Numb tongue after dose?
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Numb tongue after dose?
I had this happen only a few different times. Is it an indication of a fresher batch or of quality in anyway or just random?
- brave777
- Kratom Master (Rank 10)

- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 am
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
how long did you hold it in your mouth? i usually mix mine in hot water mix the half cup then add raw milk all the way then mix again and jug it down fast. less then5-10 seconds. I assume if you hold it long in your mouth or drink longer and slowly, it might happen? But that never has happened to me, not once where my tongue lost 100% feeling. anything else you consume beside kratom?FartBlaster wrote:I had this happen only a few different times. Is it an indication of a fresher batch or of quality in anyway or just random?
Kratom user since 2014!
-
Klubbs
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Wed May 08, 2019 6:55 pm
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
I think I saw sonewhere that kratom has mild topical anesthetic properties. So I would assume it depends on the different alkaloids, maybe not freshness. For me, one day a particular strain will do it and the next time it won't. Not sure why though.
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
When you chew a fresh leaf I've heard it makes your mouth numb. My tongue only went half or slightly numb but was noticable. Ya I chug with warm water usually really quickly.
- gumbyke1
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, Texas
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
I have heard of this before, but I haven't experienced it myself (cap my kratom). There is a small population of kratom consumers that take it sublingually, and I have heard of those folks comment on this effect before.
Texas Family Harvest - for connoisseurs, by connoisseurs.
-
Rhino236
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 322
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:56 pm
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
I’ve noticed the higher the quality the more numbing effects I get. I think it has to do with the alkaloid content. I toss and wash.
- KurtisCards
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:58 pm
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
Rhino236 wrote:I’ve noticed the higher the quality the more numbing effects I get. I think it has to do with the alkaloid content. I toss and wash.
i too notice my fav strains do this, fresh smelling awesome green ones lol
-
Chris_s29
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:30 pm
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
What vendor did this strain come from? I always have great luck with those
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
This happens to me with just about every single dose, which is probably due to the fact that I ALWAYS brew tea. So since alks are already extracted I figure it's just a super analgesic/anesthetic liquid basically!!!
-
FartBlaster
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 685
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
This was smiley yellow Vietnam 2.0
-
Apheks242
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:27 pm
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
I always toss and was and have noticed this as well. Its not full on numb just slight to mild but noticeable. Some strains more than others. I did notice my favorite strains do this more often so maybe a freshness thing. For a long time I thought it was in my head or just the cause of leaf drying out my tongue. So it's good to hear I'm not the only one.
-
Marcussk
- Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)

- Posts: 373
- Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:45 am
- Location: WNC
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
It has happened to me, but only on TFH chocolate Bentuangie. It didn't last long, but it was noticable that my tongue was numb.
-
MycatTimmy
- Ultimate Kratomite (Rank 6)

- Posts: 517
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm
- Location: Texas
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
I’ve had my face and lips tingle but not my tongue. And it usually only happens the first time I try a particularly good strain. Never had it happen on subsequent doses. Anybody know why that might be ? My normal dose is 3 to 4 grams
-
Greyfeather
- Kratom Pro (Rank 8)

- Posts: 1225
- Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
Hey! This is also a symptom of menopause.
Welcome to the Tribe!!

Welcome to the Tribe!!
-
oohger
- Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:10 pm
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
other tribes as well >>>andropause<<<. it's real. card carrying member. 
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
Have you ever eaten a saltine cracker and after leaving it in your mouth for awhile you start to taste sweetness? It's like that.
See the saliva is starting to break down the plant matter and some of the different molecules are being released. In the saltine, it's the starches being broken down into sugars. In this case it's breaking down some of the plant matter and absorbing the alkaloids.
It doesn't happen to us all, as there's a lot of variables that can affect this. But nothing to be concerned about.
See the saliva is starting to break down the plant matter and some of the different molecules are being released. In the saltine, it's the starches being broken down into sugars. In this case it's breaking down some of the plant matter and absorbing the alkaloids.
It doesn't happen to us all, as there's a lot of variables that can affect this. But nothing to be concerned about.
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
How can it be explained that this happens with almost every single cup of tea that I drink?? Meaning since the alks are already extracted into the water....fusedflora wrote:Have you ever eaten a saltine cracker and after leaving it in your mouth for awhile you start to taste sweetness? It's like that.
See the saliva is starting to break down the plant matter and some of the different molecules are being released. In the saltine, it's the starches being broken down into sugars. In this case it's breaking down some of the plant matter and absorbing the alkaloids.
It doesn't happen to us all, as there's a lot of variables that can affect this. But nothing to be concerned about.
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
The alkaloids are readily available in the case of tea, they can immediately be absorbed in the mouth and in the stomach. This is good and bad, as one typically experiences the burn faster with teas, but tea requires more raw powder (some is absorbed/lost in making the tea, and some is lost/absorbed in the mouth).acejestyr15 wrote:
How can it be explained that this happens with almost every single cup of tea that I drink?? Meaning since the alks are already extracted into the water....
-
acejestyr15
- Kratom Guru (Rank 9)

- Posts: 1442
- Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
- Location: Northwestern NJ
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
I personally find the tea differences to be all upside besides prep time which don't even bother me. The slight bit more raw powder is more than worth not consuming the plant material in the long run IMHO!! Plus as I have said many times now.... My burns are significantly more enjoyable overall with tea as opposed to mix n chug/slurry!fusedflora wrote:The alkaloids are readily available in the case of tea, they can immediately be absorbed in the mouth and in the stomach. This is good and bad, as one typically experiences the burn faster with teas, but tea requires more raw powder (some is absorbed/lost in making the tea, and some is lost/absorbed in the mouth).acejestyr15 wrote:
How can it be explained that this happens with almost every single cup of tea that I drink?? Meaning since the alks are already extracted into the water....
-
fusedflora
- Verified Vendor

- Posts: 488
- Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
Oh, I'll with you 100%. My stomach starts hating me if I don't use tea. It's totally worth it to not activate my hemmies every time I crap too.acejestyr15 wrote:I personally find the tea differences to be all upside besides prep time which don't even bother me. The slight bit more raw powder is more than worth not consuming the plant material in the long run IMHO!! Plus as I have said many times now.... My burns are significantly more enjoyable overall with tea as opposed to mix n chug/slurry!fusedflora wrote:The alkaloids are readily available in the case of tea, they can immediately be absorbed in the mouth and in the stomach. This is good and bad, as one typically experiences the burn faster with teas, but tea requires more raw powder (some is absorbed/lost in making the tea, and some is lost/absorbed in the mouth).acejestyr15 wrote:
How can it be explained that this happens with almost every single cup of tea that I drink?? Meaning since the alks are already extracted into the water....
-
skimthegrotto
- Dedicated Kratomite (Rank 2)
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:31 pm
- Location: Knoxville
Re: Numb tongue after dose?
I've had this happen once. TFH's Jade Bali, it was short lived, but it surprised the heck out of me. I only drink filtered tea.