Red areas in white vein maeng da?

Discuss kratom, vendors, strains, side effects, or any aspect of usage without censorship. Have a question about kratom? Ask it here and it get it answered by our friendly userbase.
Post Reply
Keratosis
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:00 am

Red areas in white vein maeng da?

Post by Keratosis »

I recently tried a new vendor due to my old one currently being closed. I stick with white veins because I like them for work. When scooping out the white vein maeng da I noticed that there were some red areas mixed in with all the green. Would anyone be able to tell me what this is? I have never seen this in all my years of kratom. I really appreciate any help y’all could give me. Thank you in advance.
CatfatherB
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1727
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Red areas in white vein maeng da?

Post by CatfatherB »

When you say "red areas" what do you mean? Like, it's a blend? :geek:
acejestyr15
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Kratom Guru (Rank 9)
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 11:36 am
Location: Northwestern NJ

Re: Red areas in white vein maeng da?

Post by acejestyr15 »

Keratosis wrote:I recently tried a new vendor due to my old one currently being closed. I stick with white veins because I like them for work. When scooping out the white vein maeng da I noticed that there were some red areas mixed in with all the green. Would anyone be able to tell me what this is? I have never seen this in all my years of kratom. I really appreciate any help y’all could give me. Thank you in advance.
That vendors white MD must be a blend rather than a pure???
Keratosis
Kratomite (Rank 1)
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:00 am

Re: Red areas in white vein maeng da?

Post by Keratosis »

I mean random areas where it is red rather than green.
conscious_conundrum
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Extreme Kratomite (Rank 5)
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Red areas in white vein maeng da?

Post by conscious_conundrum »

Sounds like it wasn't blended thoroughly. Many strains are actually blends.....
Laurie
Super Kratomite (Rank 3)
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:58 am
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Contact:

Re: Red areas in white vein maeng da?

Post by Laurie »

I’ve not ever physically eyeballed the powder and noticed color variations. conscious_conundrum’s reply is most likely.

But. I have noticed my powder from one vendor is near the color of the other strains from that vendor. But there are clear differences when used.

Ultimately, a lot of vendors welcome questions and some also do returns and exchanges because every member of the industry is awesome and trying to be of help to people.

I would simply ASK the vendor. It’s possible that some is from one batch and topped off with another one of the same strain but different batch. Newer plus older or something.

Do you like it? I would probably dig having red in the white to increase the pain relief while still working as needed, but that’s me.

I hope you ask the vendor cause it’s an interesting observation.

Historically, kratom has been tampered with (adding other stuff as filler) and also food coloring n on n on but not lately. That was mostly the Indo brokers and has not been an issue currently (publicly, anyway). Especially recently with contamination being a serious topic globally.

I’m sorry so chatty. Green Hulu with morning coffee!
Post Reply