What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
Just wondering what s e everyone take on the latest letter from AKA about the possibility of aBan of ALL Kratom prodects possibly within 30 days
Hoping to hear good thoughts
This is kinda worrying me
Hoping to hear good thoughts
This is kinda worrying me
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
It worries me too. I wonder what the veterans here think of it.GrannyJ62 wrote:Just wondering what s e everyone take on the latest letter from AKA about the possibility of aBan of ALL Kratom prodects possibly within 30 days
Hoping to hear good thoughts
This is kinda worrying me
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
I think the FDA have their hands full and are concentrating their efforts on other things right now, I'd think they would be more worried about vaping, myself. AND...I think it's pretty sorry of the AKA to be sending multiple emails this week, knowing people are out of work and don't know when they'll see a normal paycheck again, I see they have their anonymous doner (urban ice) offering to match every dollar x 1000 or whatever it is..
I smell corruption...
I smell corruption...
-
K-Dawg
- Intense Kratomite (Rank 4)
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm
- Location: TX
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
CatfatherB wrote:I think the FDA have their hands full and are concentrating their efforts on other things right now, I'd think they would be more worried about vaping, myself. AND...I think it's pretty sorry of the AKA to be sending multiple emails this week, knowing people are out of work and don't know when they'll see a normal paycheck again, I see they have their anonymous doner (urban ice) offering to match every dollar x 1000 or whatever it is..
I smell corruption...
Agree 100% Catfather. Why would FDA choose this time to ban? National KPCA Act
-K-Dawg
-
MycatTimmy
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 517
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
I would love to hear some of our vendors thoughts on this
-
CatfatherB
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1727
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
I mean C'mon! "Kratom could be banned in 30 days unless we act"...!!??!!
Now I have donated to the AKA in the past but over the past year they've made it very hard for me to support them..I've seen some iffy emails from them before but this time they've churned up the biggest batch of bullbutter I've ever seen!?!
I understand we all want clean kratom but it's not for them to decide who we choose to buy from, I've said my peace and I'd like to hear what our vendors think about it too but I wouldn't want them to say anything that would put their business in jeopardy by these jackyls...
Now I have donated to the AKA in the past but over the past year they've made it very hard for me to support them..I've seen some iffy emails from them before but this time they've churned up the biggest batch of bullbutter I've ever seen!?!
I understand we all want clean kratom but it's not for them to decide who we choose to buy from, I've said my peace and I'd like to hear what our vendors think about it too but I wouldn't want them to say anything that would put their business in jeopardy by these jackyls...
-
WeAllFloatHere7
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:01 pm
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
I think the dealings of the AKA are shady at best on this one, but would you guys really put it passed the FDA to try to slip in a surprise ban while no one is watching? I'm pretty sure the DEA has the final say on this though, not the FDA. I don't think anything will come of it, but I would also rather be safe than sorry. I most likely won't donate this time around (I simply don't have the funds to do so) but I think their email is half true. I think it COULD be catastrophic, but the chances are very low. In case you can't tell by how all over the place my response is, I just don't know what to make of it.
- BallzDeep9
- Kratom Legend (Rank 12)

- Posts: 3627
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am
- Contact:
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
Yes. That Was Then... This Is Now.CatfatherB wrote:I mean C'mon! "Kratom could be banned in 30 days unless we act"...!!??
Now I have donated to the AKA in the past but over the past year they've made it very hard for me to support them....
Things DO change over Time.. Cannabis was considered a Schedule 1, Narcotic, for over 50+ years. But now, only the goober states still punish people for possession of weed.. We have leading candidates for President, saying flat out - IF they are elected, weed will be totally legal in the USA!!
Four Years ago, the AKA was vital part in our battle with DEA, to keep Kratom legal AND un-'Regulated'.. Kratom is NOT a drug. That is the position of AKA, and I fully agree with AKA on that - However. Last year, AKA put together their Approved Vendor list ( vendors who appear to have donated the most MONEY to AKA! ).. and in 2020, AKA is pushing an Agenda for State 'Regulation' of Kratom.
I don't support ANY of the AKA's Approved Vendors, in 2020. I don't support the Power Grab of giving their vendors control of the USA Kratom market.. and I think most of us, here on MM, don't buy kratom in Retail head-shops - it appears, the AKA has now become a Lobbying Group for the Retail head-shop business. So... their motives are suspect. They have NO proof of anything in the email. The FDA has not issued any statement. In fact, the FDA has not even updated their Kratom web-page in over TWO years!!!
Banned on Reddit: KratomVendors is now on SAIDIT!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
Please check out my current Auctions/ Sales on MM Trading Post! I'm also on MeWe/ Saidit/ Reddit. Thanks!
-
MycatTimmy
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 517
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
If weed was legal in every state I might not have any money left over for Kratom !
- mivanqua
- Kratom Champion (Rank 11)

- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:55 am
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
1. FDA CAN NOT BAN SHIT.
2. AS A FOOD ADDITIVE? Could this be anymore ridiculous? Unless this is referring to extracts, it's a stupid angle as it is obviously NOT a food additive. However, I needed a laugh and this definitely made me chuckle. IF this is their angle, they are getting pretty desperate. The truth of it us unbeknownst to me at this time, but it sounds fishy. Even THEY know it's not a food additive.
2. AS A FOOD ADDITIVE? Could this be anymore ridiculous? Unless this is referring to extracts, it's a stupid angle as it is obviously NOT a food additive. However, I needed a laugh and this definitely made me chuckle. IF this is their angle, they are getting pretty desperate. The truth of it us unbeknownst to me at this time, but it sounds fishy. Even THEY know it's not a food additive.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
GrannyJ62 wrote:Just wondering what s e everyone take on the latest letter from AKA about the possibility of aBan of ALL Kratom prodects possibly within 30 days
Hoping to hear good thoughts
This is kinda worrying me
Hey Granny! Do you have a link or source where I can read this?
THANKS!
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
WeAllFloatHere7 wrote:I think the dealings of the AKA are shady at best on this one, but would you guys really put it passed the FDA to try to slip in a surprise ban while no one is watching? I'm pretty sure the DEA has the final say on this though, not the FDA. I don't think anything will come of it, but I would also rather be safe than sorry. I most likely won't donate this time around (I simply don't have the funds to do so) but I think their email is half true. I think it COULD be catastrophic, but the chances are very low. In case you can't tell by how all over the place my response is, I just don't know what to make of it.
THIS!
This is, indeed, the perfect time to pass all kinds of BS laws. Everyone is so busy dealing with the crisis that I'm pretty sure all manner of restrictive and/or exploitative laws will be approved. We have to be more vigilant than ever.
As much as I hate twitter I'm thinking of re-opening my account. People must be kept apprised of the dirty dealing that I'm afraid will ramp up now
Times of crisis have ALWAYS provided opportunists their greatest opportunities.
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
Well I have known that the FDA was a corrupt big pharma lap dog since the early days of vaping so it really wouldn't surprise me for them to try some shut while people cant rally together.
-
Sneakers
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:27 am
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
I agree with GreyFeather. They're going to use this time to pass all kinds of other measures with everyone distracted. Why they care so much is beyond me, this is just going to make people suffer even more. The only thing that people are thinking about right now is the virus, but we're going to have extremely severe economic, political and social consequences from this. With many people losing their jobs and the isolation and stress they're under, substance abuse will soar even higher. We need kratom even more in these times as an alternative to people resorting to hard drugs or even alcohol to be honest. Ive been through it all and kratom is by far the safest. I'm able to have a productive life. Start spreading the word about this, we can't let the government completely run us over during this crisis.
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
I just got it in my email box like 5 times in one day then all the groups on Facebook were also talking about itGreyfeather wrote:GrannyJ62 wrote:Just wondering what s e everyone take on the latest letter from AKA about the possibility of aBan of ALL Kratom prodects possibly within 30 days
Hoping to hear good thoughts
This is kinda worrying me
Hey Granny! Do you have a link or source where I can read this?
THANKS!
Again I have doubleM ers to thank for putting my mind at ease.
I'd send the link but its stretching my internet skills to just post still dont know how to post a picture here.
It's been verified tho and I m beginning to find AKA is as money hungry as big pharma SAD.
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
Sneakers wrote:I agree with GreyFeather. They're going to use this time to pass all kinds of other measures with everyone distracted. Why they care so much is beyond me, this is just going to make people suffer even more. The only thing that people are thinking about right now is the virus, but we're going to have extremely severe economic, political and social consequences from this. With many people losing their jobs and the isolation and stress they're under, substance abuse will soar even higher. We need kratom even more in these times as an alternative to people resorting to hard drugs or even alcohol to be honest. Ive been through it all and kratom is by far the safest. I'm able to have a productive life. Start spreading the word about this, we can't let the government completely run us over during this crisis.
All excellent points. Sneakers!
No doubt about it: all of the stress and the economic hits we 'norms' are taking.... substance abuse (abuses in general) is going to increase. 12 days ago I just stopped any alcohol use. It puts me in a vulnerable place and makes me even more anxious. I don't know what I would do right now without this leaf because it has helped me change my habits. And thank god for pain relief. We need to look out for each other, now more than ever
-
nerdy ninja
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
thankful for the wisdom and insight on this website. Everything about this from when I first read it felt like a cash grab for the AKA which to do at this time is pretty slimey. I couldn’t find a single thing posted by the FDA relating to kratom recently. I think Ballz nailed it and far as who they were in our battle for kratom legality vs who they became and are present day which seems to be more about $$$ than the battle for keeping kratom legal
-
GrannyJ62
- Exalted Kratomite (Rank 7)

- Posts: 851
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:20 pm
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
You guys need to check out Are They Quarantining Vendors on YouTube talk about a guilt trip.
-
KoalityLeaf
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:21 pm
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
I believe that kratom has had a huge impact on everyone all around the world. I believe there is a possibility of it being banned in the U.S. just because how much power they have. As well, i see how much influence the AKA has in this world and the more people that contribute and actively seek freedom for Mitragyna Speciosa, the better. Lets all contribute and also influence everyone in the world why this plant has helped us and so many other people.
-
KoalityLeaf
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:21 pm
Re: What's everyone thinking about the latest AKA letter
Its hard to know what will become of this but this isnt the only thing they are trying to ban and/or change. I heard our government is also supposed to change something about our gun laws as well, not to sure on that but its what i heard! This would be a perfect time for them while everyone is distracted but what was the point of sending out the email to our legislatures for the KCPA? it just blows my mind and scares me because i dont truly know the truth of the situation. AKA has been a huge part working with us and has had influence over our community, but are they trying to take advantage and scare us into donating? I guess well just have to see in time.