AppalachianHerbs wrote:I have ordered from many indo vendors. And there seems to be a descrepency in what they consider a bent. The majority I would say carry something brown as a bent. But there are a few who insist that their dark red strains are bents.
Do you guys think that a bent can be dark red? What about a super fermented yellow style? If you ferment it enough can it be called a bentuangie? Or only if it is a true brown strain. At least light chocolate in shade.
Interested to hear everyones opinion.

<3

<3
-SpinTripFall
Though bentaungie in Malaysian (their language) means fermented and a fermented green could be a green bentuangie, I only characterize a fermented red as a bent, regardless of what the indonesians call it, I try to characterize what suppliers based specifically on drying method and drying method only:
white - dried indoors
Green - dried outside after the wash (in shade) and then finished inside
red - dried outdoors
Now, when the indos put it into bags to ferment:
gold - green bagged for awhile to ferment indoors
yellow - white bagged to ferment indoors
bentuangie - red fermented outdoors
I don't do the red and green = whites or mixed golds/yellows from any Indonesian, so I can characterize them just like this based strictly on their drying method. Hence I only have a few golds and yellows now, as they're time consuming to bag and dry indoors and most suppliers don't like to do it.
Depending on how VLNT dries it it what I would/would not call it, but I wouldn't characterize anything as a green bent, yellow bent, etc... based on how I do it. Just too confusing to me and wouldn't lead to consistency IMHO.