When the Kratom is too fast....
-
My4girlsand1boy
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:53 am
When the Kratom is too fast....
What do you when you feel the Kratom is giving you the jitters and is a little too fast? Do you take a slower strain or anything else to help calm the jitters? This morning I’m getting some jitters so I ate, but still a little jittery. Will taking a slower strain help or just wait it out? I just want to hear some of your experiences with the jitters and how you calmed it down.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: When the Kratom is too fast....
I typically will eat something, preferably some carbs....as well as drink extra water! I am very sensitive to any type of stimulation and get jitters pretty easily so my daytime strains are all smooth energy types as I totally understand what you're talking about. I also then make a note to cut my dose with that strain the next time I try it and or blend it with something that could possibly even it out a bit FYI.My4girlsand1boy wrote:What do you when you feel the Kratom is giving you the jitters and is a little too fast? Do you take a slower strain or anything else to help calm the jitters? This morning I’m getting some jitters so I ate, but still a little jittery. Will taking a slower strain help or just wait it out? I just want to hear some of your experiences with the jitters and how you calmed it down.
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: When the Kratom is too fast....
Yeah the jitters suck, usually it means you took too much on an empty stomach...I wouldn't recommend taking even a slower batch for at least 6 hours after the jitters...just remember how strong that batch is next time and prepare accordingly... 
-
Greyson6ix
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:36 pm
Re: When the Kratom is too fast....
I have this same issue. What are your favorite strains form vendors that have the least stimulation?acejestyr15 wrote:I typically will eat something, preferably some carbs....as well as drink extra water! I am very sensitive to any type of stimulation and get jitters pretty easily so my daytime strains are all smooth energy types as I totally understand what you're talking about. I also then make a note to cut my dose with that strain the next time I try it and or blend it with something that could possibly even it out a bit FYI.My4girlsand1boy wrote:What do you when you feel the Kratom is giving you the jitters and is a little too fast? Do you take a slower strain or anything else to help calm the jitters? This morning I’m getting some jitters so I ate, but still a little jittery. Will taking a slower strain help or just wait it out? I just want to hear some of your experiences with the jitters and how you calmed it down.
-
RumRunner
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 595
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 am
Re: When the Kratom is too fast....
You spent good money on something that is way too fast and gives you jitters? Try blending it with a slow red or a slow green and smooth it out a bit.My4girlsand1boy wrote:What do you when you feel the Kratom is giving you the jitters and is a little too fast? Do you take a slower strain or anything else to help calm the jitters? This morning I’m getting some jitters so I ate, but still a little jittery. Will taking a slower strain help or just wait it out? I just want to hear some of your experiences with the jitters and how you calmed it down.
“What’s burnin’ today” thread can give you some tips on blends.
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: When the Kratom is too fast....
I only got real shaky and jittery one time, it was on 4 grams of plantation lot 12-batch 1911 from botanical bunny. For me that was a very fast strain. I ate a cliff granola bar and the shakes eased right up. Now I only take that strain in very small doses mixed with other strains.
- Quercus
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 292
- Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 am
Re: When the Kratom is too fast....
I've only gotten the jitters a handful of times, normally for me the faster the better. Probably the best antidote was eating something, as others have mentioned. However, one time I did take another, slower strain in hopes that it would calm things down. The highly energetic strain was MitraMan's White Kapuas 8/2019 and the calming strain was H-RVA's White Big Bang 12/2018. It worked beautifully. The WBB just smoothed everything right out without eliminating the positive energy from the White Kapuas. Unfortunately, I can also see how that could have backfired big time so I'm not sure I'd press my luck and repeat the experiment.My4girlsand1boy wrote:What do you when you feel the Kratom is giving you the jitters and is a little too fast? Do you take a slower strain or anything else to help calm the jitters? This morning I’m getting some jitters so I ate, but still a little jittery. Will taking a slower strain help or just wait it out? I just want to hear some of your experiences with the jitters and how you calmed it down.
Anyway, this is ideally all beside the point because you are hopefully feeling fine, over 24 hours later!
-
Sneakers
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:27 am
Re: When the Kratom is too fast....
Ive gotten the jitters a few times (for me too much sedation or a detached feeling is an even worse experience, but thats another story...) and I haven't found much that really works. I will eat and throw in a red to mellow out, but once it hits you, you have to just wait it out I guess. The nice thing about kratom is that it's not super long acting so its usually just a few hours of being uncomfortable.
The main thing for me though is that I am very careful when first trying any strain. I typically start with only a small amount, like .5g to test and see what I'm dealing with. Thats worked really well.
The main thing for me though is that I am very careful when first trying any strain. I typically start with only a small amount, like .5g to test and see what I'm dealing with. Thats worked really well.
-
pray4peace4
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 444
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 am
Re: When the Kratom is too fast....
When that happens to me I take a Benedryl &/or propranolol. The latter tones down your body's response to adrenalin & unless you have a generous friend with AFIB, aren't likely to have access to it. I'd also agree with the suggestion to take a slow red. I've done that, too & it does help considerably.
-
guitartodd77
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:05 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: When the Kratom is too fast....
I take 1 to 2 grams of a good, relaxing Bent. That usually does the trick within 20 to 30 mins.
-
Rhino236
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 322
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:56 pm
Re: When the Kratom is too fast....
L-Theanine is my go to supplement for too fast of a burn or wobbles. I highly recommend it.