.... For instance someone such as myself who's main goals for kratom use most days are pain relief and sleep aid. Therefore, any strain which could make me sleepy and numb some serious pain of sorts could be considered euphoric. On the other hand someone who suffers from CFS aka chronic fatigue syndrome would be more likely to consider strains with some mood boost and energy to be more on the euphoric side. Euphoria to me is defined as a state of bliss, which everyone's definition of bliss is at very least slightly different, right???Greyfeather wrote:Could you describe what you mean by "Euphoric?" There are many people new to kratom who may not be aware of its effects. It can be very helpful when you know what you might experience when imbibing this leaf. "Euphoria" is a VERY suggestive word (often used when describing scheduled drugs). I have used kratom for nearly a year now, but am unfamiliar with this description. Do you think you could be more specific?KratomAdvocateMO wrote:Looking for a strong even strain. Something that wont knock me out but still give me a good amount of euphoria.
- Quercus
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
"A state of bliss" is not only the most concise definition I've read of "euphoria", I think it may be the most accurate, too!acejestyr15 wrote:Euphoria is relative and or subjective depending on the person, their chemistry, needs, and other variables IMHO.... For instance someone such as myself who's main goals for kratom use most days are pain relief and sleep aid. Therefore, any strain which could make me sleepy and numb some serious pain of sorts could be considered euphoric. On the other hand someone who suffers from CFS aka chronic fatigue syndrome would be more likely to consider strains with some mood boost and energy to be more on the euphoric side. Euphoria to me is defined as a state of bliss, which everyone's definition of bliss is at very least slightly different, right???Greyfeather wrote:Could you describe what you mean by "Euphoric?" There are many people new to kratom who may not be aware of its effects. It can be very helpful when you know what you might experience when imbibing this leaf. "Euphoria" is a VERY suggestive word (often used when describing scheduled drugs). I have used kratom for nearly a year now, but am unfamiliar with this description. Do you think you could be more specific?KratomAdvocateMO wrote:Looking for a strong even strain. Something that wont knock me out but still give me a good amount of euphoria.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
"state of bliss" yep...a really good reason to check out those string dried reds from SOSA! 
-
Spencemastaflex
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 500
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Greyfeather wrote:Can we all stop pretending kratom isn't euphoric? I get the thought behind it but come onSpencemastaflex wrote:
Could you describe what you mean by "Euphoric?" There are many people new to kratom who may not be aware of its effects. It can be very helpful when you know what you might experience when imbibing this leaf. "Euphoria" is a VERY suggestive word (often used when describing scheduled drugs). I have used kratom for nearly a year now, but am unfamiliar with this description. Do you think you could be more specific?
Pretending? Why would I do that? My question was sincere, and I am interested in helping the OP with their issue. I don't know what you mean by "the thought behind it."[/quote]
The word "euphoric" isn't owned by the illicit drugs market. Kratom IS euphoric. Maybe not as euphoric as shooting coke into your arm but it is euphoric. I understand we all have to chill out on the hype of kratom lest our government really try to take a stand at banning it but really, I'm so tired of everyone pretending like it doesn't give you quite a boost. If it didnt, then we wouldn't be on here talking about the very best strains, trying to find the best vendors
-
Klubbs
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 6:55 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
I love luckys green md and Oties super green MD as night strains. They can be a day strain as well, but they are a great way to end the night.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
acejestyr15 wrote:Euphoria is relative and or subjective depending on the person, their chemistry, needs, and other variables IMHO.... For instance someone such as myself who's main goals for kratom use most days are pain relief and sleep aid. Therefore, any strain which could make me sleepy and numb some serious pain of sorts could be considered euphoric. On the other hand someone who suffers from CFS aka chronic fatigue syndrome would be more likely to consider strains with some mood boost and energy to be more on the euphoric side. Euphoria to me is defined as a state of bliss, which everyone's definition of bliss is at very least slightly different, right???Greyfeather wrote:Could you describe what you mean by "Euphoric?" There are many people new to kratom who may not be aware of its effects. It can be very helpful when you know what you might experience when imbibing this leaf. "Euphoria" is a VERY suggestive word (often used when describing scheduled drugs). I have used kratom for nearly a year now, but am unfamiliar with this description. Do you think you could be more specific?KratomAdvocateMO wrote:Looking for a strong even strain. Something that wont knock me out but still give me a good amount of euphoria.
Thanks ace (and you too, Quercus)
I did take a Meang Da once. An hour later I was at physical rehab and I just started chattering and laughing (and perspiring and turning red). I think I would describe that as more "MANIC" though. Maybe I felt very happy? I just know that I can't handle stimulants so I was trembling a bit too. I was afraid to take that strain again. But maybe that was what others would call euphoric.
I pretty much only use Reds (slow). Are greens more Euphoric? Anyway, I'm not trying to be a pain: I''m just ignorant on this subject. Thanks for sharing your ideas
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 594
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
I think the word euphoria means different things to different people. Euphoria in the context of kratom can’t approach the euphoria of street drugs. For me, it means mood lift. A feeling of well-being, friendliness and sometimes way too chatty.
So someone who has never used street drugs could easily call it euphoric, at least from their perspective.
So someone who has never used street drugs could easily call it euphoric, at least from their perspective.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
RumRunner wrote:I think the word euphoria means different things to different people. Euphoria in the context of kratom can’t approach the euphoria of street drugs. For me, it means mood lift. A feeling of well-being, friendliness and sometimes way too chatty.
So someone who has never used street drugs could easily call it euphoric, at least from their perspective.
This makes sense to me. Years ago I had a casual acquaintance who had kicked a heroin addiction. She shared some stories about drug culture. She told me that there was simply nothing that compares to the high from heroin.
Your description sounds a lot like my experience with the Meang Da. I was just VERY embarrassed and nervous (and scared). I think I would like to give it another try. I certainly felt like I was a few feet off of the ground
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 594
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
I’ve heard that too about heroin. I try to stick with my kratom plan. 2 doses per day max. At or under 10 grams per day. Avoid impulsive redosing. One day off per week. And, a nice strain/vendor rotation. Maintaining a healthy relationship with this plant is possible, but it requires some self-control.Greyfeather wrote:RumRunner wrote:I think the word euphoria means different things to different people. Euphoria in the context of kratom can’t approach the euphoria of street drugs. For me, it means mood lift. A feeling of well-being, friendliness and sometimes way too chatty.
So someone who has never used street drugs could easily call it euphoric, at least from their perspective.
This makes sense to me. Years ago I had a casual acquaintance who had kicked a heroin addiction. She shared some stories about drug culture. She told me that there was simply nothing that compares to the high from heroin.
Your description sounds a lot like my experience with the Meang Da. I was just VERY embarrassed and nervous (and scared). I think I would like to give it another try. I certainly felt like I was a few feet off of the ground
- WhiteAngelica
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1161
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:07 pm
- Location: New York
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
euphoria is an orgasm.
you're welcome.
you're welcome.
The Red Queen
- psychonaut
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:14 am
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
I guess I use the term euphoria too loosely. For me, something that pulls me out of the dark internal place that I inhabit much of the time qualifies as euphoric. For regular well-adjusted people that might just be what they call normal.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Just touches on what I mentioned earlier in the thread.... everyone's definition and feeling of euphoria varies. So I don't think you're using t term too loosely I just think that you have your feeling of euphoria as I have mine and every other individual aside from us.... slightly different in the least I'm sure!!psychonaut wrote:I guess I use the term euphoria too loosely. For me, something that pulls me out of the dark internal place that I inhabit much of the time qualifies as euphoric. For regular well-adjusted people that might just be what they call normal.
Being able to make solid definition and descriptions for yourself and pick and choose your strains accordingly is the hard yet important part of this lead I'd say!! Once you feel ,like you have a firm grasp on what you like, what to look for, and how to find it.... the hunt/journey of Kratom gets a lil easier and a bit more fun too I'd say!,
-
Seer
- Kratomite (Rank 1)
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:49 am
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Yep, I'm looking for a good, relaxing, opioid-like ( at least as close as Kratom can get you to it. Greyfeather's friend is right about nothing compares to heroin ) sedation, pain relief, generally as close to my RX'd chronic pain meds (Roxicodone, of which I'm prescribed not nearly enough ATM ). That's why I stick to reds when I buy a couple ounces each month ( anything speedy exacerbates my panic disorder, then I have to eat another xanny ). So, can someone more experienced with Kratom than I suggest a good strain/type? Since I only have access to gas station Kratom ATM, I've had the best results with Remarkable Herbs Indo, Bali, and Borneo. I also thought some kind of red Matrix brand capsules were okay when the gas station sold them, but I had to eat all 20 of the 1/2 gram capsules at once, and that's expensive at $7.99 for a dose. Even with the RH powder, I have to take about 2 heaping tablespoons, so a $10 ounce doesn't last long. Right now I took a tablespoon each of RH's Indo and Bali. It's okay, given Kratom's subtle effects, it helps keep withdrawls from pain meds somewhat bearable. Anyone have any suggestions for a nice, euphoric, sedating, opie-like strain? The place I get RH also carries Royal Kratom ( I've heard they suck ) and Bumblebee brands ( they had some kind of red ), and some other brand I don't remember. Anyone try those I mentioned? Also, how would more experienced users rate RH's reds in general and compared to online stuff like Kraken? Thanks if anyone can help ~Seer
- Quercus
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Er...who did you say your vendor was?WhiteAngelica wrote:euphoria is an orgasm.
you're welcome.
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
I'm going.to take a shot.in the dark and guess her vendor is her significant other? Err...or herself, maybe? Actually, orgasms are in a class all their own as half of our brain and chemistry is set up for providing them. Why do heroin and cocaine feel so good? Because the processes they cause in our brain are the same, and even mimic orgasm chemicals in the case of amphetamines. It's funny because we, as humans, think (erroneously, I might add) that we are so complicated and above all other creatures, but we all want the same thing. Our brain releasing those orgasm chemicals.Quercus wrote:Er...who did you say your vendor was?WhiteAngelica wrote:euphoria is an orgasm.
you're welcome.
-
Rhino236
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 320
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:56 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Should definitely try my 030920B Super Green Malay. It’s like the perfect last afternoon early evening strain. Relaxing, warm, and one hell of a mood lift.
-
Closedeyesearch
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:09 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
rhinos sgm is legendary imo
-
BobDylanKratom
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 140
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:20 pm
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
I’m getting my first of Rhino’s SGM delivered Thursday. I’m a huge fan of mood-lifting greens and have read good things about this one...
-
pray4peace4
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 444
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am
Re: Looking for a good euphoric evening strain.
Kratom experiences vary significantly from person to person so it seems to me to be impossible to refer someone to a strain from any vendor with guaranteed results. And yes, the dancing around the subject of euphoria seems contrived. Either that or a considerable number of people on here haven't had good kratom. I've had kratom generated euphoria from both red & green strains, & I've read where many members of this forum get euphoria from white strains, which I've never experienced, but to each their own. Herbal RVA'S PMD is euphoric for me, so is PMD from Kratom Crumbs & quite extraordinarily so I may add. Those are my suggestions to the OP.